Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Insight on the Prelude...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutly right BB4, each to his own... None-the-less those pep-boys alumi wings are ghey.

The only thing I don't like about my car is that I don't get to drive it enough.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Insight on the Prelude... (Chump2515)

I have a 92 Si I purchased brand new in July 92. I love it as much now as when I first got it. I had an Accord LXi coupe before it and when the "new" restyled Preludes came out my MOTHER was the one who saw one at the dealer (she purchased a new Accord just before that) and told me I should go check it out. I drove the "S" model first since there was no Si on the lot, but I went back and tried a silver Si. What a difference from the S to the Si!

As far as color, I planned to stick with white- the same as my Accord coupe, but Mom again saw a silver Prelude at the dealership and told me to check it out. I'm definitely glad I took her advice because I love how the curves of the car really show in the silver, plus it looks clean even when it's really dirty. My family has purchased over 15 Hondas from the same dealer, so our frequent visits paid off in my case.

Even at this point I get a lot of interest from Euro drivers (BMW, M/B, Audi, even a new Maserati converible) ask me about the car. I have no body kit- just the Honda rear spoiler, lowered, wheels, exhaust from what you see on the outside. First they are surprised it's a 92, and second they are shocked when I tell them it's a Honda Prelude. It usually happens the same way: I notice them peeking around the pumps to see the car, and then when they come out after paying they give it a long look as they walk by or ask me about the car at that point. It's funny when you see the look on their faces when they realize the car is a Honda. They all tell me how they like the style of the car, and the silver really accentuates the car's curves and makes it appear like a much more expensive car. My boyfriend didn't believe me when I told him some of the encounters I had, but then he finally saw one for himself.

I am giving a big thumbs-up to the 92-96 Preludes since I still love how mine looks and it handles like crazy. There are a lot of aftermarket parts out there, especially for the H22 engine, but my H23 has had a lot of bolt-on upgrades which really made a big difference. My Prelude isn't going anywhere in the near future!

BionicKris