Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Exhaust Setup

Old 07-20-2008, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Setup

I just traded in my 06 Civic Si with a DC Header and a Greddy Evo2 Exhaust for an 05 S2K

I am looking to get the S2K to sound as close as possible to my Si (I LOVED that sound)

Anyone know what setup would make an AP2 sound like this..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jp4C8gyCE5g

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Esh...lated

Also, are the more expensive headers for the SK2 (Toda, Spoon) worth the money as opposed to the BuddyClub or DC Sport?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Exhaust Setup (S2000 FTW)

you do not need a header for the s2000...it is superbly designed from the factory, and not a necessary mod

i would suggest that you start by getting an aftermarket intake ( i;ve had aem short ram, aem v2, and now the competch which is my favorite) and a testpipe

this should give you a nice sound....in the event you decide to purchase an exhaust, hks is excellent. but then you need to decide if you want a single or a dual exit, how much you want to spend, and different sound output

i would say this is the order you should begin modding your car.

1. learn how to drive it and its quirks
2. suspension
3. intake
4. testpipe
5. exhaust

#1 is key, do what you feel in any order after that...but there's no sense in modding your car then one day spinning out and smacking a tree because you didn't learn to appreciate the car in the first place
Old 07-20-2008, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (GRAF-FITI)

i would like to hold off on an intake for a while
i want the engine bay to look basically stock

i had a Injen CAI on my Si and ran into all kinds of issues with water and puddles

but thanks for the info

i just figured a header would give me the biggest gains since it helped my Si the most out of all the modifications i did.

but i am quickly learning that the S2000 and the Si are two very different cars
Old 07-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you're still keen on the header - the j's is about the best out there, but ain't cheap.
Reputed to give a max of 8hp.
My current set up is J's header, J's test pipe and HKS cat back, and i couldn't be happier. There are 'better' exhausts out there in terms of weight and hp gains, but the HKS gave me what i wanted - the right sound.
also, the biggest 'gain' you can really get on an S2000 with an exhaust mod is to get a single lightweight exhaust to save a heap of weight and gain a few horses.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what your saying is u want ur S to sound like a civic? Hahahahaha ur too funny now GTFO plz thanx.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Black S2K)

i would choose performance over noise ... see which system gives results
Old 07-20-2008, 04:23 PM

Default Re: (acura1652)

i'm running T1R test pipe and mugen ap2 exhaust, definitely sounds great, but i guess you gotta pay to play
Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 AM

I have the AEM V2 intake and the rest is stock and my car sounds really similer to the video.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (Wrigley)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wrigley &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the AEM V2 intake and the rest is stock and my car sounds really similer to the video. </TD></TR></TABLE>

X2.... I would have to agree. Gotta love the Intake growl.. Sounds good IMO.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (Agent Zero)

The s2000 sounds best to me with an HKS catback exhaust + any test pipe brand + Header (optional, any brand).

It's not the most power but the exhaust tone is musical...
Old 07-27-2008, 01:02 PM

hey i 2 moved from an 8th gen si to an s2k. i had the greddy ti-c on my civic and my buddy put the skunk 2 70mm on his and after seeing how much faster his was when we had the same set up just diff exhaust it was a no brainer 2 get the skunk 2 the S. anyone have the skunk 2 exhuast with a test pipe? the one on the Si is loud as hell i'm thinking it won't be as loud on the S due 2 the fact its got 2 mufflers instead of one but who knows. i also want 2 avoid that raspy sound most cars get when u remove the cat. any advice?

sorry 2 steal the thread just figured same subject.

and as far as why you would want the S to sound like a civic.... well my Si sounded sick with the Ti-C and the high flow cat.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just get a single 70mm straight pipe from the header back.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:11 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (fatality122887)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fatality122887 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey i 2 moved from an 8th gen si to an s2k. i had the greddy ti-c on my civic and my buddy put the skunk 2 70mm on his and after seeing how much faster his was when we had the same set up just diff exhaust it was a no brainer 2 get the skunk 2 the S. anyone have the skunk 2 exhuast with a test pipe? the one on the Si is loud as hell i'm thinking it won't be as loud on the S due 2 the fact its got 2 mufflers instead of one but who knows. i also want 2 avoid that raspy sound most cars get when u remove the cat. any advice?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

again
Old 07-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im thinking his friend was a better driver....
Old 07-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

look on s2ki for a used high dollar header. they are all over for the same or less than a new buddyclub or dc. i believe they make the evo for the s2. the hks is also quiet but screams at high rpms with a test pipe. nice to have you on board and im not going to say GTFO because you asked a question
Old 07-28-2008, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (fatality122887)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fatality122887 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey i 2 moved from an 8th gen si to an s2k. i had the greddy ti-c on my civic and my buddy put the skunk 2 70mm on his and after seeing how much faster his was when we had the same set up just diff exhaust it was a no brainer 2 get the skunk 2 the S. anyone have the skunk 2 exhuast with a test pipe? the one on the Si is loud as hell i'm thinking it won't be as loud on the S due 2 the fact its got 2 mufflers instead of one but who knows. i also want 2 avoid that raspy sound most cars get when u remove the cat. any advice?

sorry 2 steal the thread just figured same subject.

and as far as why you would want the S to sound like a civic.... well my Si sounded sick with the Ti-C and the high flow cat. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, dear god....

there is no saving this forum, is there
Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (HondaKyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaKyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just get a single 70mm straight pipe from the header back. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I second that. Like a ghetto rigged version of the J's racing 70r lol.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (Techno Tonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Techno Tonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh, dear god....

there is no saving this forum, is there </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sadly.........Were doomed.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2000 FTW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just traded in my 06 Civic Si with a DC Header and a Greddy Evo2 Exhaust for an 05 S2K

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see the background notes. You definetly know how to tune a car.

For a true tuner like yourself, this is the only option. Everything else is Ebay tuning specials.

http://twincamtech.stores.yahoo.net/noname8.html
Old 07-28-2008, 02:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRAF-FITI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you do not need a header for the s2000...it is superbly designed from the factory, and not a necessary mod

i would suggest that you start by getting an aftermarket intake ( i;ve had aem short ram, aem v2, and now the competch which is my favorite) and a testpipe

this should give you a nice sound....in the event you decide to purchase an exhaust, hks is excellent. but then you need to decide if you want a single or a dual exit, how much you want to spend, and different sound output

i would say this is the order you should begin modding your car.

1. learn how to drive it and its quirks
2. suspension
3. intake
4. testpipe
5. exhaust

#1 is key, do what you feel in any order after that...but there's no sense in modding your car then one day spinning out and smacking a tree because you didn't learn to appreciate the car in the first place</TD></TR></TABLE>

HKS is retarded-loud w/ lots of drone. It will sound nothing like those Civic clips the OP posted. Also, don't put a testpipe on the S2K's OEM exhaust - it will sound like poop.
--------------

Berk Technology makes a pretty damn good header for the s2.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:39 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (Seattle2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Seattle2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HKS is retarded-loud w/ lots of drone. It will sound nothing like those Civic clips the OP posted. Also, don't put a testpipe on the S2K's OEM exhaust - it will sound like poop.
--------------

Berk Technology makes a pretty damn good header for the s2.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ahhh that is your opinion, to which you are entitled

by i have the same right, so i will say you sir are wrong

Old 07-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Seattle2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

--------------

the hks is probably the most quiet exhaust made for the s2k. test pipes on oem exhausts hardly make any sound difference at all. dont know where you got your info from.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

--------------

wow - i'm not sure if you could be any more wrong.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (M3BimmerBilly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M3BimmerBilly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

For a true tuner like yourself, this is the only option. Everything else is Ebay tuning specials.

http://twincamtech.stores.yahoo.net/noname8.html </TD></TR></TABLE>

ahhhh, bimmer - you never fail...
Old 07-28-2008, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Exhaust Setup (bigmacnfries)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M3BimmerBilly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

http://twincamtech.stores.yahoo.net/noname8.html </TD></TR></TABLE>

anyone ever notice how the people who make that exhaust suck at welding titanium?
thats like all they do where i work is weld titanium. the nasty blue stuff around the welds is bad. its oxidation of the metal. wooo yahhh go japanese tuners and their hardcore craftsmanship and beautiful hand welding skills!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust Setup