Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Best goods to S2000..

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best goods to S2000..

What is the "best" aftermarket goods to S2000?

Exhaust?
Cai?
Header?
NICE 17"-18" wheels..

Do you feel the diffrenses or ar you run dyno's and see the diffrenses?

Springs, How much you lowerin usually your S2000?

I'm thinking to buy, Magnaflow exhaust, Toda's header, some CAI?
Could this ones be good?
I'm reading at I could get toda's header some extra +15Nm, few hp.
Magnaflow exhaust 7whp.

What do you think all of that?

Because here in Finland i'm one of all 4, S2000 owners here anyone could't help me , that's why I ask you to friendly help me

Here is my car's:
Civic TypeR
S2000 ( in this pictures stock , non stock now , rear spoiler+ front spoiler , Red stuff brake pads)

http://www.dynamiitti.com/gall....html

AND here is the latest mods... Pictures taken my friend
http://www.hut.fi/~jolaine/misc/s2000/

Thank you very much all of your comments!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Best goods to S2000.. (roenick)

Nice color!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Honda Tech.

I don't have any mods done to my S, I'm keeping it stock for now.

Other on here should be able to give you some advice.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:51 AM

Thanx for welcoming!
I'm happy to be here!!

I believe at i'll get some good advicec here all of you
Old 11-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (roenick)

nice car/color. wish we could get that here in the states.

i highly recommend the toda header, amuse r1 exhaust(single/dual is your preference) and the mugen intake. these parts are proven to gain you great hp gains. the toda header works with a s/c setup.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:15 AM

cool car
Old 11-17-2003, 01:35 AM

Thanx again about my car also !

And... Very big thank about your information the goods
Thats very good to know at Toda's header is good, bacause thats the first thing i think what I'm going to change!
The exhaust system.. And last one CAI..

What gain I goul to expect when I'm changed this googs?? About?
Toda's header, Aem CAI/ Mugen, Amuse R1 exhaust/ Magnaflow..
What kind of exhaust is Fujitsubo?

Old 11-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

toda header = 10 whp n/a OR 20whp with s/c

amuse r1 = 8-10 whp

mugen intake = not sure, but heard very good things about it

do a search on http://www.s2ki.com and you'll get good results too.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in this order:

1) CAI
2) Header
3) ECU
last) exhaust
Old 11-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Pacman

Default Re: (B18CXr)

1) itb's
2) ecu
3) headers
4)Exhaust
5)cams
6)4.77 final
Old 11-18-2003, 06:42 PM

Mugen Header.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:33 AM

TXH again all of you!

CAI= AEM v2?, Mugen one if I had enough money

Toda's header is coming

But...but but..
ECU, whic manufacturer?
I know only Mugen, and spoon..
What else, did Hondadata have ecu to S2000?
What kind of gain you get?

And last one this time, vtec controller, which one?
Did it works?

My friend have vtec controller, it give some good gain, but when the rpm hits 7000, every time engine light give signal/came on.. Are you heard kind of this problem?
Old 11-19-2003, 02:58 AM

Default Re: (Pacman)

1) itb's

1) itb's ??? Sorry but what's that is ?
Some "makers" cai?

Modified by roenick at 12:46 PM 11/19/2003
Old 11-19-2003, 05:32 AM

Look on ebay. Check around we bought one for cheap.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:11 PM

Hmmm best mods..

I would go with these ..

J's Racing CAI
J's Racing final gear
Spoon clutch and clutch cover assembly
Toda header
Amuse dual exhaust
FEEL's stroker kit
SSR GT7s 18 inch

Old 11-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civic596)

tiffany?
Old 11-20-2003, 04:09 AM

Default Re: (ambition)

yeah?
Old 11-20-2003, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best goods to S2000.. (SpoonS2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonS2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm best mods..

I would go with these ..

J's Racing CAI
J's Racing final gear
Spoon clutch and clutch cover assembly
Toda header
Amuse dual exhaust
FEEL's stroker kit
SSR GT7s 18 inch

</TD></TR></TABLE>

a list of awesome parts like that ....and you do something dumb and slap some stunnarific 18's on it .....
Old 11-20-2003, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Best goods to S2000.. (tsunami_zc)

Uh, these are made specific for the S2000 with OEM offsets and they are lighter than stock wheels. So for streetracing and hillside adventures they are great. And SSR is no cheap wheel at all. Have you ever heard of them? 17s are the best size in my opinion for the car but for everyday driving 18s are fine. Have you done any research at all on wheels? I have had 8 sets of wheels on my S2000 (first at many different sizes on the S2000) and can tell you first hand 17s and 18s are the way to go. I have had 16, 17, 18, and 19 inch wheels. Do some research before you start saying 18s arent a good size. Most of the track/race cars in Japan run 17 and 18 inch wheels. Some still run 16s. It depends on the regs. As for owners here its up to them what type/size wheel they want to run. So what if its 15 or 20 inch.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonS2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uh, these are made specific for the S2000 with OEM offsets and they are lighter than stock wheels. So for streetracing and hillside adventures they are great. And SSR is no cheap wheel at all. Have you ever heard of them? 17s are the best size in my opinion for the car but for everyday driving 18s are fine. Have you done any research at all on wheels? I have had 8 sets of wheels on my S2000 (first at many different sizes on the S2000) and can tell you first hand 17s and 18s are the way to go. I have had 16, 17, 18, and 19 inch wheels. Do some research before you start saying 18s arent a good size. Most of the track/race cars in Japan run 17 and 18 inch wheels. Some still run 16s. It depends on the regs. As for owners here its up to them what type/size wheel they want to run. So what if its 15 or 20 inch. </TD></TR></TABLE>

[i]And SSR is no cheap wheel at all. Have you ever heard of them?[i]

Of course I know who SSR is !

Have you done any research at all on wheels?

I have done plenty of research, obviously you need to do more of your own, before you begin to reccomend those kind of wheels.

Actually if you did your own research you'd know putting 18's & 19's on a S2000 is 100% for looks and not peformance.

Race prepped cars use them because they have to behind their huge brakes.

With the list of parts you named, you would be making no were near enough power to warrant those kind oof brakes , thus 17's , 18's & 19's are only for looks , and only slow you down....even if they are lighter than the OEM wheels ....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> So for streetracing and hillside adventures they are great. </TD></TR></TABLE>

But of course , that comment just about explains it all ...
Old 11-20-2003, 01:25 PM

Its funny I get a lot of this from FWD integra guys. Stick to your integra. 19s are for looks yes. So what. When they are free why complain?

I dont want to start integra bashing but you seriously need to do some research before you make a comment like that. Better yet goto http://www.s2ki.com and start up a thread on how you think 18s suck. I will bet about 100 or so S2000 members will jump on your thread. You obviously dont know anything about SSR. Remember its Speed Star Racing when you look it up...
Have a nice day.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonS2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its funny I get a lot of this from FWD integra guys. Stick to your integra. 19s are for looks yes. So what. When they are free why complain?

I dont want to start integra bashing but you seriously need to do some research before you make a comment like that. Better yet goto http://www.s2ki.com and start up a thread on how you think 18s suck. I will bet about 100 or so S2000 members will jump on your thread. You obviously dont know anything about SSR. Remember its Speed Star Racing when you look it up...
Have a nice day.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, ok , since you have done so much research, would you care to explain to me why such wheels are so great for an S2000.

You metioned race cars earlier....but aren't you aware that the common theory when it comes to a race car, is using the smallest wheels possible that fit over the brakes ....

Brakes like this run on 16 -17 inch wheels .....

if you need me to break it down to you , i will happily do so ...
Old 11-21-2003, 08:09 AM

Your a fool. You said yourself that 17s are to large. Get lost. Your obviously a teenager and think you know everything. Grow up. YOUR WRONG. Plain and simple. I am through posting here because I have better things to do. 16s ha the lose traction size for the S2000. So what if they come stock on the 00-03s. I will bet you money I would out corner/perform a car with 16s with my 17s. Why? Because I have been there done that. Come over to our forums and post this bullsh*it. You havent because you know the truth. Even if you post I will not bother reading because like I said I have better things to do than argue with a teen.
Peace
Old 11-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonS2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your a fool. You said yourself that 17s are to large. Get lost. Your obviously a teenager and think you know everything. Grow up. YOUR WRONG. Plain and simple. I am through posting here because I have better things to do. 16s ha the lose traction size for the S2000. So what if they come stock on the 00-03s. I will bet you money I would out corner/perform a car with 16s with my 17s. Why? Because I have been there done that. Come over to our forums and post this bullsh*it. You haven't because you know the truth. Even if you post I will not bother reading because like I said I have better things to do than argue with a teen.
Peace </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats fine , cause what i'm about to type is going to shut you up anyways .....and would really have nothing else to say.

Ok..... i don't know how many times i have had to post this ... but i will post it once again .....

the root of the big wheel/little wheel is not weight.... its rotational inertia (also called moment of inertia)....

the physics equation has 4 constituents

k, m, r, i
where k is some constant......&gt; m is the mass of the wheel....&gt; r is the radius and i is the moment of inertia

the relationship is thus:
i = km(r^2)

what this means is that even though you have a larger wheel that may weigh the same as a smaller wheel the radius is the more important factor...

a 20" wheel that weighs 10 lbs has TWICE the moment of inertia as a 10" wheel that weighs 20 lbs...

moment of inertia is not only related to resistance to rotational acceleration..... but to changes in rotational direction...&gt; in other words the wheel with the smaller moment of inertia will offer better steering response as well as better acceleration.... a few examples i can offer here are thus&gt;

&gt; ever take the front wheel off a bicycle, hold it by either side of the axle, and spin the wheel as fast you can..... and try to change the direction... the wheel resists this

&gt;try the same test with a smaller wheel .....and the resistance is vastly reduced...

the second and more relevant example&gt; polar moment of inertia in a car&gt; the steering response from the moment of inertia of the wheel acts IDENTICALLY to the rotational responsiveness of a mid-engine car..... its because the weight is more centrally located

yes, the tire may be one of the heavier portions of the unsprung mass of the car.... but even moving the sidewall inwards by making it taller... you are putting more "air" at the outside of the equation... effectively reducing the "r" portion for most of the individual portions of mass of the rotating wheel/tire combo.......

nevermind that having a taller sidewall allows more forgiving handling... reducing the breakaway speed and making the car more controllable & predictable at the limit....

Go ahead and race around with your 19's, and "think" its better...your only handicaping yourself .....

The reason why the S2000 had problems with traction with 16's , is because yes ...its a light , fairly powerful RWD car, and the 16's allow a good amount of power to be transfered to the rear wheels, coupled with insuficient tires, causes an easy break away.....thats a problem easily fixed with some wider lightweight 16's with high performance tires.....

Any larger wheel "feels" more stable, and seems to have better traction, but thats because when you up the size ....you expand the rotational mass, and putting less power at the wheels ....

Doesnt this make sense ?
Old 11-21-2003, 09:02 AM

I responded to you via PM so you can understand everything. Also I am running 17s not 19s. I do agree with you but when all is said and done. Myself, 1000's of S2000 owners (US wide), Js Racing S2000 team, Spoon S2000 race team, Amuse S2000 race team and about 20-30 other race teams will use 17s. Its a fact of life my friend. Again the lighest wheel isnt always the best. I hope you know that. I had two of the lighest wheels out on the market and sold both sets due to them not being able to grip as good as my 17s in hard cornering/mountain runs. I thought like you at one time but had to face the facts that 17s are superior in street/hillside/track (not quartermile) than 16s. Geez I know people that run 18s at the track with their S2000 and have no problem keeping up with the 16s equipped S2000s...
Old 11-21-2003, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonS2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I responded to you via PM so you can understand everything. Also I am running 17s not 19s. I do agree with you but when all is said and done. Myself, 1000's of S2000 owners (US wide), Js Racing S2000 team, Spoon S2000 race team, Amuse S2000 race team and about 20-30 other race teams will use 17s. Its a fact of life my friend. Again the lighest wheel isnt always the best. I hope you know that. I had two of the lighest wheels out on the market and sold both sets due to them not being able to grip as good as my 17s in hard cornering/mountain runs. I thought like you at one time but had to face the facts that 17s are superior in street/hillside/track (not quartermile) than 16s. Geez I know people that run 18s at the track with their S2000 and have no problem keeping up with the 16s equipped S2000s...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Again .....some race teams use bigger brakes ....that REQUIRE 17's ....

Cause if you wanna talk race teams .....the general theory is run the smallest wheels possible ..... JGTC , F1 , CART , LeMans ...

Its not only the optimal choice ....its mathematically correct

Quick Reply: Best goods to S2000..