Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** PLS HELP!!! Which WIRE HARNESS TO USE?? **

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** PLS HELP!!! Which WIRE HARNESS TO USE?? **

hey fellas, i gotta ask here and get the honest lowdown on information. i'm not familiar with the experience of hybrid swaps, so please advise if you can.

my friend and i just bought a 95 integra shell for him. fortunately, it still has most of the stock electrical wires(dash harness etc), just no engine. he has a 98 gsr head swap sitting on an LS block. his ls/vtec motor does not have a harness, which is why i've been on the search for one.

at any rate, we've been getting conflicting advice as to what we should use. should i be looking for a obd2A (96-98) gsr engine harness OR obd1 gsr engine harness?? so basically, do i buy a harness to match the body year and stock internal wires or a harness to match the motor? i'm not sure if the plugs on the 95 even match up to the plugs of a 98 wire harness

so, any advice or constructive flaming is greatly appreciated. i've got a string of sellers right now trying to sell me their harness, some obd2a and some obd1. btw, if one of you has a stock unmodified one for sale, PM me and i'll add you to our list of possible sources

thanks for the help-
Old 04-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ** PLS HELP!!! Which WIRE HARNESS TO USE?? ** (Lucky-R)

You could technically use any 94-01 Integra harness as far as the plugs matching up at the shock towers. The pinouts (at the shock tower plugs) with the exception of the IAB (OBD1 and OBD2 are different polarity) on a GSR are the same. If the parts that he has on the motor are currently OBD2 then it would be best to match the harness up to that. If not, then I would buy a 94-95 harness. It's becoming hard to find a mint USDM OBD1 GSR harness though. Of course you can also use any DC Integra or even an OBD1 EG Civic harness as well if need be. You might have to add a few wires and change a few plugs depending on what harness you use (aside from a GSR) but it is an option.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ** PLS HELP!!! Which WIRE HARNESS TO USE?? ** (VTECVillain)

thanks villain-thats actually great info you just provided.