Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Searched] Civic Brake Question: Asking Gurus for Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Searched] Civic Brake Question: Asking Gurus for Help

1: how do the si front brakes compare to dx front brakes what is differnt in them ? is the caliper the same ?

2: Which one would be the best bang for the buck. The ep3 swap or the integra brake swap?

Is there any issues I would run into with the MC and my car being non ABS ?

any info / links / experiences would be helpful. Thank you.

I'm thinking i'm not runing enough HP to really need an entire brake swap. [140hp] I would just like to get better braking preformance and increase the amount of time before fade begins. I'm thinking blanks and good pads, and some decent brake fluid. but, I would like to have some input.

Again thank you for your time.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only answer I truly know is that the DC2 and EP3 (as well as the EM1 and others) all share the same front rotors and pads. I believe there's a slight difference in orientation between the strut cars and the wishbone cars, but the pads and rotors are the same, which leads me to believe the calipers are just the standard honda 10.3" brake setup.
If you're putting stuff on a wishbone car, I'd use stuff from a wishbone car, the EP/EM2/ES knuckles are all different due to the different suspension. It would just be easier to pair like suspensions when doing swap work.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: [Searched] Civic Brake Question: Asking Gurus for Help (lain720)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lain720 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm thinking blanks and good pads, and some decent brake fluid. but, I would like to have some input.

Again thank you for your time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what I did. Hawk pads, new, blank rotors, stainless lines, good fluid. I am really interested in a kit from Fastbrakes for my car, it doesn't need it, I just want it.