Notices
Honda Ruckus and Scooters Ruckus, Silverwing, Reflex, Helix, Metropolitan

Proud new Ruckus Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new Ruckus Owner

I just picked up my 09 Ruckus from the dealership on Monday. I told myself i wasnt going to mod it till i ordered up all the parts i wanted. well after one day of holding out i gave in and the modding began..
I started off with converting my handlebars to use a bmx stem and mountain bike handle bars. I didnt buy the passwordjdm handlebar shim, i went to the local bike shop and picked up a Haro BMX stem and while i was there i grabbed some black foot pegs too, figured out the diameter of the shim i needed and went to the local hardware store. while i was at the hardware store i picked up a hole saw to do the speedo relocation. got the ruckus all put back together and it was still early so i decided to modify the seat. took the seat off measured and cut and rewelded the bracket on and shot it flat black.. everything turned out perfect! i basically have $75 into my mods so far and it makes a world of difference in looks and way more fun to ride. heres a couple pics..
enjoy..
Attached Images      
Old 07-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Proud new Ruckus Owner

sweet!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:48 PM

I tried to hold out on putting all of my mods on too, but had no will power, and these things are addicting. Its only been about two months and I have about 600 in mods already.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Facedagod
I tried to hold out on putting all of my mods on too, but had no will power, and these things are addicting. Its only been about two months and I have about 600 in mods already.
hahah its very addicting! i have about 400 in mods coming.. i ordered the Password Dry Carbon gas tank cover, Frame extension kit, and R1 taillight and bracket too!
should be here this wednesday..
Old 07-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats cleannn

how much do these costs anyways??
Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HDTV
thats cleannn

how much do these costs anyways??
i payed $2300 out the door with tax and licenseing..
Old 07-03-2019, 05:51 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by WannabeEF9
I just picked up my 09 Ruckus from the dealership on Monday. I told myself i wasnt going to mod it till i ordered up all the parts i wanted. well after one day of holding out i gave in and the modding began..
I started off with converting my handlebars to use a bmx stem and mountain bike handle bars. I didnt buy the passwordjdm handlebar shim, i went to the local bike shop and picked up a Haro BMX stem and while i was there i grabbed some black foot pegs too, figured out the diameter of the shim i needed and went to the local hardware store. while i was at the hardware store i picked up a hole saw to do the speedo relocation. got the ruckus all put back together and it was still early so i decided to modify the seat. took the seat off measured and cut and rewelded the bracket on and shot it flat black.. everything turned out perfect! i basically have $75 into my mods so far and it makes a world of difference in looks and way more fun to ride. heres a couple pics..
enjoy..
Hey man where did you find those foot pegs