Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code

My vtec doesnt work and speedometer doesnt work. I got a Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction code. My idle is way off it goes from 500-1000 RPM and ranges. The motor doesnt make any knocking noises though and the oil pan doesnt have any metal. I have a magnetic oil plug. My TCD sensor also has oil all over it.

A mechanic worked on my car and returned it to me. Forgot to put the oil cap on and I drove it for 3 hours. I got oil all over the harness but the car was working fine. All I did was change the oil on it right away after that and called the mechanic to give me my oil cap. I think the oil might of gotten all over the harness and over time caused it to be bad?????

I dont see how all my sensors would be bad? It seems like they are though? The car wasnt that bad until I left it sitting for about 4 months it seemed to have just gotten worse.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code (S2K Luver)

when you say oil everywhere on the harness was it like SOAKED .....
i would def. talk to you "mechanic" about whats goign on since "he" left the cap off.

this happened 4 months ago?????
Old 03-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code (S@nt0s)

Yes but the guy moved away and I cant get in touch with him.

I'll let that be a by gone though.

I just wanna fix my car blaming someone wont help me at this point. Its frustrating because it seems to be an electrical issue.

EPS light is on, No VTEC, no speedometer

This also isnt cheap to fix because it requires to hook it up to a Honda Diagnosis machine from the dealership.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code (S2K Luver)

ewll the fact that it happened months ago and who knows where all that oil got into.. could have gotten into the contacts of your sensors and causing them to corrode/fail perhaps then leading you to where you are now..

you can removed the sensors and check your contacts to see. unwrap your harness lil sections at a time to see if there is any damage....
Old 03-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code (S@nt0s)

Thanks this is what im thinking.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2K Luver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The car wasnt that bad until I left it sitting for about 4 months it seemed to have just gotten worse. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what do you mean by that?

the car was sitting for 4 months w/o running the engine?

if so, bad gas causes knock... the spark plugs might be faulty too... i dont know why the speedo doesnt work, try checking/cleaning the sensor and fuse.. and maybe thats why your vtec is not engaging cuz its not registering how fast you where going.. vtec kicks-in in certain MPH..

correct me if im wrong
Old 03-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code (FR-MOB: Jerk)

makes alot of sense.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code (FR-MOB: Jerk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FR-MOB: Jerk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

vtec kicks-in in certain MPH..

correct me if im wrong </TD></TR></TABLE>

mph? u mean RPM along with a load on the motor
Old 03-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats why i said " correct me if im wrong" as iwas in a rush to make an e-diagnosis cuz im soo busy at work with crazy headache...
Old 03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FR-MOB: Jerk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats why i said " correct me if im wrong" as iwas in a rush to make an e-diagnosis cuz im soo busy at work with crazy headache... </TD></TR></TABLE>

i feel you, im at work myself but aint got **** to do now...
Old 03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FR-MOB: Jerk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats why i said " correct me if im wrong" as iwas in a rush to make an e-diagnosis cuz im soo busy at work with crazy headache... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Vtec works with the speedometer i think
Old 03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
* B A N N E D *

Combination of VSS voltage, throttle position, oil pressure, and RPM.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2K Luver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Vtec works with the speedometer i think</TD></TR></TABLE>

no,
your speed isnt the factor... rpm point along with a load on the motor...
Old 03-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code (Mr. Projekt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Projekt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Combination of VSS voltage, throttle position, oil pressure, and RPM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

more of - engine oil pressure, engine temperature, vehicle speed (MPH), and engine speed (RPM). throttle position is out of the question..

Old 03-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

yes oil pressure i didnt meanstion that since we all know, wait some of us know that with increases RPM your oil pressure goes up
Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S@nt0s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes oil pressure i didnt meanstion that since we all know, wait some of us know that with increases RPM your oil pressure goes up </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, to the highlighted part... if you dont know, dohc vtec has high and low RPM cam lobe profiles on both the intake and exhaust valve camshafts. a locking pin is pushed by oil pressure to bind as RPM increases... but the question is, would the computer let the solinoid open if it notice that the car is not moving?

as i think solinoid is control by the computer...
Old 03-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FR-MOB: Jerk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yes, to the highlighted part... if you dont know, dohc vtec has high and low RPM cam lobe profiles on both the intake and exhaust valve camshafts. a locking pin is pushed by oil pressure to bind as RPM increases... but the question is, would the computer let the solinoid open if it notice that the car is not moving?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no you wont engage Vtec while in a still position
Old 03-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats what the computer thinks when its not sending MPH cuz the speedo/sensor is broken...
Old 03-15-2007, 01:50 PM
* B A N N E D *

more of - engine oil pressure, engine temperature, vehicle speed (MPH), and engine speed (RPM). throttle position is out of the question..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually no. On my car, at WOT it hits at 5800, at 75% throttle it comes in at 6k.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FR-MOB: Jerk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats what the computer thinks when its not sending MPH cuz the speedo/sensor is broken... </TD></TR></TABLE>

i know....
Old 03-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so, you still thinks that the vehicle speed is not a factor?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FR-MOB: Jerk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so, you still thinks that the vehicle speed is not a factor? </TD></TR></TABLE>

it isnt.... the sensor is messed up, bad contacts.....

we were just discussing how Vtec works...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S@nt0s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

we were just discussing how Vtec works... </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly!!!

as Dang and I said, it determines engine oil pressure, engine temperature, vehicle speed (MPH), and engine speed (RPM) inorder to work... if one of them is missing, its not going to work properly, just like we just discuss
Old 03-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

exactly!!!

as Dang and I said, it determines engine oil pressure, engine temperature, vehicle speed (MPH), and engine speed (RPM) inorder to work... if one of them is missing, its not going to work properly, just like we just discuss </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes in stock conditions i never said it wouldnt i was just looking at the aspect of the "VTECH" working...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how ironic you just seek what you were seeking

Quick Reply: Serious help My car is in horrible condition got a P0325 code