Honda S2000 Honda S2000

S2000 accident after 1 day

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Luke)

S does 100 in ~14. M Roadster in ~12.5. Thats hardly 11 to 16. 80 ft-lb of torque extra is nice, but it's not going to create a 5 second difference from 0-100 between two cars with 240 hp that are only 200 lbs different.

Also, once you've driven an S slowly a few times in the rain, you should get the hang of it. Just brake in a straight line, and get back on the gas slowly. This goes for ANY car with decent balance. An Integra will spin with almost the same ease if you get hard on the brakes mid-turn in the rain. And accellerating out of a turn properly means negligible traction loss, so in that case the S won't spin. The S is a bit hard to drive, especially coming from FWD, but it's not a "beast" by any means.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jolt-tsp)

EVO ran a stock one at 11.6, oh well whatever you want

Dont compare an Integra to the S as a wet weather car. It is easily the more stable option. Mayeb some of this is where we all drive. 90% of the roads in the US are very different to the winding, off camber, bumpy lanes we have here. Also the speed limit on these backroads is 60 most of the time. I seriously didnt feel anywhere near as secure in the S as I did in the Integra. I am not a madman and dont like the rain much, but I do enjoy playing with the car. I would never try to access the performance of the S in anything other than decent weather, so it begs the question what exactly would I be paying a premium for in the first place.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, goof *****, I was talking about the S52 ///M's! The earlier models of the M coupe/roadster series (98-2000, I think) were the S50's with 240hp and 2XX lb/ft. The S52's specs are:

Standard Engine 3.2L 315 hp I6
Horsepower 315 @ 7400 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 251 @ 4900 RPM

= S2000's @$$...handidly.

Luke, I don't really know of any cars that are on par with the S52 M's performance in that price range($25-30k), except C5's. BUT,...BUT, more power does NOT equal more fun.

And, once again, I disagree with you about the Integra being a better wet weather car. I'll take an oversteer from a RWD over a understeer from a FWD any day of the week. I don't know if you're just that stubborn, but get it through your head that stock S02's weren't meant for wet weather driving. Try the S with some competent wet weather tires (i.e. S03's). I know what you mean when you say the S is a bit twitchy, but seriously, it's not bad enough to scare you away from owning an S. But if that's truly the case, you need some driving lessons.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (P Nut)

I am not sure what kind of driving you guys do but the S does great in the rain even on S02's. I have tracked my car in light rain and pouring rain. I had almost no issues of sliding. Yes i did have the rear somewhat slide on me but it was me pushing it to learn the limits of the wet tire. In the rain its pretty simple, you must have gradual steering and throttle inputs, meaning smooth. The only instances of a rear coming out would come from hard braking mid turn, smashing the throttle before an apex, turning too fast, shifting during a turn, etc... I was able to keep up with the FWD and AWD cars on the track, even passed most them. This was all while I was bone stock.

Now as far as the Integra vs S in the rain, the integra is easier to drive in the rain. It would also feel more comfortable in most people's hands. If you go look at any road tests in the rain, the S has outperformed any integra (including R). What does that say? In the hands of a competent driver, the S is better even in the rain.

Luke, now I do not know the road conditions where you are. If you say most are bumpy and unstable, I can understand how you felt more comfortable in the integra. The S would feel unbalanced if it continuously went through bumps and other crap in the road. In your case, with these types of roads, the integra would be better than the S for you. Everything depends on the situation, everyone's is different so each will have their own opinion. You need to pick whats best for you which is prob different than most of us.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P Nut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, goof *****, I was talking about the S52 ///M's! The earlier models of the M coupe/roadster series (98-2000, I think) were the S50's with 240hp and 2XX lb/ft. The S52's specs are:

Standard Engine 3.2L 315 hp I6
Horsepower 315 @ 7400 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 251 @ 4900 RPM

= S2000's @$$...handidly.

Luke, I don't really know of any cars that are on par with the S52 M's performance in that price range($25-30k), except C5's. BUT,...BUT, more power does NOT equal more fun.

And, once again, I disagree with you about the Integra being a better wet weather car. I'll take an oversteer from a RWD over a understeer from a FWD any day of the week. I don't know if you're just that stubborn, but get it through your head that stock S02's weren't meant for wet weather driving. Try the S with some competent wet weather tires (i.e. S03's). I know what you mean when you say the S is a bit twitchy, but seriously, it's not bad enough to scare you away from owning an S. But if that's truly the case, you need some driving lessons.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Goodyear used to have the F1 available for the S, I can see that making a difference probably but last I heard they had discontinued them in the sizes? Oh and the S50 over here was 321Hp with the S52 making 325Hp...and yes, they both would pull an S in half
Old 12-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nishant)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nishant &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Now as far as the Integra vs S in the rain, the integra is easier to drive in the rain. It would also feel more comfortable in most people's hands. If you go look at any road tests in the rain, the S has outperformed any integra (including R). What does that say? In the hands of a competent driver, the S is better even in the rain. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you could link one I would love to read it, I haven't heard a good thing said about an S in the wet, the Integra has never let me down on slippery stuff and inspires loads of confidence. Maybe that's the point, maybe an S might be ultimately better but if it doesnt give you that confidence you wont explore it? I still would fancy my chances in the wet against one in the Integra to be honest.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Goodyear used to have the F1 available for the S, I can see that making a difference probably but last I heard they had discontinued them in the sizes? Oh and the S50 over here was 321Hp with the S52 making 325Hp...and yes, they both would pull an S in half </TD></TR></TABLE>

I forgot you were in Europe. You guys also got the E36 M3 with 321hp along with the SMG and 6sp trannies. Bastard....

Old 12-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P Nut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I forgot you were in Europe. You guys also got the E36 M3 with 321hp along with the SMG and 6sp trannies. Bastard....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes and gas is $5 for the equivalent of a US gallon, arent we so lucky to have all that extra HP that we cant afford to use
Old 12-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=Luke]

If you could link one I would love to read it, I haven't heard a good thing said about an S in the wet[QUOTE]

cuase you need to live outside of the box.. you're close minded about the S's handling abilities cause you had 2 bad experiences while driving one....

Old 12-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (03s2kblue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03s2kblue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you could link one I would love to read it, I haven't heard a good thing said about an S in the wet

cuase you need to live outside of the box.. you're close minded about the S's handling abilities cause you had 2 bad experiences while driving one....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shut up you total knobend. I was actually asking someone for something..... this doesn't require your special genius qualities. I am glad you and Mrs S2000 are happy with each other now let the grown ups talk for a while.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some of you guys who think the S2000 is scary in the wet haven't driven one with the right tires. It's NOT a problem with the car; to assume otherwise is ignorant. The 00-01's tend to oversteer more and more suddenly than the later ones, but they were designed that way. The 04+'s are very easy to drive and very forgiving. A 6 year old should be able to safely hang the rear out on the 04+ models.

Stock tires are incredibly scary in the wet/snow/anything other than a perfect road once they're worn and/or cold. In rain, I've literally had to slow to half the speed of traffic on grooved concrete with the rear still trying to step out. It's not fun and definitely not safe. Snow meant that anything other than a slight incline was impassable.

On the other hand- I now have snow tires. They handle VERY well. I've driven up steep snow and ice covered roads and through deep water with NO trouble. Even at high speeds/cold temperatures on dry roads they perform very respectably.

Tim
Old 12-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Shut up you total knobend. I was actually asking someone for something..... this doesn't require your special genius qualities. I am glad you and Mrs S2000 are happy with each other now let the grown ups talk for a while.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

blah blah blah.. blah blah blah... blah blah blah.. learn to drive you tool
Old 12-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ladies, ladies... 'tis the season to be jolly.

Now, give each other a hug.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rofl...

only when he passes his driving test..
Old 12-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P Nut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ladies, ladies... 'tis the season to be jolly.

Now, give each other a hug.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No biggy, just another mouthy 24yr old ******** Shame he isn't closer I could feed him some humble pie at a track somewhere.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:01 AM

A few days later now, I feel a bit better, knowing that things could be better,
but also could turn out worse...

It was all my mistake,
I should have driven more careful in this conditions,
I thought the road was dry, but it wasnt everywhere
but thinken is not good,.. we have to "know"..

Now I know that I will manage my problems,
and that God will help me fix this, he wanted to let me learn from my errors,
and change my personality to become a better person..

I have to change from being a freak and addicted person to a "lover"...
I must tread my life with respect and be happy I'm still here to write this message..
so maybe it can help other S2000 owners..

Good luck to you guys
and thank you
Greets from Belgium
Old 12-02-2005, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Luke, back up your statements. Show us a video of you tearing up a course in any car, then your statements about the s2k might become a little more credible.

I don't think anyone here has mentioned that they're a great driver, and I think that is exactly the point. You don't need to be a great driver to drive an s2k. You said yourself you only drove it twice. Well, after my second time driving it, I still sucked at it. By the 10th time though I was comfortable, and after owning it less than a month I was having a jolly time with the back end. This is coming from FWD. Someone coming from a RWD car with decent power would probably be able to drive an S with confidence after just a couple times.

I guess I'm just an amazing driver though if I can control the s2k in the rain on a bumpy road. I'm gonna go email some f1 teams about driving for them now that I know I'm among the super elite than are able to control the beast that is the s2k.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No biggy, just another mouthy 24yr old ******** Shame he isn't closer I could feed him some humble pie at a track somewhere.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

sure i'll take you up on that offer.. i'll be in the UK next summer...... i'll be in wales.. i'll give you a buzz and teach you how to drive an S....
Old 12-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03s2kblue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sure i'll take you up on that offer.. i'll be in the UK next summer...... i'll be in wales.. i'll give you a buzz and teach you how to drive an S....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Even better, find a track day at Pembrey circuit and i'll be sure to show you the way round.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Track day? hmm....nah, i'll let you kiddie's have fun
Old 12-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nishant)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nishant &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Track day? hmm....nah, i'll let you kiddie's have fun</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry don't race cars, they are just toys
Old 12-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Luke, it still confuses me that you race bikes and yet find the S too twitchy. The bike is all about throttle control and require 10x more attention to ride than the S. I would've thought you would find the S a lot easier to drive...

Anyway, I wish I would've kept my F3 to track with. Come spring, F4i is on top priority list!

The only way I'd race a bike around a track in my S is if I made them do a wheelie the whole time.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P Nut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Luke, it still confuses me that you race bikes and yet find the S too twitchy. The bike is all about throttle control and require 10x more attention to ride than the S. I would've thought you would find the S a lot easier to drive...

Anyway, I wish I would've kept my F3 to track with. Come spring, F4i is on top priority list!

The only way I'd race a bike around a track in my S is if I made them do a wheelie the whole time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Feedback on a bike is way higher. I dont think it takes the same level of commitment to drive a car quickly, its all a bit dull. Plus you dont, well I dont, get a kick out of how a car responds. Anything this side of a GT3 is going to feel like a boat after a GP bike?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ha ha, true. My car always felt soooo slow after a ride on my F3.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:04 AM

The tunnel is ok -&gt; no big deal,
insurance will pay for the paint of the walls..

I myself have to take care of the S2000...

My uncle think it needs 5000€-7000€ to repair...
I want to repair it, but for this moment not enough money...

If i sell what is left of my S2000, normally I shoud get 5000€-7000€...

this moment i'm still driving the civic that my mom bought from me, which i use together with her ,... she only needs 5% of the time..

But one of my little brother is 18now, and soon will have his licence;.
that is the reason i think, i have to leave him the civic and buy another car..

My heart says: repair S2000 + learn BIG from it !!
My mind says: maybe you should sell it, and buy a slower car, and forget about beautiful cars, but i think that would be very difficult for me...

I have to change my personlality ..
but a full turn-around of personality, in the opposite way = impossible, or not realistic i feel..

I am who I am, i can only learn from my faults and become a more
responsible person, and i have to accept myself, and learn how to thread this charakter...

liem

Quick Reply: S2000 accident after 1 day