Honda Prelude All Model Preludes
View Poll Results: DIY
Everything's a piece of cake, nice!
0%
The climate control ac, tv, radio, & jdm navigation will kick your butt
0%
Waste of money & time, Why did the japanese dismantler do that!?
100.00%
Moral support here, physical support, & WTB
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Type S Front End, Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type S Front End, Spoiler

Hi everyone, I have the option to purchase a Type S Front End & Dash, & want to get everyone's opinion. Feel free to let me know what price would be good, as I have pictures of everything except for the power folding mirrors, but that's pretty self explanatory. My local JDM store has had this matching pearl white type s front end for a few weeks now, & I just discovered their inventory.

This is what I have to do, living in California. The JDM Type S has no CARB emissions certifications & qualifications, so it'd sadly & unfortunately never pass smog.

The first two pictures are of my parts, & am about to install.

Name:  B6z2hsB.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  933.1 KB

Name:  0z8DGpH.jpg
Size:  551.2 KB

Name:  l1Y4TjG.jpg
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  JmjA4xk.jpg
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  icIfP7s.jpg
Size:  951.2 KB

Name:  e09Mz1z.jpg
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  rg4U5Mb.jpg
Size:  841.8 KB

Name:  jrw0bcU.jpg
Size:  37.2 KB

Name:  T9N9sDy.jpg
Size:  466.6 KB

Name:  b4o95mb.jpg
Size:  908.7 KB

Name:  S3YDASj.jpg
Size:  717.5 KB

Name:  lhYGTIR.jpg
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  sVp6MlU.jpg
Size:  764.3 KB

Name:  m2HCANO.jpg
Size:  756.8 KB

Name:  8yKNuWl.jpg
Size:  48.9 KB

Name:  OQxsu3s.jpg
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  5OP6wdE.jpg
Size:  512.7 KB

Last edited by ninety9prelude; 06-22-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Type S Front End, Spoiler

The pictures do not work we cant see anything. And for asking us what to pay for all of this I think you should be asking what the JDM supplier wants for it all and start there. If you want to get the type s front end and dash do it, you do not need our opinions the only one that matters is yours. And you say that the type-s would never pass smog are you talking about the car itself the way that it is like a complete BB6 type-S or the engine by itself? the h22a type s engine will pass smog in California by running a P5M California ECU and a known good working Catalytic converter and obviously the other emissions items that are needed here in this tree hugger state.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Type S Front End, Spoiler

Originally Posted by thirsk66
The pictures do not work we cant see anything. And for asking us what to pay for all of this I think you should be asking what the JDM supplier wants for it all and start there. If you want to get the type s front end and dash do it, you do not need our opinions the only one that matters is yours. And you say that the type-s would never pass smog are you talking about the car itself the way that it is like a complete BB6 type-S or the engine by itself? the h22a type s engine will pass smog in California by running a P5M California ECU and a known good working Catalytic converter and obviously the other emissions items that are needed here in this tree hugger state.
I tried editing the pictures many many times on honda-tech, to no success. I used the exact same formatting on 4 other prelude forums & it worked, so I'm dunno what is different about honda-tech, but here are all of them:
https://imgur.com/a/Qxuua

I agree with you it is my choice, but I want to get a fair estimate & price point from forum members. Then I know what is not super lowballing the jdm shop or I know the jdm shop isn't really overcharging me.

Lastly, here is a resource I have found.
"Unfortunately, enthusiasts are largely locked out of the “substantially similar” clause. The reason is that while Canadian cars largely conform to U.S. laws, vehicles from other markets do not necessarily share the same reciprocity."

ADDITIONALLY, it must have originally be Emission Certified by California, which is so sad that I can't import any car OUTSIDE THE USA models, that are over 30 years old (unless I want to pay thousands of dollars to certify the car in CA, or unless an importer has done this already):

"Exception number two: the great state of California, whose emissions laws are stricter than the federal government’s. You see, while the EPA exempts vehicles on a rolling 21-year basis, meaning that anything age 21 or older is exempt from federal emissions laws, California laws start with all vehicles manufactured after 1975. In other words: if your car is newer than 1975, and it was never originally certified to operate in California, you must go about getting it certified there – even if it’s already legal in every other state. Since this process can cost thousands of dollars, I won’t be doing this – which means my car can’t go to a buyer in California."

Source for the quotes in italics: Here Are The Four Legal Ways To Import A Car To The United States

Thanks for your suggestions though, or if I've not found the correct resources, references, or research, can you please direct me to the correct links. That would be greatly appreciated.