Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Should I retire the Accord...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 07:53 AM
0x5359-0055

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (TheKingPin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just read in another thread that you hav a daughter......give it to her. Teach her how to drive - let her race it!

How old is she by the way </TD></TR></TABLE>

You sir are smoking crack She'll have it in a ditch faster than any ricer.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Fortune Cookie Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep that bish.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Should I retire the Accord... (Longknocker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Longknocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Scott, as you know I am probably the biggest hater you have, but its your arrogance that has brought that on. However if you retire this rediculous looking car I will have nobody to harrass on h-t. Seriously though as much of a pitiful waste of money that thing is, you have done wonders with it. who would think an accord could do what you have done at the track. too bad you didn't start with a corvette, you probably would be running nines or faster with the same effort. my opinion is that you should keep the car and continue wasting your money on it, but get over yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh wow, a nine second corvette....man i am super impressed, i doubt that has ever been done before.....

innovation &gt; repitition

innovate on the h, put it in a civic, smoke longknocker's v8, and carry your daughter around in the accord....
Old 11-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I retire the Accord... (2point6)

There comes a point when you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to stay with a particular chassy or not. If you've got sponsors out the ***, then yea be original. But in the monetary aspect, you are dealing with an old chassy accord which has hardly any appeal to the market and lacks support with part availability.

I sold out and got an EK chassy for my H series set-up. Why run low 11 to high 10's with 600whp when I can get a hatch and run low 10's with the same amount of power?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I retire the Accord... (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and your new motor is gonna be gross....so dont go to the dark (k) side....stick with the h....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes stay with the H, its up to you if you want to keep the car, i like it alot and looking forward to your new build.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I retire the Accord...

The body seems to be in good shape and you have an H motor. I wish I could say both the same for my car. Seriously, It's like the surface of the moon on my car's exrterior. No need for you to start over from my point if view.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:10 AM

crazy
Old 11-07-2005, 11:11 AM
0x5359-0055

Default Re: (HomeGrownH22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HomeGrownH22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">crazy</TD></TR></TABLE>

For even considering getting rid of it..... yes he is
Old 11-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vt4cPwn35)

i say keep it. no point in getting rid of something no one will appreciate as much as you. being you put so much work into it. but go for another project if thats what you want to do.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I retire the Accord... (Civic 1.8)

yea id have to say ditch the accord you got it going good but if it was in a civic chassis youd be getting alot more respect not to many people pay attention to the accord chassis id pull drive train put stock back in accord sell it or keep it and get a civic chassis and put drive train in and if ya want to keeep the memories going paint the civic the same way ( not my recomendation)
Old 11-12-2005, 02:08 PM

You're really going to have to assess your own situation. If you're into it for mainly speed, a lighter chassis, even if it's the lowly Civic, will benefit you more than the Accord chassis.

If you're out to be innovative, or you just love that car, keep the Accord; Civics are a dime a dozen.

As said above, though, you are never going to get your money back from that money pit. If throwing away a good bit of your investment is worth your goals, then keep it. If not, you may be better off keeping it and buying a separate car to begin building
Old 11-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LudeyKrus)

Well, I have a drag Civic also... BUT, building up this Accord has got me more "respect" than what I have gotten for my Civic. Going fast in the Accord chasis is almost unheard of. That is why I stuck with it for so long. I agree civics are a dime a dozen...

It is not about the money... never has been. Selling the car would be a loss no matter what. Over the years I have put well over $50K into this car. This includes all that has blown up, not worked, and just wasted to get to where it is now. I have other cars, so the need for this car to be sold is not an issue either.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2point6)

keep it, any word on the new NA monster?
Old 11-12-2005, 03:23 PM
0x5359-0055

Default Re: (SteveoBA8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is not about the money... never has been. Selling the car would be a loss no matter what..</TD></TR></TABLE>

You just answered your own question
Old 11-12-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: (Vt4cPwn35)

I used to own a 96 Accord. Let me tell you, that car was awesome. It was a family car, it was my daily driver, but it was of high quality and very reliable. Not to mention the older Accords like that still have a fairly small chassis, so I don't think weight should be too much of a concern.

Anyhow, I personally think the best thing to do is to keep it and start a second project car. If I went really far in modding my daily driver, I really wouldn't be driving it every day. Now of course, this will be expensive if you do get a second project car. You will have to worry about car payments and maintaining two cars instead of one. If you are willing though, I think you should get an Integra, or a Prelude to make your second project car. Keep this as your daily driver, and go sweat blood on your other project car.

I might add, this Accord of yours is absolutely beutiful, and clean. I personally don't mind old cars at all. Hell, I'd trade in a lot of new cars for an old 70's American muscle car. Age doesn't really matter, as long as it has been taken care of and maintained to be of as good quality as it was when new. So, in another way, I think it would be better that you keep this beutiful car, save some money and spend more of your resources just on this baby rather than splitting it in half between two.

The choice is yours, but if you got plenty of time and money, get another project car. If you are not exactly a millionaire, keep your good old Accord. I'm sure its grown on you too, it almost becomes a personality trait that you really wouldn't feel right replacing.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Drop that motor in a 4th or 5th gen and call it a day.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just saw this... and my reply is:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Scott, your car and your presence as the owner of that car are both great inspirations to the 4th gen community! When people ask me what I want to do with my car, the first thing I do is tell them I want your motor in it :D I know that down the road, when I can actually afford to take the big step of building my motor, that Collective Racing will still be around (I have every intention of sending my motor across the country, because I KNOW it will be done right) Still, just knowing that you still drive and improve your CB7 is a great thing to know. I hope you never give it up! Although a K swap would be killer, you have an amazing H22 already. It's part of the car's draw!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: (deevergote)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deevergote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just saw this... and my reply is:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Scott, your car and your presence as the owner of that car are both great inspirations to the 4th gen community! When people ask me what I want to do with my car, the first thing I do is tell them I want your motor in it :D I know that down the road, when I can actually afford to take the big step of building my motor, that Collective Racing will still be around (I have every intention of sending my motor across the country, because I KNOW it will be done right) Still, just knowing that you still drive and improve your CB7 is a great thing to know. I hope you never give it up! Although a K swap would be killer, you have an amazing H22 already. It's part of the car's draw!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with this man. You have contributed and showed others that a 4gen can run with the best of them all motor. I say keep it man.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is a tough desicion for me. I have been building the Accord since 2000 and it is no secret how old this car is. I know people on the net either hate or love the familliar two tone blue and white CB7, but either way I would like some feedback on where I should head with it. Let me know what you think... good and bad, I am open minded. I also want to say thanks to the honda-tech members for being my second home over the last several years.

Modified by 2point6 at 9:23 PM 11/6/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

I remember reading about this car, oh, quite some time ago, I believe it was in SCC? I can't remember. Ever since then, I have been obsessed with this car, and could only hope to be able to build something this cool, and original. Although, I am not particularly in love with the 2 tone, you never forget it. I say continue with this car, although I know how boring a car can get, but you've come this far, why turn back now?
Old 11-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I retire the Accord... (ClubDownforce)

the probaly for me is just apperance. The motor is.. *droolllsss*
Old 11-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Banned

Build a K series civic all day
Old 11-13-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Should I retire the Accord... (JakeIsCool)

if your looking to retire it, id take it off your hands for a couple grand, since its aging and all , you should keep going with it, i stick with my cars until death do we part, which is either i kill the car, or the car kills me, but if you wanna sell it id be a taker, ill trade you my 97
Old 11-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep the car man!
Why are having doubts about it?! Are you having any problems with it?

If you like the car, do something just to make you look at it differently... maybe a paint job, maybe a different engine, rims or whatever you want... ...do a custom interior... ...make the car convertible or whatever man..... ...it's all up to you... but ... keep it and work it out!!!
Peace!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civic 1.8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic 1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You psted this in the wrong section noob</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow. And I thought I was a stupid *******.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:38 PM
0x5359-0055

Default Re: (ClubDownforce)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic 1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You psted this in the wrong section noob</TD></TR></TABLE>

I take it you know him well

Quick Reply: Should I retire the Accord...