Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay

hey just wondering if any of you have dealt with a guy named liang xue(imp0rttech). i won an auction for the kit for 2525.00. if you have how was it. it's alot of money so i want to be as cautious as possible. he emailed me that he would only accept money order, check, or paypal. i just don't want to get scammed. thanks
Old 05-11-2001, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay (chance031977)

No way...Ebay insurance will not cover you that high. Force him to do an Escrow, and that you will pay the Escrow fee.
Old 05-11-2001, 07:51 PM
CBR
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay (Digital-R)

I'm thinking about getting a kit through him too, but it sounds "fishy." Hmm, can we all trust him? I emailed the only guy who bought something from him through Ebay and left a response, and he said that the transaction went through fine, BUT he personally picked up the supercharger kit. Hmm....is it worth the risk??? You decide. Let me know how it goes.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:24 PM

Default Re: just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay (ChurchBoyRacer)

thanks for the help. i'm going to force the guy to use escrow. i checked his paypal record and he just recently signed up. he is also unverified. i'm not taking any risk with this much money.
Old 05-14-2001, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait, you won an "auction" to buy an FMAX kit?? so you didn't WIN anything. someone offered to SELL you a turbo kit. get it straight.

if you get it from him, where did he get it? he just buys them and "auctions" them away at a price that is less than full retail? WHY? out of the goodness of his heart??

it's most likely used, damaged, or something else and, since you aren't buying it FROM FMAX, you probably have no warranty, and if there is something wrong with the kit, good luck trying to get help from FMAX.

Sounds like a scam. It sound mor elike a guy selling you a used turbo kit.

you save some $$ but take soem risk that something is wrong and you get fiddlesticked.

good luck.

I would not send that much money to ANYONE on the internet. there are soooo many scams out there. if it too good to be true, it's a scam. don't be dumb.
Old 05-15-2001, 02:20 AM

Default Re: just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay (23109VC)

DAMN relax man. from the way your writing sounds like you were scammed buying a turbo from this guy. I said I was thinking about it. I didn't say that I sent out the money already. Anyway I decided to not buy the turbo because I didn't want to take the risk. I appreciate the concern though.
Old 05-15-2001, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very good choice. But for future refernce go to http://www.iescrow.com. They are very good and I have used them in the past.

1. You pay the escrow company the money
2. They send the seller an e-mail to send you the product.
3. You receive the product and have 3 days to fully examine it.
4. E-mail the escrow company that everyhting is fine.
5. They send the seller your money.

VERY SAFE!!
Old 05-15-2001, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

On the flip side, I hear that the sellers don't like iescrow because sellers can get screwed.

When the buyer sees the stuff, sometimes he/she has enough time to swipe/switch the stuff, and can reject it, sending erroneous (if any) product back to the seller. All the buyer is out is the escrow fee. The seller is out of product. Kind of sucks that way, don't you think?
Old 05-15-2001, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay (pter)

Very true and common... there is no real fool proof way, not even COD
Old 05-15-2001, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eBay can be a good place to shop, or a bad one. Depends who you deal with. I've been an eBay member for a LOOONG time now. I'll give you some tips.

1. ALWAYS check their status. (Stars) See how many they have. The more the better! Don't deal with anyone under 5 stars! Too risky!

2. Ask for their home phone number after you win. Talk to him in person. That way you can make sure...

3. If you send money order or check, certify the mail with insurance. If you do, he will have to sign a paper as he recieved his money, saying he recieved it and that the Address is correct. You will get proof. This will cost you about an extra $3.00, but trust me... its worth it.

4. Ask him if the product is new, and in mint condition. Ask him alot of things.

eBay can be a very good place to shop if you can find the people right. There are distributers that get mass products, and sells them on eBay. That's why they are so cheap. Beware, there are people who FAKE sells... I've been ripped off once for some taillights. Cost me $223.50. ebay only insures up to $200.00, plus they take off $25.00 for the hassle. So you basically only get $175.00...

just becareful..
Old 05-16-2001, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay (GS-Racer)

I'm relaxed. I'm just pointing otu that what you posted made NO sense.

Use your common sense. You won an auction to buy something??? Those are the OLDEST scams in the book. They tell you that you WON something, then you find out that to get your prize... you have to pay some sum of money.

If you "won" it, tell them to send it to you for free. Othewise you "didn't win nuthin"

Old 05-17-2001, 01:58 AM

Default Re: just won an auction on fmax kit from ebay (23109VC)

sorry, didn't know i was being graded on this post.