Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

S2000 in the snow?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: S2000 in the snow? (Lookincrazy)

You came on here and asked a kid question. Use ur head, The car is 2800lbs, 5in off of the ground and is RWD. Its not a truck that can go over snow, its not heavy so there is little trac. About me driving, I will beat most people in a race. Why, because Im not a bitch and dont really care if I crash or break stuff, unlike 99% of people on here. I had my SCCA lic, no longer good because I have not ogne to the races in the past 12 months. The point is, I know waht im talking about, I know how 2 drive and there is no real good point to drive this car in teh snow
Old 07-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a firm believer that ANY car can be driven in the snow (with more than enough control to be drivable). I've seen 911's, 300ZX TT's, C5's in the snow. I've also seen numerous Miata's with snow tires doing just fine (which are lighter than S2k's and has the same FR layout). My friend's E30 325 is sometimes used as a snow plow (lowered with a lip)

The main thing is, get some good snow tires (studded, if allowed) and use some common sense when driving.

With that said, I'd rather have a beater 4x4/AWD
Old 07-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: S2000 in the snow? (blkturbos2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You came on here and asked a kid question. Use ur head, The car is 2800lbs, 5in off of the ground and is RWD. Its not a truck that can go over snow, its not heavy so there is little trac. About me driving, I will beat most people in a race. Why, because Im not a bitch and dont really care if I crash or break stuff, unlike 99% of people on here. I had my SCCA lic, no longer good because I have not ogne to the races in the past 12 months. The point is, I know waht im talking about, I know how 2 drive and there is no real good point to drive this car in teh snow</TD></TR></TABLE>

So your an irresponsible driver, stupid driver, you shouldnt even be driving the way you are speaking. you mean you dont give a **** if you crash and burn or hurt someone or even break your own ****. Thats not being a bitch thats being an ignorant, stubborn, hard headed person. So youd risk your life and others to win a race huh? very smart of you.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:27 PM

That about sums it up!
Old 07-07-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: (P Nut)

I know how they are in the snow. i had a 440hp 300zxtt. My friend had a vett. U can make them go on a flat road but if u hit a stoplight thats on a hill u r SOL!
Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blkturbos2k)

whatever bro im not here to argue. appreciate your interest in this topic.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: (Lookincrazy)

Thank You. Im glad u see it my way
Old 07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your welcome but i never said i saw it your way!
Old 07-07-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: (Lookincrazy)

I will make belive I didnt see that
Old 07-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can make believe whatever you want brother. have a good one.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know how they are in the snow. i had a 440hp 300zxtt. My friend had a vett. U can make them go on a flat road but if u hit a stoplight thats on a hill u r SOL!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you have snow tires on it?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: (P Nut)

ummmmm, no. I know they help but the car still sucks ***. My buddy crashed his s2k with snow tires and that was the first thing he said.:i had snow tires on" It can only help so much
Old 07-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ummmmm, no. I know they help but the car still sucks ***. My buddy crashed his s2k with snow tires and that was the first thing he said.:i had snow tires on" It can only help so much</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm.. I notice a world of difference when I put snow tires on(it's fun snow plowing in my R ) , but then again, I'm FF.

I'd imagine with a proper setup(i.e. studded Blizzak's), it wouldn't be too bad.

Now, I wouldn't CHOOSE to drive a lightweight RWD in the snow. Just pointing out that if it's your only ride and you HAVE to do it, it's possible with proper caution, equipment, etc.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> About me driving, I will beat most people in a race. Why, because Im not a bitch and dont really care if I crash or break stuff, unlike 99% of people on here. I had my SCCA lic, no longer good because I have not ogne to the races in the past 12 months. The point is, I know waht im talking about, I know how 2 drive and there is no real good point to drive this car in teh snow</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL

Old 07-07-2005, 03:39 PM

EFSS153

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: S2000 in the snow? (itr341)

IMO, an S2000 shouldn't be driven in the snow, irregardless whether or not its doable. S2Ks shouldn't be sliding around in the snow, they deserve more respect than that. Not to mention the lightweight, FR layout is unsafe in the snow to begin with, especially when it's only 5 inches off the ground. Buy a beater.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:18 PM

i thought u would like that
Old 07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: S2000 in the snow? (NAallTheWAY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAallTheWAY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO, an S2000 shouldn't be driven in the snow, irregardless whether or not its doable. S2Ks shouldn't be sliding around in the snow, they deserve more respect than that. Not to mention the lightweight, FR layout is unsafe in the snow to begin with, especially when it's only 5 inches off the ground. Buy a beater.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is a personal perference.

some people believe modified honda civic should be stored in the winter time when the others are driving 911 convertible in the snow.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...Anyone on here that knows me will tell u I will out drive 99% of people.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty strong statement there.

To keep it tech related, Blizzaks is good for 2, MAX 3 seasons, half way through the 3rd season my blizzaks pretty much died, couldn't even go up a little slope from a stop. First 2 season were awesome in the snow.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr341 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

i ditto that
Old 07-08-2005, 07:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have something to say, stop being a bitch, get a s2k, drive it in snow, put snow tires on it and when u crash it bring it to my shop like the 3 s2k drivers did last year when it snowed. They also had "snow tires" on. You are talking otu of ur *** when u tell me to kearn how to drive. Anyone on here that knows me will tell u I will out drive 99% of people. I have go to Skip Barber racing and Summit Point many of times. Can u drive your $30 in the snow, yes. Should u do it just for the hell of it or use it as a DD in the snow NO! If u tap the gas u will slide, If u hit a patch of ice u will slide. The car is very *** happy, it will come around very easy</TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL.

You sir are a MORON.
Come to my neck of the woods. Plenty of people here will make you look like a bitch on a track Mr. hotshot.

You should be the first person to know, if you are really all you cracked up to be, that dedicated snow tires and sensible driving will get you through even in S2000.
I've done it 2 winters.

Picture for the poster. Yes, you can drive your S2000 in the snow. Make sure you have set of dedicated snow tires and use common sense.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: S2000 in the snow? (soundzero)

I got through last winter's snowfalls on almost bald S02's. Yes I know it was stupid but I figured what the hell, lets see what happens. I made my 30 mile commute to school and home fine. Only problem I had was getting up my driveway. Snow tires + granny driving and you will be fine
Old 07-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soundzero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
dedicated snow tires and sensible driving will get you through even in S2000.
I've done it 2 winters.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Methinks 99% of the people here, who don't even own snow tires, don't realize how much of a difference good snow tires make.

I'll say it again--ANY car can be driven in the snow with proper snow tires and common sense.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Exactly what i was waiting to hear. thanks soundzero. by the way did you have 4 snow tires or just 2 in the rear?

and nishant what you said "Snow tires + granny driving and you will be fine" was also another thing i was waiting to hear. thanx fellas.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

4 snow tires, 2 is not worth it
Old 07-08-2005, 11:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lookincrazy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly what i was waiting to hear. thanks soundzero. by the way did you have 4 snow tires or just 2 in the rear?

and nishant what you said "Snow tires + granny driving and you will be fine" was also another thing i was waiting to hear. thanx fellas.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Dedicated" all four corners should be covered by snow tires. I personally used Blizzaks WS50. My friend used LM22 on his M3. Now, WS50 is more hardcore snow tires than LM22. LM22 is what I'd call performance winter tires, if there is such thing. But neither tires will save your *** on black ice.

When I say sensible driving is as follow;

*Don't stab your throttle. Squeez! not stab.
*Be very careful with brakes. Even with snow tires, your stopping distance doubles in snowy condition.
*Do not vtec in corners unless ofcourse you are clear on all four side and ready to counter steer.

I went through two major storms in Midwest when I had my S2000 and blizzaks. On I70 driving back from Indiana, many FWD cars and SUVs with less than ideal tires were ended up in ditches along side of the highway. My S2000 drove fine with about 6-10 inches of snow and rapidly changing ground condition.

In fact, look on SUV driver's face when I blew by them was priceless.

Just be careful and take extra time in speed, braking and lane changing then you will be absolutely fine! Just don't get hot headed behind the wheel especially in winter time or any adverse weather conditions for that matter.

Trust me. You will be fine. Besides, you will learn alot about your car. I do recommand having a second car that is easier to drive in these type of weather though. Now I drive around in my 10 year old Volvo. Not because I am worried about my driving in the winter time, but because I do not trust other drivers on the road. I guess that was my biggest reason of getting a beater.

Good luck to you!

Quick Reply: S2000 in the snow?