Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (Mr. Projekt)

oh well 9's it is!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (shamoo)

papa you from manila?????? nasa pinas kaba ryt now????? do we have it available here sa phils sa market.. coz i havent seen one.. planin on buyin 1 set of rota rims also .. il be using it for long drives!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:20 AM
...still your worst nightmare squared

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shamoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^ HRE!! Instead of spending $2700 for four Work wheels, I can get a single HRE wheel. </TD></TR></TABLE>haha for real.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok

in my honest opinion they look like **** and are cheaply made
i have seen more rotas brake in half then i care to remeber
its just a cheap knock off of a truly great 3 piece wheel

if your short on $$$, why not get a great set of REAL used wheels or maybe some NA2 NSX wheels

but to each his own...

enjoi
Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (pinoyk20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pinoyk20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">papa you from manila?????? nasa pinas kaba ryt now????? do we have it available here sa phils sa market.. coz i havent seen one.. planin on buyin 1 set of rota rims also .. il be using it for long drives!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unfortunately I only work there. I am there usually for long periods of time (3+ months). I am currently in NJ at my work's headquarters, where I live.

When I was there, it was basically the motherland of Rotas. They were soooo cheap! Unfortunately, I didn't have a car then. Now I do. Sorry, I don't speak Tagalog, I'm Chinese-American. Although I can look Filipino with my tan.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

someone is selling 17x9 +45 i think all around RPF1 on s2ki right now. scoop em up. cheaper than the rotas you want. Instead of being bashed you will be respected. =]
Old 06-20-2007, 02:51 PM

I wouldn't put rotas on my car unless I was using them to look 'stylish' during a snow with salt covered roads.
If you refuse to spend the money on quality wheels then pick up a set of ap2 wheels, nsx wheels, or just wait for a good deal on a used set to come up.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly, rota disgust me and I will never buy a set. Our stock rims are far better and is made by Enkei.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (pinoyk20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pinoyk20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">papa you from manila?????? nasa pinas kaba ryt now????? do we have it available here sa phils sa market.. coz i havent seen one.. planin on buyin 1 set of rota rims also .. il be using it for long drives!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hit up Alanranch @ HCP. He has some D2s in 18x8 and 18x9 ready for shipment to England. He might still be able to pull out a set for you.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just buy the Rotas if thats what you can afford, they look ok. Not like you're putting these wheels on a Ferrari.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: (Carlo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Carlo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Not like you're putting these wheels on a Ferrari</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen......... I couldn't care less 'bout what people think of what wheels i got on ! My opinion: if they fit, you like the way they look, and you can save some big bucks.....BUY THEM. And for all of you who like to bash on people b'cuz they're buying ROTAS, Get a life and don't worry 'bout someone else's !! They're not on your expletive ride, Right... SO PLEASE, Back off. ................And if you don't got anything nice to say, try not to say nuthin' @ all.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:04 PM

this is just a thought but if there are 3 different companies that make the same style wheel.. wouldnt that mean that 1 (either ssr or works, which ever was made first) would be the original and the other 2 be knock offs ... one of which is priced extremely high.

i say if they look good it shouldnt matter
$800 or $2700 for the same look... not a hard choice if you ask me
Old 06-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (d98clturbo)

get them if you want. it's a fkn car...
Old 06-20-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (d98clturbo)

Hey man you asked for peoples opinion, dont get offended when people are telling you that your buying a crappy wheel. I agree that you are buying something that has the look of what you want but what its lacking is the quality.

d98, the difference isn't who makes them its how they are made. a forged wheel is entirely different then a crumby cast wheel.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (Dark-s2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dark-s2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey man you asked for peoples opinion, dont get offended when people are telling you that your buying a crappy wheel. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not offended at all. In fact, I welcome your suggestions and criticism. That's why I posted this question.

I'm well aware that in the end, it's my choice. However, I want to know what people think...NOT of Rotas in general, but this specific wheel. There aren't too many wheel choices that fit the S2000 with the correct offset.

Thanks, and please continue.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shamoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not offended at all. In fact, I welcome your suggestions and criticism. That's why I posted this question.

I'm well aware that in the end, it's my choice. However, I want to know what people think...NOT of Rotas in general, but this specific wheel. There aren't too many wheel choices that fit the S2000 with the correct offset. that aren't overpriced and a waste of money

Thanks, and please continue. </TD></TR></TABLE>

fixed it for you.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (MADEinJAPAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MADEinJAPAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ok

in my honest opinion they look like **** and are cheaply made
i have seen more rotas brake in half then i care to remeber
its just a cheap knock off of a truly great 3 piece wheel

if your short on $$$, why not get a great set of REAL used wheels or maybe some NA2 NSX wheels

but to each his own...

enjoi </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree. i don't like the fact that they have to imitate other companies in order to make a product. and i wouldn't risk having rota's break on me during a hard track session. But i can't stop you, its all your choice. Do what you feel is right.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:35 PM

You'll have to excuse me shamoo, I wasn't paying attention to who posted the thread I was responding to. My reply was directed toward DarkManX85, he did not start this thread so my new response would be for him to just STFU.

Sorry about that. The overall design of the wheel looks good bro.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels (Dark-s2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dark-s2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> My reply was directed toward DarkManX85, he did not start this thread so my new response would be for him to just STFU.
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yo man.... I apologize if i'm pissing you off... I was jsut expressin' my opinion,

I say "Get Them" They look decent, they're not expensive, and if somthing happens to them... you won't have to spend big bux just to buy a new wheel(s)

Don't try to deny it Something will happen to your wheels, Rota or not, It's inevitable. Wether its curbing, thef, crack Etc... Something will happen. so make the right choice thats more suitable for you.....
Old 06-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who copied who, ssr or works
Old 06-21-2007, 06:48 PM

^ Good question.. IDK!

So the Rota's? I really don't know! It all depends on the quality of the wheel to ME. Forged, soft cast, single piece, 2 piece, 3 piece?

It just all depends. I would go for the REAL BBS LM's since they're a forged wheel, instead of ALT Tangents that look really close to LM's!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:08 PM

the rotas are a low vacuum cast.

last I heard bbs is no longer manufacturing the LM wheel, sad but true.

DarkManX85, your post didn't **** me off it just sounded like something a young teenager would say. Not sure if you have experienced it yet or not but when you are around a group of adults discussing a topic you see that everyone has an opinion on others decisions.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:37 PM

SHAMOO, My personal opinion would be..........

Dont even bother askin, you know all your gonna get are two different opinions that will probably not even help you make a decision. Do some research. And maybe, try talkin' to some people who actually own the wheels you are inquiring about, and make your own decision, <U>Don't let others make it for you</U>.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is Rotas manufacturing process for those who wants to know.

Modified by pogidawgie at 5:21 AM 6/22/2007
Old 06-22-2007, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Their going to be heavy and your going to see alot of s2000's with that style rims. Get something original.

Quick Reply: Honest opinion on Rota D2 wheels