Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Nopi canceled

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nopi canceled

For those of you who were planning on going to any of the future Nopi events, all of the upcoming ones have been cancelled. One of my friends called me the other day and told me. It's been cancelled for about a month now but they are just letting the news trickel down. Heres a post from another thread I found. Time to find something else to do that weekend since I've already requested off work.

July 16, 2008 It is with great regret that NOPI Motorsports, LLC has suspended operations for the summer and fall 2008. This will include NOPI Drag Racing Series, NOPI Drift Series and the NOPI NATIONALS Motorsports Supershow. The company is undergoing an organizational restructuring in light of severe adverse affects of a disappointing spring season. The economy and unfavorable weather resulted in underperformance of all spring events. Michael Meyers, president of NOPI Motorsports, reports that NOPI Motorsports is working with its clients and sponsors to minimize the uncertainty going forward. This is a reflection of the economic times in which we currently live. The countrywide economic and industry downturn has caused a slowdown and tightening of belts. This affects everyone and companies, at all levels, and NOPI Motorsports is no different.
We understand the position this puts everyone in and we hope you can find in your heart to work with us through this terrible time. All of you are our friends and we have felt for many years that we were all a big family.

NOPI Motorsports hates this more than anyone as the many years of hard work, tradition and an industry we helped to shape would come to this.

Please watch nopi.com for future announcements.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yay no more rice FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Black S2K)

yeah but some of the cars there are not so rice and the drifting is fun to watch. o well...maybe next year
Old 07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dono i never liked the nopi shows ill admit drifting is fun to watch but i can do without the bikini contest featuring the local ****** and ricers which make up about 95% of the crowed.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Black S2K)

the ****** are nice to look at but you have to treat them like the cars. You can look...just don't touch. STD free is the way to be.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nopi canceled (megalomaniac001)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by megalomaniac001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we hope you can find in your heart to work with us through this terrible time.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

did someone die??
Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nopi canceled (bigmacnfries)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigmacnfries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did someone die?? </TD></TR></TABLE>
yes her name was the Economy. Bush killed her, haha
Old 07-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by megalomaniac001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yes her name was the Economy. Bush killed her, haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

good come back - very good...
Old 07-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did enjoy going to the nationals in Atlanta...was more of a party weekend than anything.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:32 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by megalomaniac001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yes her name was the Economy. Bush killed her, haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

superb
Old 07-22-2008, 04:03 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (chimmike)

NOPI seems to be going out of business...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought that nopi bought nhra sport compact class...

Guess that just leaves boti
Old 07-22-2008, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Order of Merit

Default Re: (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOPI seems to be going out of business...</TD></TR></TABLE>

GOOD!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:57 AM

Really? It's good that they're going broke? Without Nopi, who made the tuner scene big in the US, you would still be on Japanese sites at 3am looking for a gauge cluster.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default FV-QR

good think they canceled nopi this year. One less year of them making import look bad
Old 07-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Where the wild things are in, NY, United States of America
Default Re: (ZBrewha863)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZBrewha863 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Really? It's good that they're going broke? Without Nopi, who made the tuner scene big in the US, you would still be on Japanese sites at 3am looking for a gauge cluster. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So what? They are also synonymous with the "Foam Party and Glowstick Waving Tuner Scene Brahhhhhski".

I'm sorry, maybe I'm an old fart, but I go to a race track to see MOTORSPORTS, not bikini contests, not rap concerts, not xbox promos to the point where i get nauseous. I'm sorry, that's the upside-down-visor and ridiculously-over-sized-shiny-pants techno-dancer ricer scene. I'm into the racing scene with a high prejudice for cars with an four cylinder in them. So for some of us, yes... it is a good thing.

And if you think that if Nopi didn't start being a huge import parts warehouse that no one would have... you're dead wrong. Someone would have seen the need for it and done it. So i say so long and happy trails to NOPI.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:11 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (ComeOnKip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ComeOnKip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So what? They are also synonymous with the "Foam Party and Glowstick Waving Tuner Scene Brahhhhhski".

I'm sorry, maybe I'm an old fart, but I go to a race track to see MOTORSPORTS, not bikini contests, not rap concerts, not xbox promos to the point where i get nauseous. I'm sorry, that's the upside-down-visor and ridiculously-over-sized-shiny-pants techno-dancer ricer scene. I'm into the racing scene with a high prejudice for cars with an four cylinder in them. So for some of us, yes... it is a good thing.

And if you think that if Nopi didn't start being a huge import parts warehouse that no one would have... you're dead wrong. Someone would have seen the need for it and done it. So i say so long and happy trails to NOPI.</TD></TR></TABLE>

QFT
Old 07-23-2008, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ComeOnKip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ComeOnKip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And if you think that if Nopi didn't start being a huge import parts warehouse that no one would have... you're dead wrong. Someone would have seen the need for it and done it. So i say so long and happy trails to NOPI.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Brother?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Only fun part of nopi was driving there with a big caravan and driving back.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Where the wild things are in, NY, United States of America
Default Re: (M3BimmerBilly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M3BimmerBilly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Brother? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahh that really sucks.. Its so much more than a rice fest yet there is alot of rice there is pleny of true car enthusiasts plus its a time to get together with people who share the same interests and just have a good time..
Old 07-23-2008, 05:57 PM
...still your worst nightmare squared

Default Re: Nopi canceled (ITR #1202)

even though there is alot of rice it would be a shame to see it completely gone. There wont be any where for people to go and hangout.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:02 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Default Re: Nopi canceled (JDM knowledge)

I agree, we need more events like this! The more track event's the better. We need to keep racing on the track and off the streets.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nopi canceled (White Smoke)

We need some tracks set up for some top speed runs and I think we can get a lot of racing off the streets
Old 07-24-2008, 07:34 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Default Re: Nopi canceled (HondaKyle)

Top speed runs? Like a large circle track? That's no fun...
I mean it would probably be fun to do once.

Quick Reply: Nopi canceled