Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Rotas

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (LAS2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LAS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">more like as in you fail to see the reason things are priced the way they are. higher quality=more money. if you want your wheels to break going 80 on a freeway causing your car to hit the center divider and wipe out other cars then by all means get rotas.

Modified by LAS2K at 10:57 PM 12/5/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

you shouldn't be goin 80 in the first place

I'm sure it was a huge pothole......or thin sidewall'ed tires?

BTW I don't own rotas....i have volks on my civic...just don't like false info being spread....
Old 12-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can anyone confirm that these do not clear the calipers?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BB6-213)

i emailed machiii about a month ago and they told me the 18's were the only ones that clear the calipers...now im not sure if thats 100% true but thats what they told me
Old 12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Yeah IM from Jersey, big wup, wanna fight about, it, USA
Default Re: (Infinity_Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOL1D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

2 on the track 1 c8 seperated from the middle of the rim and the other from hard cornering i think it was a slipstream but it cracked along to of the spokes.

So until Rota does some quality checks, i'd stick with some stronger wheels</TD></TR></TABLE>

The C8 is a poorly desinged/made wheel in the first place no matter who produces it. Mugen, spoon, or rota they will all fail at some point because the design is flawed. that is quite possibly the worst rim to buy for racing. Looks is a different story. Ive seen the same thing happen twice to a rota rim and a mugen rim. the inner part where the lugs are located sheared directly away from the spokes. it was cause by hard cornering. the way the rim was designed was not tested very well with lateral forces. the gravitaional and normal forces on the rim seemed to pass fine but for some reason the spokes arent designed well at all. Ill stick by my original post...

Rotas FTMFW!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LAS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">p.s. other people can vouch for that story too even if you don't believe projekt who is one of the most reputable s2k'ers on this forum.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LAS2K i aint doubting you that this happened but think about it, there could have been countless times where a spoon, volk, or mugen rim could have cracked by hitting a pothole at normal driving speeds and send a car into a divider. its called factor of safety and it happens with everything produced. maybe a rota rim has a lower factor of saftey which makes people think there inferior but every company that makes things has it. theres going to be defects in any product. no company out there is perfect. if they were everyone would buy from them and they would be a monopoly. the reason i like my rotas is because they serve my purpose. i use them for light racing and X-ing and for DD. they look good and perform good as well. are they as good as say the TE-37's...no but they cost 1/4 and look exactly like them. and if i get a scuff in my rim im gonna be 4x more pissed off that i just ruined 2g rims... for noraml driving the rotas are the best bang for the buck, however for racing and X-ing, i dont doubt that a volk, mugen, spoon rim will out-perform a rota rim... My 2 pennies
Old 12-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SupersonicBlueGSR)

what is the ratio between rims made by rota and rims rota rims that break?

what is the ratio between rims made by a JDM pricey company and the ones that break?

you can never know but im willing to bet you that rota's break a lot more than the rest. i would not risk skimping out $1000 on rims on a $20,000 car. you guys can spend $800 on rims for a $5000 car. theres a difference. thats like comparing DC sports products with your cars and ours. DC has good products for lower end cars but their products for the S suck. you gotta pay to properly take care of your vehicle.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LAS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the ratio between rims made by rota and rims rota rims that break?

what is the ratio between rims made by a JDM pricey company and the ones that break?

you can never know but im willing to bet you that rota's break a lot more than the rest. i would not risk skimping out $1000 on rims on a $20,000 car. you guys can spend $800 on rims for a $5000 car. theres a difference. thats like comparing DC sports products with your cars and ours. DC has good products for lower end cars but their products for the S suck. you gotta pay to properly take care of your vehicle. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not one knows the exact number but there's one thing for sure.

you hear more "horrible" stories about rota because just by the sheer number of them out there. it's like you don't hear much people complain about ferrari being unreliable and some of your friend that drives a honda tells your about their problem. just by sheer ratio/volume alot will put whatever the statisic unreliable.

i am not saying rota is up there with the quality and design, i know they are not but they do not fell off for nothing and kill people. There's more stories about people bending/breaking rota because there's more out there, and when you pay next to nothing for a set of rims, you don't baby it like you do with the rega master, mf10 or rg1, or whatever the jdm blings.

half of the honda-tech is rocking rota, and most of them is pretty happy about it, just ask around.

too bad they don't make an application for the S, because when they do i'll sell my 5zigen and get those.

Modified by iam7head at 3:58 AM 12/8/2006
Old 12-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iam7head)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iam7head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you hear more "hororable" stories about rota because just by the sheer number of them out there. it's like you don't hear much people compare about ferrari being reliable and some of your friend that drives a honda tells your about their problem. just by sheer ratio/volume alot will put whatever the statisic unreliable.

i am not saying rota is up there with the quality and design, i know they are not but they do not fell off for nothing and kill people. There's more stories about people bending/breaking rota because there's more out there, and when you pay next to nothing for a set of rims, you don't baby it like you do with the rega master, mf10 or rg1, or whatever the jdm blings.

half of the honda-tech is rocking rota, and most of them is pretty happy about it, just ask around.

too bad they don't make an application for the S, because when they do i'll sell my 5zigen and get those.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

AMEN BROTHA!!! TESTIFY!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LAS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thats like comparing DC sports products with your cars and ours. DC has good products for lower end cars but their products for the S suck. you gotta pay to properly take care of your vehicle. </TD></TR></TABLE>

DC sports suck *** IMO no matter what the application is, but thats not the debate right now.

So by leaving the rims stock that would be fine? So your saying that by buying rota rims is kind of like a downgrade from stock?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A lot of you have made some very real points about Rota's:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S@nt0s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok im not here to bash on rotas in any way.. they do serve their purpose..
but why would you buy a S2K to put rotas on it?

if there was not a NSX the S2000 would be the Flag ship car for Honda... thats like taking a really hot date all dressed up heels and all to McD's for $1 tuesday.... </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you hear more "hororable" stories about rota because just by the sheer number of them out there. it's like you don't hear much people compare about ferrari being reliable and some of your friend that drives a honda tells your about their problem. just by sheer ratio/volume alot will put whatever the statisic unreliable.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have Rota's on my Civic and like them a lot. They suit the car very well in looks, performance, and practicality. However, my S2000 will have some Rays on it because they will be the better choice. Kind of see what I'm saying here?
Old 12-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iam7head)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iam7head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you hear more "hororable" stories about rota because just by the sheer number of them out there. it's like you don't hear much people compare about ferrari being reliable and some of your friend that drives a honda tells your about their problem. just by sheer ratio/volume alot will put whatever the statisic unreliable.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

point well said.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: (oni3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oni3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A lot of you have made some very real points about Rota's:

I have Rota's on my Civic and like them a lot. They suit the car very well in looks, performance, and practicality. However, my S2000 will have some Rays on it because they will be the better choice. Kind of see what I'm saying here?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes its the true... but no one see it the way i do...
Old 12-07-2006, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Rotas (abstracthomie)

you want to run knockoff wheels on a car that goes for $36k brand new?

are you serious?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 AM

Rota's are good for what they are. I've seen rota's break, yet i've also seen Volk's break.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: (NerveAgent)

again i will say

Honda's flags..
1. NSX
2. S2000

NUFF SAID!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 AM
...still your worst nightmare squared

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LAS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">p.s. other people can vouch for that story too even if you don't believe projekt who is one of the most reputable s2k'ers on this forum.

p.s.s. spelling&gt;you

Modified by LAS2K at 2:51 PM 12/6/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>
i remember that story i "rofl" but not because he wrecked his ride.
1. So you are getting the Rotas to ride on everyday right?
2. What is wrong with your stock ones again?
3. Are you gonna track them?

i will answer number 2 for you. You want them because you think they will look good on your car. That is the only reason and anything else you say is a lie, im sorry. But if you like them...GET EM! But when people say to you what they are saying now...dont cry and make excuses is all I ask. Did your stocks get stolen?

How about buying wheels that dont cost less that what is on the car to begin with.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM knowledge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM knowledge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i remember that story i "rofl" but not because he wrecked his ride.
1. So you are getting the Rotas to ride on everyday right?
2. What is wrong with your stock ones again?
3. Are you gonna track them?

i will answer number 2 for you. You want them because you think they will look good on your car. That is the only reason and anything else you say is a lie, im sorry. But if you like them...GET EM! But when people say to you what they are saying now...dont cry and make excuses is all I ask. Did your stocks get stolen?

How about buying wheels that dont cost less that what is on the car to begin with. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So if he does get a set of volks instead and they broke on him, then what, ohhh its just a fluke that they broke, but if a rota rim breaks it was destiny... hahaha
Old 12-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: (S@nt0s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S@nt0s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok im not here to bash on rotas in any way.. they do serve their purpose..

if there was not a NSX the S2000 would be the Flag ship car for Honda... thats like taking a really hot date all dressed up heels and all to McD's for $1 tuesday.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S@nt0s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">again i will say

Honda's flags..
1. NSX
2. S2000

NUFF SAID! </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats it.. im buying a NSX and buying ROTA D2's for it!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Re: (S@nt0s)

hahaha
Old 12-07-2006, 12:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupersonicBlueGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So if he does get a set of volks instead and they broke on him, then what, ohhh its just a fluke that they broke, but if a rota rim breaks it was destiny... hahaha </TD></TR></TABLE>the chosen one.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so was he the chosen one:

RacingHart C2 rim

or was it this one:

Buddy Club p1 SF

or was it this one:

5zigen pro n1

or this one:

Spoon
Old 12-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't think those last ones are spoons. they look like they ran into a curb or something.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:49 PM

very chosen lol.
Those bent though not shattered. I think his shattered.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the finish on the last ones dont look like spoon, most that i've seen have a very slight gray/green hint to them, unless they redid them.

dont put rotas in the S. if you have a hatchcrap then sure.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM knowledge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very chosen lol.
Those bent though not shattered. I think his shattered.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well im glad u guys have a sense of humor... all i was tryin to prove is that nothing is unbreakable to a certain extent. even the titanic sunk. if he was just gonna rock the rotas for street use than its all good since they look exactly like the volks, spoons, mugens, etc.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here s2k, with d2's.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jbell)

^^^^ lol are you looking for this thread ? https://honda-tech.com/zerothre...e=136

Quick Reply: Rotas