Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

ISC Coilover Review

Old 12-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISC Coilover Review

Hey Guys, I recently installed some ISC Coilovers on my AP2 and figured I would do a quick review since there is not a lot of feedback on these particular coilovers in the S2000 scene. I am not affiliated with ISC Suspension, but I will try to provide answers for whatever questions you might have. PICS are after all the text!

Coilover Brand: ISC Suspension (http://iscsuspension-na.com/)
Type of coilover: (N1) 32 way adjustable with mono tube design and separate ride height/preload adjustments.
Top hats: Front : Pillow Ball Rear: Aluminum top hat without pillowball
Spring Rates: Front: 12K Rear 10K ( This is the standard setup, but you can choose whatever you want for no extra charge)
Part Number: H020B
MSRP: $1250
Warranty: 5 year limited ( service done in USA )

First Impression:

When I first received the coilovers, I was happy to see they were packed well and were not damaged during shipping. They came fully assembled and came with some spanner wrenches, damping adjustment *****, and a letter from ISC stating their 5 year no hassle warranty ( a big plus in my book). The coilovers looked to be good quality and everything I expected after seeing pictures online.

Installation:

Installation was very easy. I had no problem with fitment or anything like that. They provide brackets for the front brake hoses, so that was a nice feature since most other coilovers make you use zip ties. You will need to get your own nuts for the lower shock mount bolts since those are not included. I had extras laying around, so no big deal there. I lowered the car about 1" since I still needed some ride height for the winter, but these can go very low. You can see the one picture below with the front tire tucking, and I can get it to go about 2" lower than that if I wanted to.

Handling/Driving Impression

As stated before, I only lowered the car about 1" for now since the care is in "winter mode". The car handles much better than the stock suspension setup. I had the damping set up about 10 clicks from the hardest setting in the front and the rear. The softest setting feels even more comfortable than the stock suspension and is good if you have a ton of rough roads. I noticed a lot less oversteer and the car seems a lot more predictable and precise. I did not experience any strange noises or bottoming out during my test drives. Overall, it has been a night and day difference with the new ISC coilovers and I am very happy with the results. I have had a bunch of high end coilovers in the past with other vehicles, and these are very comparable in quality and performance.

Final Notes:

I will be lowering the car another inch or two once spring comes, so I will keep you all updated with any changes to the review. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Name:  hHnqFy0.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  665.1 KB
Name:  vKUs9li.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  703.7 KB
Name:  JXczrpR.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  735.2 KB
Name:  2BCRvki.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  762.7 KB
Name:  m6NXkjh.jpg
Size:  737.9 KB
Name:  DVfTgz0.jpg
Size:  664.6 KB
Name:  gZM14he.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  687.2 KB
Name:  tlVPph9.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  751.7 KB
Name:  d3Dva5e.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  881.6 KB
Name:  ta7dHl9.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  705.4 KB
Name:  0f1OttF.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  699.0 KB
Old 12-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ISC Coilover Review

nice write up...I highly suggest you play around with the alignment if you have the means too...im a technician so I have access to an alignment rack whenever and I can tell you after I installed my coilovers I probably spent a good 4-5 hours on the alignment machine fine tuning the alignment because the specs change so drastically when you lower this vehicle
Old 12-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Boots
nice write up...I highly suggest you play around with the alignment if you have the means too...im a technician so I have access to an alignment rack whenever and I can tell you after I installed my coilovers I probably spent a good 4-5 hours on the alignment machine fine tuning the alignment because the specs change so drastically when you lower this vehicle
I still have to get it aligned, but I plan to get adjustable ball joints for the front if needed
Old 12-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you wont need them...you can get plenty of camber/caster adjustment on the factory compliance bolt/bushings
Old 12-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Boots
you wont need them...you can get plenty of camber/caster adjustment on the factory compliance bolt/bushings
Thanks!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16-CRX
Thanks!

no problem...im actually running -2.5 degrees of camber in the front and -3.0 degrees in the rear all on the factory adjustment hardware
Old 02-19-2014, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, you weren't kidding you do have quite a bit of adjustment there. i'll be looking for a good alignment shop here when my coilovers show up. not too thrilled with the choices around home.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Spring is finally here, yay, have you lowered it further yet? I am interested in these and I would like to hear your updated opinion.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How low can you go before I have to get some:
Rear drive-shaft spacer, Bump Steer, roll center adjuster.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zpeed
How low can you go before I have to get some:
Rear drive-shaft spacer, Bump Steer, roll center adjuster.
you wont need a roll center adjuster and ive never heard of anyone putting a spacer on the drive shaft...if you mean axle spacers, then I would highly suggest you get them whenever the vehicle is lowered to any height...it keeps vibrations away and keeps the axles at an acceptable angle in regards to the differential and rear hubs...as far as bump steer kits go, im running only the rear which replaces the factory, non-adjustable toe bars...I saw a pretty good difference when I installed those, plus they give you the added bonus of being able to adjust toe with them instead of using the eccentrics to adjust toe...if you track the car or auto x, its nice to have that fine tune adjustability
Old 04-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my understanding of the axle spacers is that it just moves the wear point, so it's almost worth waiting for the vibrations and then add the spacers. 2 different wear points might just last twice as long.
I'm lowered and after 6 years still have no vibration. No spacers.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigmacnfries
my understanding of the axle spacers is that it just moves the wear point, so it's almost worth waiting for the vibrations and then add the spacers. 2 different wear points might just last twice as long.
I'm lowered and after 6 years still have no vibration. No spacers.
that's one of the reasons to run them...another is to keep the angle of the axles, relative to the differential and hubs, at an angle that's not as severe as running without the spacers...it just provides extra life to all the parts associated with the rear differential and axles
Old 05-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a small update with a new picture. It's on 18x9.5+40 enkei nt03's now too. It can go lower but I still want it to be drive-able with these horrible roads. As far as the ride quality, these are great coilovers. I went from a stiffer setting to a softer setting because of the bumpy roads and it handles way better than stock, even though it's about 2" lower than stock right now.
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Ridiculously awesome looking. Love the wheels
Old 05-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JuggerNaut-CTR
^Ridiculously awesome looking. Love the wheels