Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Please help with prelude, clueless on issue.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with prelude, clueless on issue.

I currently have a 1998 prelude h22a SiR Red Top with the cel code of P1491 and couldn't figure out the issue after pulling off the egr and cleaning it out with the port. I found the stock manifold and cleaned EGR port on the Manifold, Cleaned the EGR itself, pushed down on the diaphragm on the valve with my finger on the nipple and it came back up very slightly and held so I assumed it was fine. I checked for vacuum leaks with my ear and manual inspection of the hoses, didn't have anything to spray at the time. With inspection coming up and not much time to work on her I took it to a shop and the mechanic said I'm missing a intake control diaphragm and IAB control diaphragm. Not sure how those two issues can be connected to my Cel being on. The car also idle surges on its own, not sure if this is related. I don't have much money, about 300 in the bank and I just want to drive my car legally (Failed inspection so no sticker). Only other issue I could think of is a power issue. Any input on this?