Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

What to do with motors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with motors?

So me and friend were talking last night and what we should do with the H22 that I just picked up a few weeks ago. He said I should just go NA with it and not turbo so I can have that nice rebuilt NA motor tearing up other cars. Though i'd like to turbo a motor myself eventually... but for my frist rebuild...

Should I do the H22 NA then later on down the road after this motor build would a H23 Vtec turbo be good? Cause I'd like to try a H23 motor with Vtec. Or should I just go turbo with this motor and do that H23 NA? Pros and Cons or both if possible? And potentials of each?

How much power could I actually get out of the H22 NA? I dont plan on going cheap on anything unless its proven through guys on here kinda thing. Even if it means taking longer cause money... Wanna do it right and to the best that I can.

oh and i plan on repacing everything, not keeping stock internals... may take awhile to get stuff with money but i want to do right and best that i can.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What to do with motors? (Street_Lude)

I am in the same position as you are, or was I should say... I eventually decided to go NA for the reliability (I'm sure ppl will argue with me on that statement) and the challenge, not to mention the status of beating v8's with an all motor 4 cyl. To answer your question about how much look at 2point6 which is Scott who owns Collective Racing, he is putting out 303hp NA. To boost an H you need to sleeve the block or fab it to the F22 block, in other words $$. If money is no object go boost away, but me personally I am going NA for the challenge and the props. I just love the sound of a BOV! haha so who knows if I will change my mind, but so far that is what I am doing... You gotta ask yourself (do you feel lucky haha) what your goals are both financially and intentions with the vehicle...
Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

As I have said before, go check out Coprelude.Net, tons of good local info about guys in Colorado building ludes, including some very successfull turbo build cars, and a bit of info on n/a stuff as well. I post more there, and pay attention too it alot more, so can give you some help as well. We also have some guys going through builds now, both h22 swaps and turbo and sc builds!