Honda S2000 Honda S2000

I really need help! Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (H.A.R.T B18C1EG6)

dude you starved the engine on its lubricant, then you add oil and try to spin over 6500rpm's??? why would you do that

have your friend take it apart and look for damaged rods and bearings.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (joey1320)

^seriously... why would you even try to floor it untuned??

you are very confusing... you say its knocking. then you say its ticking.

of course it has nothing to do with your turbo. im pretty sure you damaged the motor from oil starvation.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he didn't tune it cuz the turbo wasn't hooked up... so it was just the stock motor with a turbo on a manifold... the untune didn't do it, it was the NO OIL condition.

rebuild it or get a new motor
Old 07-16-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha it only took a whole page for someone to realize what this guy said :lol:

You're motor is probably toast from having no oil as some people have stated.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Firstoost)

don't know what the problem is

but bump for a fellow badger
Old 07-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joey1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude you starved the engine on its lubricant, then you add oil and try to spin over 6500rpm's??? why would you do that

have your friend take it apart and look for damaged rods and bearings.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't matter if i spun it over 6,500 rpms, the damage has been done and it looks like i will need to rebuild it... which is good because i can get way more boost with a new setup but bad because of the money i will have to spend and really don't have

Old 07-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joey1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he didn't tune it cuz the turbo wasn't hooked up... so it was just the stock motor with a turbo on a manifold... the untune didn't do it, it was the NO OIL condition.

rebuild it or get a new motor </TD></TR></TABLE>

YES thank you.
Enough with the turbo everyone knows it has nothing to do with this but SOMEONE keep insisting on mentioning it. I could have left it out of the picture completely but then people would wonder why the hell i have a oil filter relocation kit on my car.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Yeah IM from Jersey, big wup, wanna fight about, it, USA
Default Re: (MADBADGER)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MADBADGER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

YES thank you.
Enough with the turbo everyone knows it has nothing to do with this but SOMEONE keep insisting on mentioning it. I could have left it out of the picture completely but then people would wonder why the hell i have a oil filter relocation kit on my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

cuz u were looking for those mad tyte jdm points at the next car show... haha jk... good luck with the rebuild...
Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (S2KILLA)

We are all mentioning the turbo because you have probably ruined that too. You are overspooling the poor thing.

You said you sat at idle, but in your first post you said the oil line blew off while "driving". So what is the true story here? I hope the turbo wasn't anything expensive because that is probably jacked now too.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (MADBADGER)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MADBADGER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the damage has been done and it looks like i will need to rebuild it...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

finally you realized?? jeez it took you that long to figure it out.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H.A.R.T B18C1EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

finally you realized?? jeez it took you that long to figure it out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H.A.R.T B18C1EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

finally you realized?? jeez it took you that long to figure it out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The noise really sounded like it was coming from the top end, and my old Timig chain guide WAS broken so...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is y i stay n/a
Old 07-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Black S2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black S2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is y i stay n/a</TD></TR></TABLE>

because you'll do something stupid and toast the motor and likely turbo too?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chimmike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chimmike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

because you'll do something stupid and toast the motor and likely turbo too?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know about the stupid part, but if something unforeseen did happen, then its def gonna be a costly repair... and yes i know you gotta pay to play...
Old 07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (S2KILLA)

You know, there is a oil light that says "Hey, you're out of oil, you need to stop". I'll take it you didnt see it in time? I mean, it is one of the red ones that isnt just a "stupid warning" and really does mean to kill the engine NOW and coast to a stop.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:22 AM

Default Re: (95 integra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95 integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know, there is a oil light that says "Hey, you're out of oil, you need to stop". I'll take it you didnt see it in time? I mean, it is one of the red ones that isnt just a "stupid warning" and really does mean to kill the engine NOW and coast to a stop. </TD></TR></TABLE>
theres a difference between and oil leak and a pressurized hose coming off. If you dont notice for even a short while after a hose blows you'll be hearing the problem before you notice the light. It doesnt take long to pump an engine dry with and oil pump.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (marks_lude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marks_lude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
theres a difference between and oil leak and a pressurized hose coming off. If you dont notice for even a short while after a hose blows you'll be hearing the problem before you notice the light. It doesnt take long to pump an engine dry with and oil pump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've done both and you notice the light extremely fast....it doesnt matter if its a slow leak that has taken 3 months before the light comes on or it you changed the filter and double gasketed it....the light comes on, you kill the engine. I mean, either way you have NO oil by the time the light comes on (unless you own a lexus which they put a warning light in which tells you if you are a quart or more low). Again, its not like if its a "leak" that the light comes on and you still have 30 seconds of oil....if the light is on you have zero oil pressure and about 5 seconds to kill the engine.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95 integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know, there is a oil light that says "Hey, you're out of oil, you need to stop". I'll take it you didnt see it in time? I mean, it is one of the red ones that isnt just a "stupid warning" and really does mean to kill the engine NOW and coast to a stop. </TD></TR></TABLE>

do you have a s2k?
only asking because when my engine was 3qts. low on oil the light never came on.

i bought the car from a honda dealer used with 67k on it. did all of the fluids 2 days later and decided to use full sinthetic, with a recomended interval on 7500 miles. So i drove the car and not even 3k later i was low 3 full quarts. so i did a compression test and sure enough number 2 was at 130psi....

needless to say my light NEVER came on to warn me and i didn't know how much oil this engines burned... so i took it back to the honda dealer and got brand spankin' new engine under the extended warranty.... $8,788.32 total price...
Old 07-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joey1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you have a s2k?
only asking because when my engine was 3qts. low on oil the light never came on.

i bought the car from a honda dealer used with 67k on it. did all of the fluids 2 days later and decided to use full sinthetic, with a recomended interval on 7500 miles. So i drove the car and not even 3k later i was low 3 full quarts. so i did a compression test and sure enough number 2 was at 130psi....

needless to say my light NEVER came on to warn me and i didn't know how much oil this engines burned... so i took it back to the honda dealer and got brand spankin' new engine under the extended warranty.... $8,788.32 total price... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I do own a s2k...and what I said is if your oil light comes on, you have NO oil....at all. NONE. ZIP. ZERO. That happens to be the case here, the guy blew off a huge hose that would have drain ALL the oil from the engine in a matter of seconds and the little light would have come on.

On top of that, running 3qts low wouldnt cause low compression in 1 cylinder. Theres a reason honda only makes the light come on if you have no pressure. As long as the pickup is submerged and you have pressure, the internals are getting lubricated which is what really matter. It makes little difference if there is 1 qt or 4 qts in the oil pan (yes, oil temps and oil life will vary, but overall its not causing huge major issues).

You most likely had low compression before your low oil issue and just caught it afterwards because you checked it at that point. You most likely burned the oil through that cylinder due to the rings not sealing properly (after all, where did those 3 qts of missing oil go?). I know, I know....out the cylinder that wasnt sealing worth a crap. Even if the oil broke down and/or over heated it wouldnt cause low compression....it would get the bearings long before that point. Like I said, most likely the oil loss was due to the rings to begin with.

If you'd like to disagree, feel free, but I have owned, built and destroyed my fair share of engines....thus, I have a real good idea about what I am talking of (yes, you do learn from experience).
Old 07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95 integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

On top of that, running 3qts low wouldnt cause low compression in 1 cylinder. Theres a reason honda only makes the light come on if you have no pressure. As long as the pickup is submerged and you have pressure, the internals are getting lubricated which is what really matter. It makes little difference if there is 1 qt or 4 qts in the oil pan (yes, oil temps and oil life will vary, but overall its not causing huge major issues).

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow you are a moron.. no wonder you keep destroying engines...
why do you think theres a specific amount of oil capacity per engine?

do you actually believe that statement or were yo just being funny???
come on man, there are very small tolerances within the engine components which all need to get lubricated and cool down by the oil flowing thru them...

so if you have only 1.2 qts. of oil in your engine(the 5.2qt. capacity minus the 4qts. you mentioned on a F20c), how is that one quart gonna have the volume to lubricate all of those metal parts??

you just made it to my signature buddy boy

Old 07-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

please read and learn wtf engine oil does...
http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

Old 07-17-2008, 03:28 PM
* B A N N E D *

dun dun dun DA DUN
Old 07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GRAF-FITI)

lol good job joey
Old 07-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you for your comment 95 Integra

Though i can regretfully say i could have done without this smirky comment.

My S no longer has the stock oil pressure sensor. I have a guage... and YES the guage did tell me i was out of oil, if only i had looked at it instead of the road i'd have known sooner.

Quick Reply: I really need help! Please Read