Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

F22b2 block+H22a1 head, F22 VTEC, F22B/VTEC

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (prelittlelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelittlelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah i mean this hasn't been all that easy, mainly because no one has done it and if they have there is little to no information

so im kind of just figuring things out as i go. but the more i am doing this, the more i see how the h and F are alike, and i can see the minor differences in the machineing process of the blocks h vs. f

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't get me wrong, cause I'm not gonna run out and try it, but I was just saying that I love the way you guys are trying it and give you much respect for it. I mean, without people like you, honda tuners wouldn't have a lot of different head/motor combos...not to change the subject, but did anyone see the awd integra project in honda tuning??
Old 03-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (ph8ed4life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ph8ed4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but did anyone see the awd integra project in honda tuning?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

practicaly have the artical memorized, its pretty sweet,

but hopefully i will have the time tonight, i will finish dremeling the motor mount, get everything tourqued down, put the side covers on, finish the water pipe, and i will be very close to motor install time
Old 03-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelittlelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was thinking of usinga rebuilt turbo from the ford thunderbird, its got a 60a/r on the compressor, and then i was thinking using .48 a/r housing, but do you think that will run out of breath, i also have a .63 a/r housing i was contemplating using.
i know i will spool alot faster with the .48, but im not sure if its going to run out of air

the other option was buying a brand new TO4E 60 trim with a .63 a/r housing</TD></TR></TABLE>

the ford being a t3 i presume...go w/the .63. i have a .70 a/r to4s compressor, .82 t3 turbine...which i love, but you should go down....i just wouldnt go to .48 thats too small.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fastludeh22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastludeh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the ford being a t3 i presume...go w/the .63. i have a .70 a/r to4s compressor, .82 t3 turbine...which i love, but you should go down....i just wouldnt go to .48 thats too small.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes the ford turbo is a t3, im still not sure as to use the rebuilt t3 or a new to4e

how much boost you runing and when do you hit full boost?
Old 03-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

running around 10 right now...hit full around 5500-6, but i have the boost controller duty cycle all the way down, cause if i spool it earlier it will over boost...shitty drag mani
Old 03-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i start seeing boost as low as 2500
Old 03-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a comera with video and sound, when is the lucky day?
Old 03-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stareatsun)

well i got the mount worked out today.

using the prelude mount with the f22b2 block requied some modifications, i don't know if i had chosen a f22a1 block if the h22/h23 mount would have been a direct bolt up.

but if anyone else attempts this, and is going to use a f22b2 block i sugest just using the accourd mount braket and accord engine mount.

with the h22 mount cutom fit onto the f22b2 block it is slightly angled. im not very worried because i think the mount will take up the angle, but its going to be something that i keep my eye on.

the mor ei get into this the more i wish i had used a f22a1, i think alot of things i ran into would either be no existant, or be easyier to deal, this isn't to say the its not going to work, just some things to look out for when using a f22b2 bottom end. i would cetianly be interested if someone were to do this with their f22a1 block.

as far as when the engine it going to start up, well im not sure yet. pretty much everything is done, but i have heard reinstalling the motor is a biotch, because of the engine mounts lining up just right. but intital start up will be with a craptastic dc sports 4-2-1 header, stock exhaust, and stock ecu, on stock possibly slight retarted timing.

adam- can the video camera of yours do digital ? or would you have to convert it?
Old 03-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea it digital. it my camera, it cant take fideo, in 5.o megapixel. I just need a bidder mem card.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stareatsun)

As far as installing the engine, I would put it in without the crank pulley. Those couple extra inches can come in real handy. Then lower the engine in tranny first at about a 45 degree angle. Once the tranny clears the tranny side engine mount in the bay, then start dropping the opposite end while watching for clearance, wires, hoses, shift cables etc. Once the engine is level in the bay, get the tranny side mount in place first. It doesn't have to be bolted tight, just get it loose in place or you'll really have to wrestle with it later. Then just hook everything else up...
Old 03-11-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (flyrod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flyrod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as installing the engine, I would put it in without the crank pulley. Those couple extra inches can come in real handy. Then lower the engine in tranny first at about a 45 degree angle. Once the tranny clears the tranny side engine mount in the bay, then start dropping the opposite end while watching for clearance, wires, hoses, shift cables etc. Once the engine is level in the bay, get the tranny side mount in place first. It doesn't have to be bolted tight, just get it loose in place or you'll really have to wrestle with it later. Then just hook everything else up...</TD></TR></TABLE>

believe me the only prob we'll have is that dam hoist!
Old 03-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

Man I have been watching this post and am happy that someone finally proved it can be done. I have been thinking about doing this w/ a F22A1 block and an H23a head and, boosting it. Keep up the great work !
Old 03-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, What are the things that don't have to be done if you are using the F22A1 block? Any pics of f22a1 vs. f22b 1 or 2 blocks?
Old 03-11-2004, 03:14 PM

ill get tom to post more info later...he's ova the girlez house
Old 03-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (spirit7627)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spirit7627 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man I have been watching this post and am happy that someone finally proved it can be done. I have been thinking about doing this w/ a F22A1 block and an H23a head and, boosting it. Keep up the great work !</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah that probably will be pretty sick, also with the h23 head you don't have to plug any of the oil holes, and also i think that the f22al water pipe might match strait up to the h23 head

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spirit7627 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, What are the things that don't have to be done if you are using the F22A1 block? Any pics of f22a1 vs. f22b 1 or 2 blocks?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wish i had this many blocks kicking around (im not one of those kids with like 3 spare blocks ) i haven't seen the f22a1 or f22b1 ripped down. maybe some day when i get more time if i rip one apart i will know the differences by sight.

but if anyone has a f22a1 block and they want to give it a try, i will definatly be willing to help out as much as i can. the mount will probably bolt right up from a h22 to a f22a1, tranny will bolt up no prob, and i think the one thing you can't get around is dremeling the head gasket, becasue i think if you don't you will get shitty cooling. and i used the f23 head gasket becasue the bore is 87, 1mm over the stock bore 86mm ,so the 87 matches up real nice to the h22

what i really need is some people to come help me work on it. its really not that hard, just look up torque specs , help **** and moan at the shitty hoist i have, and then throw some back
Old 03-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (prelittlelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelittlelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what i really need is some people to come help me work on it. its really not that hard, just look up torque specs , help **** and moan at the shitty hoist i have, and then throw some back</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would def. be there...but i live in ga
Old 03-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (fastludeh22)

what i really need is some people to come help me work on it. its really not that hard, just look up torque specs , help **** and moan at the shitty hoist i have, and then throw some back</TD></TR></TABLE>

if only you were in SoCal
Old 03-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (fastludeh22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastludeh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i would def. be there...but i live in ga
</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGPrelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if only you were in SoCal</TD></TR></TABLE>

hehe thanks guys, maybe if the friends i have that lived closer wern't working or banging their girlfriends all the time we could get some work done , but hope to atleast get the motor dropped in by this weekend, not sure if i will be able to start it, but we will see.

what you guys think stock p13 should be just fine for a start and idle?
Old 03-12-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Re: (prelittlelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelittlelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hehe thanks guys, maybe if the friends i have that lived closer wern't working or banging their girlfriends all the time we could get some work done , but hope to atleast get the motor dropped in by this weekend, not sure if i will be able to start it, but we will see.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
hahaha he's talkin about me....ok ok ill come help ya....

its going in tommorrow

if we work hard enough...maybe we'll even get it running...now that would be sweet
Old 03-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (drumking15)

tomorrow hmmmmm. ill be there but i dont know what time. i gotta make a run to CT to get my new CRX
What time this gonna happen, cuz i wanna be there with my vid camera.
p13 ecu should be good though for basemaps. if its not, u will know when u crank.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Re: (stareatsun)

wow some very interesting reading here. Imma bookmark this info.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (skunk2unerz)

I can't wait...is it in yet...this thread has me drooling!!
Old 03-13-2004, 11:22 AM

workin on it right now motors in the air ready to be dropped in
Old 03-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (drumking15)

AWESOME!
Old 03-13-2004, 01:19 PM

motors in...just torqin the mounts and doin stupid stuff

Quick Reply: F22b2 block+H22a1 head, F22 VTEC, F22B/VTEC