Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

How many were modified and now completely bone stock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many were modified and now completely bone stock?

My reasons for going stock:

-Upcoming Ref Inspection + $440 ticket.
-Getting fucked over by friends on parts
-Getting fucked over by a shop, currently in credit card dispute.
-Car getting messed with by haters
-Fixed up car = bad daily driver (cant afford beater)
-Just overall gets too much attn
-LA streets = Bad for lowered car. Very, VERY bad
-Anything I do to my car has been done. Only way I could really make it unique is to do paint or a certain widebody I like..... BUT its an 05. I cant do that to the exterior and rear quarters while I still owe so much on it!

Anyways my car wasnt anything close to heavily modded..... But I went stock a few days ago and wow....... I dont worry about dips, small potholes, driveways and stock suspension is AWESOME!

At this point I dont know if Im going back to modding or if Im going to purchase a new car (wouldnt know what though cause the S is perfection to me).. but at this moment, Im enjoying it.

Anyone else go back to stock and love it? Hate it? Went back to modding? Sold and got what?

Another plus - Besides a set of wheels, seat and couple small things....... My house isnt cluttered with parts anymore! Wowza! My apt feels so much bigger now!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many were modified and now completely bone stock? (Suri Cruise)

Hmmmm.

I was heavily modded with my spa yellow ap1, and I went back to stock for the sole purpose of selling the car for an evo mr. instead i bought a berlina ap2 and started over.

Im slightly moded now, selling parts left and right so i can buy new parts and keep my intrest in the car.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:53 PM
AP1
Honda-Tech Member

I've always enjoyed the comforts of the stock S. To be honest, I never felt like actually "modding" the car - the car seemed to do everything so well, it was hard to really pinpoint an area of weakness that needed major attention. The car in itself is a challenge to handle and reach its limits in stock form, so it didn't seem reasonable at all to mod it.

With that said, I'll leave you with these words: I love my S for what she is, not for what she can be. =]
Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AP1)

I recently ditched my single exhaust to go back to stock because I had decided that I was tired of listening to it. The car felt so boring afterward that I ordered an HKS Hi-Power dual the next day.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (camera obscura)

i bought the S brand new saying i wasn't going to mod it.... a month later, i had mods on it....

i don't think i could ever get a car and not mod it.. at least slightly...
Old 09-13-2006, 04:33 AM
...still your worst nightmare squared

Default Re: (papa5murf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by papa5murf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought the S brand new saying i wasn't going to mod it.... a month later, i had mods on it....

i don't think i could ever get a car and not mod it.. at least slightly...</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. I always knew i was gonna mod mine. How the hell did beb get 101% and is not 13 years old lol.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think im leaving mine stock for awhile, I think some ****** ******* poked a hole in my tire, I wouldnt want anymore attention.... my back right tire is at 3psi, should be at 32... and then I filled it up to 32, next day it was at 3 again... Im just curious because I saw some idiots out by the parking lot.... and the damn receptionist at the counter was taking like an hour to fill one prescription... pisses me off... do you think the tires are under warrenty???? I just bought the car brand new recently...
Old 09-13-2006, 08:06 AM

Default Re: (AP1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AP1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've always enjoyed the comforts of the stock S. To be honest, I never felt like actually "modding" the car - the car seemed to do everything so well, it was hard to really pinpoint an area of weakness that needed major attention. The car in itself is a challenge to handle and reach its limits in stock form, so it didn't seem reasonable at all to mod it.

With that said, I'll leave you with these words: I love my S for what she is, not for what she can be. =]</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, although I have modded a few minor things:
Sound System
X brace
Strut Bar
Front Sway Bar
Smoked Corners
Clear sides
Grille inserts
Voodoo shift ****
Full Muz Mats
Old 09-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM knowledge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM knowledge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How the hell did beb get 101% and is not 13 years old lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im boning a mod of course!

Haha jk. Cause I actually used to post worthwhile stuff...... not like the usual attn ***** crap I bust now.

Kidding! I dont know, actually. I did go down to 99% a little while back when I posted a VS. thread when I wasnt supposed to. =X
Old 09-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: (Suri Cruise)

i enjoy my stock 02.

stock suspension is nice.

i could be tempted into a subframe brace, and an 04 rear swaybar (softer).

im getting tan interior next week tho!

and whenever dan ever wants to sell his berlina mugen ht.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tyson)

I like my stock s2k. I also work in downtown l.a. and there is no way I could drive my car everyday on bigger rims and lowered suspension. I used to do a see-saw/hydro action when going up steep *** sidewalk entries. That lasted a whole week then went back to stock (was on the tein prototype flex's)...I still remember the first time I did the hydro move the parking attendant asked me if I had hydro's in my car...

The only other things I have done to my car are a k&n drop in filter, mp3 alpine deck and some boston acoustic components, pager alarm/remote start, carbing front tower bar, and carbing cooling panel (aluminum). Everything was either free or a gift. This is the first car I've owned that I haven't modded...It also happens to be the car that I've kept the longest...I wonder if it's a coincidence
Old 09-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dkim48)

I was planning on going all out on my s like my integra, but I lost interest modding cars when i switched over,

plans for the car now, oem hardtop & ap2 rims,

just the fact hardtop and ap2 will have some value later, (shrugs)
Old 09-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SilverDc2)

i was bone stock for a long time but i decided not to cuz i got a be ater a 86 sr5 as my beater so my S could jus stay at home and come out at night ! hahaha
Old 09-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Jdmsoles)

2 years and counting with my S and it is still stock (minus a CF cooling plate; which I installed more for bling factor )

I'd like to put an exhaust on it for a throaty tone...like the Comptech...but a bunch of pipes and shiny mufflers aren't worth the cash to me to buy one.

The best mod I've bought for any car I've had, the S2000 included, is track time.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (SuzukaBlueAP2)

The first reason i want the buy the S is to get rid of the modified accord(which it's completely stock now except the rims(accord))

The S is an amazing car, even in all stock form it's scream pure function and speed.

there's lots and lots of detail in the car you simply can't get in this price range.

I am pretty stock/stockish(spoon intake/snorkel, muz h brace, rims/tires, *****, sound system, leather console, catch can, strut bar, k&N filter, oem front lip, side strake and spoiler, etc)