Originally Posted by q16racer
7.84@90.5mph
hells yeah!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All Time Fastest Preludes NA/Turbo Ladder

Originally Posted by NirVTEC

IIRC there was a BTP Prelude ~220whp @ 13.5x stock JDM bottom end.(Nat's friend maybe)
This was an H23vtec.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by q16racer
7.84@90.5mph

Wow, that mph is what a stock one would do in 1/4...lol.
god damn that's movin...
Old 09-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AznBlueBoy
Wow, that mph is what a stock one would do in 1/4...lol.
god damn that's movin...
Just insane. He's making it to 90 in a little more than 1/2 the time of a stock Prelude.

This was an H23vtec.
Are you sure? I was pretty sure Alex had a stock JDM H22......IDK, I will ask Nat. I know Jei was rocking an H23 VTEC in his 4th gen.....
Although it was a EuroR, our local guy went 13.4x with an unopened Honda bottom end, Pro2s, and a HyTech@210whp ~2700lbs.
I think its just a PRIDE thing right now......After what I have put the Stock H22 shortblock through, it still amazes me how tough it is.......Although I still wish I had done an H23+TypeS during my last setup change. Tough to beat a $500 shortblock though!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:17 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

FWD unlimited/Forced Inducted class finals.

Dave was not using the bottle...long story, the all motor class had an aweful showing and some shitty things happen which led me to be eliminated and a 9 sec car to be in the finals. but i got a bye run to the finals of unlimited which happened to be against my friend dave in his beautiful CRX.

we gonna be a MUCH MUCH closer race once i get the slicks i need.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man you got a really good shot at 11's once you get that 60ft down!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

the slicks should increase my MPH since i will spend less time shifting and actually allow me to possibly stick the launch then get beyond the 60ft before having to shift lol.

11's is definitely on my doorstep though. its gonna take some practice and tweaking. i'd like to be able to do it without dropping any more weight.

im honestly trying to decide whether i am going to modify the intake manifold (cut the runners shorter) or attempt to lose my *** selling it for some ITB's. Cutting it after the fuel rail mounts and rewelding seems to be the easier route, but ITB's seem to be the better route. just dont know.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just insane. He's making it to 90 in a little more than 1/2 the time of a stock Prelude.

Are you sure? I was pretty sure Alex had a stock JDM H22......IDK, I will ask Nat. I know Jei was rocking an H23 VTEC in his 4th gen.....
Although it was a EuroR, our local guy went 13.4x with an unopened Honda bottom end, Pro2s, and a HyTech@210whp ~2700lbs.
I think its just a PRIDE thing right now......After what I have put the Stock H22 shortblock through, it still amazes me how tough it is.......Although I still wish I had done an H23+TypeS during my last setup change. Tough to beat a $500 shortblock though!
Hmmm I thought jei was the one to run 13.5 with that h23vtec. Maybe I was wrong. Nat told me this 4+ years ago so I maybe wrong.

Blake, you got a slower 60ft but still faster 1/8th. Wow.
What size slicks? Are you using an mfactory 5.15fd?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Its got 22x8x15s on it then
Old 09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmm I thought jei was the one to run 13.5 with that h23vtec. Maybe I was wrong. Nat told me this 4+ years ago so I maybe wrong.
Yeah, it was Alex with the 220whp JDM H22, 13.5x.
I don't think Jei every made a pass! I think Nat has the drag bug between the 2.

Blake, stop spending money and use what you have!!!!!! Driver Mod has to be good for close to 1/2 a second! You make great power.....now practice practice practice!!!!!!
I'm beginning to think you guys "LIKE" working on your cars 10x more than you drive them....
Not meeeee!!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Blake, stop spending money and use what you have!!!!!! Driver Mod has to be good for close to 1/2 a second! You make great power.....now practice practice practice!!!!!!
!
BLAKE

This is the best post in a longtime and sooo true. Stop acting like a ricer fool and work on what you have. You know me harsh but truthfull. It's like this in your vids you giving up 3 to 5 tenth easy in your driving habit small slicks or not. Your losing atleast 2 car lengths in the first 60 foot and another car to a car and ahalf by the 330. Bigger slicks will help but it's not the only answer. Make sure u don't look at slick's for it being the be all end all. Get some 24.5x5x15 M&H ( if you were in maryland I would give you a set I have sitting). Just work on your RPM launch along with your moneyshift ( 1-2 ) its needs work.

I'll try and post up some vids from testing last week in the A/M car if he doesn't care. (picked up a few tenths ). I know it's hard to get to the track but go as often and test as much as you can. Your car has ALOT of potential don't worry about changing things right now. Power isn't the issue you have plenty for now. Maximize your setup once you have then.... seek the power. I see it like this if you can't get your car to work at your current power level what's it going to do with more power?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Honda owns me

We have races here this weekend.

With the few tweaks and some driving coaching I've gotten from friends, I'm hoping to break into the 11's.

If I can break the 1.8 60' curse, I think it should be doable.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by md23vtec
BLAKE

This is the best post in a longtime and sooo true. Stop acting like a ricer fool and work on what you have. You know me harsh but truthfull. It's like this in your vids you giving up 3 to 5 tenth easy in your driving habit small slicks or not. Your losing atleast 2 car lengths in the first 60 foot and another car to a car and ahalf by the 330. Bigger slicks will help but it's not the only answer. Make sure u don't look at slick's for it being the be all end all. Get some 24.5x5x15 M&H ( if you were in maryland I would give you a set I have sitting). Just work on your RPM launch along with your moneyshift ( 1-2 ) its needs work.

I'll try and post up some vids from testing last week in the A/M car if he doesn't care. (picked up a few tenths ). I know it's hard to get to the track but go as often and test as much as you can. Your car has ALOT of potential don't worry about changing things right now. Power isn't the issue you have plenty for now. Maximize your setup once you have then.... seek the power. I see it like this if you can't get your car to work at your current power level what's it going to do with more power?
I'm not spending any more money...rather swapping parts. I know what you are saying though. I'm waiting on exosoeed to email back on the 24.5 m&h's. Hell if u have a set and would give thwm to me I am more than will to pay for shipping.

I know the car has an 11 in it as it sits now with the bigger slick. It literraly feels like I would be faster launching on 2nd because 1st gear has been useless and I'm going into 2nd prolly way before the 60. I've tried shifting quicker into 2nd damn near directly after launching in 1st and it disnt change much. It didn't bog either. It shifts great but I dislike no lift shifting. Last time I did it I stretched my cables but I didn't have near the clutch or trans setup I do now.

We just bought my girl a truck so we can haul the car and next race is ifo and I refuse to go all that way with these worn on 22s.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:58 PM

blake remember i said look at your psi bro we have the same size and I am pulling 1.81 and 1.7's all day look at maybe going lower. I know that is hurting. I dont remember if you changed your tranny gearing but if its not different it for sure lower that psi cause your spinning that sucker out the hole

I was having a problem with being scared to shift fast and stretching my cables also. But I figured my sweet spot of where I can raise shift and hopefully this weekend will prove a better time for me..
Old 09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by crazes
blake remember i said look at your psi bro we have the same size and I am pulling 1.81 and 1.7's all day look at maybe going lower. I know that is hurting. I dont remember if you changed your tranny gearing but if its not different it for sure lower that psi cause your spinning that sucker out the hole

I was having a problem with being scared to shift fast and stretching my cables also. But I figured my sweet spot of where I can raise shift and hopefully this weekend will prove a better time for me..
i ran 10 psi in them. the pressure isnt really the problem as i was hitting 1.77 60's most of the night and 1.77 60's all the past weekend. Not to mention i dont have a launch control setup yet since i dont have a VSS wired up yet. I was launching roughly around 4000.

It would have been better if i wouldnt have gotten excited and put my foot to the ground off the start but thats what practice is for. there isnt a psi i could have set the tires at that would let me launch the car to its full potential. there is maybe an 1/8" of dimple left in the slick.....maybe less since this past event.

my tranny is very different. 5.15FD, carbon syncros, comp twin disk. i dont believe my shifting in itself is the issue, instead the time to shift....which will come with track time and everything properly setup including suspension.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Blake your doing great for the slicks your running on. 1.7 60ft's are great at our track on any given day. My super light REX cuts 1.6's in the best conditions after tweaking the launch limiter all night. So keep it up! Any way I can help I will.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BLAKE

You know roger I am too in need of some slicks lol
Old 09-29-2011, 09:19 AM

BLAKE

x2 I am up north of you. If your coming to the shootout bring with this weekend and i will take them off your hands and throw some cash on my end for you gas drive.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hoping the weather will cooperate tomorrow. I believe there is a live stream on the tracks website if anyone wants to watch.
Www.missionraceway.com
Old 10-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It turned out to be a very dissapointing night for me.
I got 3 passes in.
Fastest time was a 13.1@102 with a 1.7 60ft.
The next pass I managed a 1.698 60 ft and I miss shifted into 2nd and that was the end of the night.

I guess I forgot how to shift lol.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It turned out to be a very dissapointing night for me.
I got 3 passes in.
Fastest time was a 13.1@102 with a 1.7 60ft.
The next pass I managed a 1.698 60 ft and I miss shifted into 2nd and that was the end of the night.

I guess I forgot how to shift lol.
Those are some great 60ft's though!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rosko
Those are some great 60ft's though!
Yeah I definately felt that 1.6 60ft but sadly miss shifted into 2nd...

The first 2 passes were to get the tire pressure to where I wanted it.

I also am running the stock blades instead of the rota slipstreams so I assume the extra 10lbs or so per wheel made me lose the mph.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1.6x 60ft time is damn good though

Quick Reply: ::The Official Prelude 1/4 mile thread::