Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Looking for some feedback...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for some feedback...

As you are all aware (some of you have even made the point to tell me personally) the Prelude forum is diluted with Ads, Requests for Images, and Threads with poor titles ("help me" "I have a problem", threads like these ruin the search feature and its functionality)

I am curious if you guys, the Prelude forum visitors would like some general forum rules stickied at the top for people to read, the Accord, Civic, and Integra forums all have posted rules about general conduct in addition to the H-T Terms of Service. It is particularly helpful in telling Trial Users about how things operate here. It leaves little room for interpretation and arguements.

My opinion is that the Lude forum is very cluttered and a free for all compared to others.

Please vote below and leave comments and clarification if you wish thanks guys

Old 09-11-2003, 10:11 AM
RAB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (Nick M)

I've found that as I've gotten more educated about my kaa I rely less on Honda-Tech. Unless there's something new about suspension/brake/auto-x/race theory I really have no interest in threads concerned with "what Altezza should I go with" or "what do you think about my rimzzzz". The reason these threads are not thought provoking in anyway and don't offer the ideals of what Honda-TECH should be.

I vote for rules similar to those in the road race/auto-x forum.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (RAB)

i agree

any comments on the classified infestation? lol
Old 09-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

we do need some rules, and yes one thing i have noticed is the way people title their threads sucks ,

one thing i don't mind is a foresale or <U>prelude specific </U> parts. if it wern't for allowing some reasonable forsale ads for prelude parts i wouln't have ever found alot of the stuff i have. stuff sinks SO fast in the forsale forums. i mean as long as its not "buy my rims or my fat Altezza's" . Prelude stuff for sale is ok by me as long as they arn't a 2 post newb trying to pawn their **** off and are approved by a Mod.

we need some rules
Old 09-11-2003, 10:21 AM

I think rules would be awesome....... IF anyone bothered to read them! My POV is this, I think that a set of forum rules would be nice to have, but how many people do you think are going to read them? Especially those who sign up and need help on something they're working on.. they won't bother to read that before they post up a thread "Need HELP!". Sorry if I'm hitting the sour note but that's how I see it.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (RAB)

^
Yes it is somewhat clustered from time to time.
But not all the rule breaking posts are bad. For example when someone has a lot of parts for sale or they are parting out a car I think those posts are great to put here.

Yes the appearance questions can be a little cumbersome. But some like rims might not be as appearance oriented as they may seem. Asking what looks good is but asking what should I get isn't really if they want to know what rims are strong, and generally an all around good rim.

I do think there should be a forum rules sticky that is locked at the top of every forum. 99% of the time no one will read it but if you or any mods decide to take action against a user they can't say they didn't know if it is right there in front of them.

Sometimes it is semi confusing as to what is aloud to be posted here and what isn't. In general I believe that the prelude forum is one of the more laxed forums on H-T. I think this is good because there are so many differences over other Honda's.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (prelittlelude)

Agree about rules, and approved for sales/want to buy posts.

The classified section moves way too fast. However, there is a fix to that, if people would put the word PRELUDE in the title of the classifieds, you can use the most helpful function of the site, SEARCH.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My opinion is that the Lude forum is very cluttered and a free for all compared to others. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats becuse all other forums devide all civic/integra/B-series topics into cute little piles.

Everyone here assumes that they will get no help in any other forum besides here.

Parts from every civic, integra, del sol, CVCC, CRV, and odessey ever made are swappable Tech help can be provided by anyone with a "non-prelude".

If you have a prelude, the only people who are going to help you are people w/ preludes. The only ones who will want what you are selling are people with preludes.

Is this BBS able to put a forum inside a forum? Maybe put a classifieds inside the prelude forum?

I agree that topics need to be clearer.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (Greyout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Greyout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats becuse all other forums devide all civic/integra/B-series topics into cute little piles.

Everyone here assumes that they will get no help in any other forum besides here.

Parts from every civic, integra, del sol, CVCC, CRV, and odessey ever made are swappable Tech help can be provided by anyone with a "non-prelude".

If you have a prelude, the only people who are going to help you are people w/ preludes. The only ones who will want what you are selling are people with preludes.

Is this BBS able to put a forum inside a forum? Maybe put a classifieds inside the prelude forum?

I agree that topics need to be clearer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agree, I have found that when I create a thread in the PRELUDE FORM and THE TECH form, I have gotton no help/info in the TECH form. Yet I will post the same thing in the PRELUDE form and will receive good feedback.
As for:put a forum inside a forum? Maybe put a classifieds inside the prelude forum?

Is this Possible? That would be very helpful IMO. I have made a few purchases in my few months of being a Honda Tech member.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (caliriptide)

It is technically possible to put a forum within the forum, but the Admins would never do it.

I proposed having a separate Accord/Prelude/RSX/Si classifieds forum and it didnt catch on.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:00 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is technically possible to put a forum within the forum, but the Admins would never do it.

I proposed having a separate Accord/Prelude/RSX/Si classifieds forum and it didnt catch on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What about making a sticky at the top for all FS and WTB as they do in the CRX forum?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (Sephro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sephro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What about making a sticky at the top for all FS and WTB as they do in the CRX forum? </TD></TR></TABLE>

we could do that
Old 09-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (Sephro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sephro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What about making a sticky at the top for all FS and WTB as they do in the CRX forum? </TD></TR></TABLE>

theres a damn good idea, i like it
Old 09-11-2003, 11:13 AM
New User

Personally, I just put my WTB and FS stuff in my sig. It works for me anyways.
I only have two requests:
1. Get the forum to be solely tech based. I love reading the ITR forum because it is full of racing pics and useful info.
2. If some dumb son of a bitch comes in here using horrible grammar or asking some BS question. Delete the post or let us show him the light. I know that I didn't have an easy life here during my first few months.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (laughinxxx)

I have a suggestion..

Borrowed from the FA Nissan boards.. maybe have basic and advanced forums to go into. For example, Honda Prelude Basic forum and Honda Prelude Advanced..

All the minor questions and things irrelevant from technical questions go into the basic forum, and the more advanced techincal questions go to the Advanced forum..

Just my $.02
Old 09-11-2003, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (AgentUT)

i definetly agree that rules stickied at the top of the page is a great idea. i hate seeing the check out my car posts or the newbie classified ads. when i come across a out of place post i report it to a moderator. Todd asked us to do that (before he left) and i've found it works very nicely to clear out the bs threads. i also post in that thread that i have "reported" it to a mod so they do not receive several ims about the same topic.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (AgentUT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AgentUT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a suggestion..

Borrowed from the FA Nissan boards.. maybe have basic and advanced forums to go into. For example, Honda Prelude Basic forum and Honda Prelude Advanced..

All the minor questions and things irrelevant from technical questions go into the basic forum, and the more advanced techincal questions go to the Advanced forum..

Just my $.02</TD></TR></TABLE>

The basic structure of the forums isnt going to change.

The only thing we have control over is the content.

Tonight I'm going to try to draft up some rules for the forum to sticky.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:06 PM

this board is already the most technical I surf./
Old 09-11-2003, 12:13 PM

It would also be helpful if the sticky had most of the general lude info so the newbies will not clutter the board w/ "how many quarts of oil do I need for my 4th/5th gen?" Or you could always inform the newbs to search the net for basic questions...
Old 09-11-2003, 12:14 PM

Default Re: (skunk2lude01)

lol nuthing wont change if you make rules. instead of telling the person "this isnt the right board" you be replying with "read the rules noob". and im pretty sure i wont read the rules........hey jus thinkin realisticly
Old 09-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DubbleD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DubbleD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol nuthing wont change if you make rules. instead of telling the person "this isnt the right board" you be replying with "read the rules noob". and im pretty sure i wont read the rules........hey jus thinkin realisticly</TD></TR></TABLE>

things changed drastically when I implemented the rules in the Accord forum almost a year ago

if people dont follow the rules, i either delete their posts, dock % points, or delete the user if its necessary
Old 09-11-2003, 03:44 PM

What a wonderful idea Nick! The written up rules should work like a forum filter!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (JDM GIRL)

i dont mind the fs post i almost like it.

i do not like when 1 person makes 3 post for 3 items their selling. put them all in 1 post. i also like the permisson only fs, we dont want people w/2post coming on here to sell crap

i hate improper titled post's. thats more then half the reason our search sucks!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (fastludeh22)

you need more active, and more proactive moderators to actually clean it up. Sticky Rules are just a band-aid.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some feedback... (satan_srv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by satan_srv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need more active, and more proactive moderators to actually clean it up. Sticky Rules are just a band-aid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im here 9-5 M-F and again at night, i check in throughout the weekends too a few times

i dont post in here all over the place, but i do alot of moving, deleting, editing behind the scenes

Quick Reply: Looking for some feedback...