Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

??'s about hondata/header

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??'s about hondata/header

well my current setup is in my sig, all I want to do now is get a nice header and hondata, drivability is my main concern now since I kinda grew up but I have a few ?'s. If I get the hondata first then I have to retune it after i get the header right?? Brian @ Prospeed where i got my swap done quoted me only $500 for the hondata all tuned and installed. Seems like a good deal compared to some prices I've heard. Also I really want a good header, but I seriously am not gonna be able to drop a G on the smsp or mugen, so anybody know anything about the Prospeed h22 header? (gains?) I searched, but the damn dyno was with cams and some other ****. People say the more mods the better the gains are for hondata too, but I know this kid with just i/e hondata on an rsx-s and it seriously bones the **** out. WAY quicker than all the bolt on rsx's around here. How comparable is the hondata on the h22 and k20?? Can I expect similar gains? Thanks, and I allready searched
Old 03-14-2004, 10:15 PM

Default Re: ??'s about hondata/header (seecretninja)

it would be much better to get the header first, then hondata/tuning, and tuning can/will make a big dfference, as anyone here will tell you "tuning is everything"

as for you smog, if youre in socal goto a viet shop in westminster/garden grove, they dont go as far usually as testing another car and saying its yours, but they ignore the visual and do whatever it takes to make the computer say pass, if youre in norcal i would say goto san jose where there is another large viet population and they prolly will overlook visual as well, my gfs dad does all the talking when i gotta get smogged....

youre main concern though is the cops who actually know what engine belongs in what car if they pop your hood....so i would get the stock intake and other stuff and get your car ref'd
Old 03-15-2004, 09:56 AM

dude if i get refed I'm done for. thats why I have the stock muffler on there now. I think i'll be ok cause I guarentee atleast 99% of cops don't have a ******* clue.

just gotta pass smog soon.

Anyone have any info about the prospeed header?? Any dyno's with just maybe the header and some bolt-ons.??
Old 03-15-2004, 04:21 PM

I would go with SMSP or Hytec
then Hondata