Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Parking lot dings

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking lot dings

Well, I'm pretty sure everyone has had their car dinged at one time or another. But has anyone been in their car while it happened? I was at Costco, this bitch left her cart to open her door when it comes rolling into my car. I freaked the **** out. The damage is minimal but the bitch denies it's her fault. I had to call the cops to keep her from driving off. The copper says it's a civil matter since she wasn't driving. So my question is, how do I kill her and get away with it? Just kidding, I already know. What gets me is she told me to "sue her." Seriously. I have her info but I'm not sure if it's worth my time. Has anyone been through small claims? I feel petty to sue for such a small loss, but it's the principle of the matter.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parking lot dings (mingus)

dude, just call her auto insurance carrier to see if they'll cover it. They may not because she wasn't in her car.......but you never know.

Otherwise, it's gonna cost you more in small claims court than it's worth. You could always take her on a TV court show!

It's arrogant people like that who always get what they want that are screwing the system up. They do something wrong it's not their fault....but god forbid you damage her car in the same manner, she'd stick it to you.

Find out what the damage is and then check into the cost to file a claim in small claims court.

Modified by chimmike at 2:56 PM 6/25/2008
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 AM

Give me her info, i'll kill her for you.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Parking lot dings (Firstoost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Firstoost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Give me her info, i'll kill her for you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

muahahahaaha

anyways this is what i'll do... first does she got your info?

if she does i'll just wait a couple of months and then completely shower her car with brake fluid at night, so that when she gets up in the morning her paint is all gone.

if she doesn't i'll just do it this weekend.
i think this is more satisfying than having her pay for the ding repair...
Old 06-25-2008, 11:02 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You got her info and a police report right? I mean itis destruction of property regardless but weather it's her fault or the stores is another story. Weather the cop wanted to write the report up is another thing as well. IT IS his job and he is required to write the report but he might give you a hard time.

Call your ins company and see what they say. They may be willing to take action/sue for you. Also, you can spend like 50$ and have a lawyer write something up and send it to her, threatening to sue. This will often times get you a quick settlement. I would would just go that route myself. Just having her go out of her way to consult an attorney would make me smile.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parking lot dings (joey1320)

I stand ready to vandalize any car parked next to me when I detect a dent or door ding that wasn't there before.

I'm serious.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Order of Merit

i saw a guy do it to my old rsx the day after i bought it... i called the cops, but the guy didnt have insurance on his pickup i just left it that way

now my s2k has one in the same spot, came with the car though
Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Parking lot dings (Chris.)

**** like this really pisses me off, people can't have nice things anymore without having some inconsiderate son-of-a-bitch tear there **** up, it really does **** me off, i am currently getting door dings removed as we speak, i got an ap2 bumper and had the guy go ahead and fix everything else on the car. but this is one of my biggest pet peevs.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Parking lot dings (Import_Fan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Import_Fan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I stand ready to vandalize any car parked next to me when I detect a dent or door ding that wasn't there before.

I'm serious.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol

Modified by joey1320 at 9:10 PM 6/25/2008
Old 06-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parking lot dings (White Smoke)

"Call your ins company and see what they say. They may be willing to take action/sue for you. Also, you can spend like 50$ and have a lawyer write something up and send it to her, threatening to sue. This will often times get you a quick settlement. I would would just go that route myself. Just having her go out of her way to consult an attorney would make me smile."

The cop didn't write a report. While she was babbling on telling her story, he looked at me and rolled his eyes knowing she was full of *****. Because it wasn't a collision between vehicles, he said it wasn't an accident and was a civil matter.
I probably won't use my own insurance, my deductible is five times the amount of damage. I've decided not to sue her. Courts give me gas and I have a business to run.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Firstoost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Give me her info, i'll kill her for you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the offer, but I don't want a trail leading back to me.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just tell your insurance company that your car was vandalized. Someone keyed and punched my car a while back and insurance covered it, without raising my premium.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Parking lot dings (ReddotsS2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReddotsS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just tell your insurance company that your car was vandalized. Someone keyed and punched my car a while back and insurance covered it, without raising my premium. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Grover, you working for Geico now? Damn, that gecko and his accent!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had a Jaguar XJS when i was back in the UK - it was my pride and joy - immaculate. I parked in the pub car park and watched some muppet slam in to the side of it as they were trying to squeeze in to the spot next to me. I stormed out of the pub, fists clenched (i'm not into hitting people over stuff like that, but my car is a close call) - i used to be a lot bigger than i am now (gym comes second or third these days) so the guy gets scared and locks himself in his car. I start pounding on the roof to open up and talk to me, and this dude starts crying. Just sits there in his car, locked in, sobbing. i had to call the police in the end from the pub cos he refused to get out
Old 06-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont get cart dings. I put pictures of me around my car. I'm so tough that carts are afraid to roll at me. So the pictures have a scarecrow effect.

In all seriousness, if she denied it was her fault and she told you to "sue her", I'd just throw the cart into her car REALLY REALLY hard. The cop would then be expected to give her just as hard of a time at filing a report against you.

Eye for an eye always works. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people that shop at Costco are ignorant. They leave their carts EVERYWHERE but the cart corral. It's worse at Costco than any other place, IMO.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Yeah IM from Jersey, big wup, wanna fight about, it, USA
Default Re: Parking lot dings (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

In all seriousness, if she denied it was her fault and she told you to "sue her", I'd just throw the cart into her car REALLY REALLY hard. The cop would then be expected to give her just as hard of a time at filing a report against you.

Eye for an eye always works. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people that shop at Costco are ignorant. They leave their carts EVERYWHERE but the cart corral. It's worse at Costco than any other place, IMO. </TD></TR></TABLE>

would have done the same thing... i might even have thrown the [freak]in cart on her car... then shrugged my shoulders and walked away... also, did u check with costco? they could have her on video... thats all the proof you need... take it to judge judy... shell own that stupid bitch...

also, in areas taht are packed with idiots like costco and the mall, ill park a half mile away just so no other car is by me...
Old 06-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just got a nice little dent in my drivers side door that i need to try and get pulled. no one else has can see it unless i point it out, but it sticks out like a sore thumb every time i glance at the door.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sux dude.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Black S2K)

have you thought.... cosco defenately has cameras all over the place! they have to have video of that broad letting her cart hit into you, and you can get ahold of the vid, it just may take a week or so...? my thoughts
Old 06-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yamaha6611)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yamaha6611 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you thought.... cosco defenately has cameras all over the place! they have to have video of that broad letting her cart hit into you, and you can get ahold of the vid, it just may take a week or so...? my thoughts </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2KILLA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
also, did u check with costco? they could have her on video... thats all the proof you need... take it to judge judy... shell own that stupid bitch...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, im glad you thought of that before i did... wow, good for you...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yamaha6611)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yamaha6611 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you thought.... cosco defenately has cameras all over the place! they have to have video of that broad letting her cart hit into you, and you can get ahold of the vid, it just may take a week or so...? my thoughts </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2KILLA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow, im glad you thought of that before i did... wow, good for you... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your suggestions suck anyways

When my **** got keyed at walmart they refused to let me see their cameras. All the rent-a-cops these days are pieces of ****. yes killa, this includes bouncers
Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ReddotsS2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReddotsS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Your suggestions suck anyways

When my **** got keyed at walmart they refused to let me see their cameras. All the rent-a-cops these days are pieces of ****. yes killa, this includes bouncers </TD></TR></TABLE>

3 words for you...

EAT MY *****!!!

hahaha im not an ******* to people though... plus we have 2 cops that stand at the front door with us in case anything goes down... its a more high class place to drink... u get a scumbag here and there but its mostly yuppies ready to spend $5 a beer and $10 a mixed drink
Old 06-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you win the claim in court, she has to pay the fees not you.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (envee)

Thanks for your replies guys! I will see if there is any footage from Costco. Looking back at what happened with a clear head, I know there are worse things that could have happened. Nobody was hurt or arrested. I'm just left with a dent and a personal vendetta. I see now where the law stands as far as damage due to negligence in parking lots and will act accordingly. As far as the bitch, she gets what's coming to her.
A big hug and puppydog kisses.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (envee)

Eye for an Eye FTMFW! That is all kthxbye
Old 06-26-2008, 03:10 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Under_Pressure)

how'd she look?

Quick Reply: Parking lot dings