Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Things that almost gave you a heart attack.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things that almost gave you a heart attack.

Lol one time I was adjusting my valves, and I had a .004 feeler gauge and I set it down on the head and didn't realize there was a hole there, I remember seeing it go straight down, my stomach dropped and I almost cried, I remember saying to myself, "My engine is done" I was either gonna drop the oil pan, and I almost cranked the engine. I thought to myself, that oil passage hole must be small, please be small, went to auto zone and got one of those long magnets, put it in the hole and prayed, I felt a smack, and up came the feeler gauge, was so happy afterwards.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Things that almost gave you a heart attack.

I had a 02 e46 last year, I dropped a bolt inside the cylinder while I was changing the plugs. I had to take the metro for 2 weeks because I couldn't find a magnet small enough to go through the spark plug well. Finally had a mobile mechanic that came out with the one that fit but after fishing around for over an hour we were about to give up. We gave it one last try and that "snap" sound of the bolt gripping the magnet was the best thing in the world.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t5contra
I had a 02 e46 last year, I dropped a bolt inside the cylinder while I was changing the plugs. I had to take the metro for 2 weeks because I couldn't find a magnet small enough to go through the spark plug well. Finally had a mobile mechanic that came out with the one that fit but after fishing around for over an hour we were about to give up. We gave it one last try and that "snap" sound of the bolt gripping the magnet was the best thing in the world.
damn two weeks for one bolt.. harbor freight or Wally-mart have magnets yo.
I hate public transport, I would of just pulled a late one that night and removed the head if I had no choice.

The last thing that gave me a heart attack is tallying up all my receipts and see how much I have tied up into my project lol...
Old 03-15-2014, 05:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol i did the same thing when i did my first valve adjustment. I think it's probably 1 in 3 people that do that.

One thing that gave me a heart attack was hearing my tensioner bearing making noises one time when it started going bad. I thought, "**** did i throw a rod". lol
Old 03-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by holmesnmanny
lol i did the same thing when i did my first valve adjustment. I think it's probably 1 in 3 people that do that.

One thing that gave me a heart attack was hearing my tensioner bearing making noises one time when it started going bad. I thought, "**** did i throw a rod". lol
My tension needs to get adjusted again. I can hear the belt flapping and it sounds like a knock.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What almost gave me a heart attack was when I was rolling on the freeway cruising in my bagged s10 n I hit a pothole, couldn't swap lanes, I was blocked in. But when I pulled to the side my Billets wasn't damaged. I swear my heart fell out my *** lol.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:22 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AudioFunk
My tension needs to get adjusted again. I can hear the belt flapping and it sounds like a knock.
You don't manually tension with your hands any belt.

The manual tensioner setups are all tensioned via the springs.

You set the engine to tdc. The turn the engine exactly three teeth on the CAMSHAFT. Then you loosen the adjusting nut about 3 quarters of a turn. Then you gently tighten it and you're done. The springs will tension the belts when you loosen and tighten the adjusting nut.