Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

DEAFLUDE/NUTTYVTEC's 92 Prelude S "Bella" build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEAFLUDE/NUTTYVTEC's 92 Prelude S "Bella" build thread

Hi everyone!

I have this nuttyvtec username since 2007 when I had my 1994 civic coupe AKA EJ1 but the civic is long gone because it wasn't my motivated car. Ive been wanting a 4th gen prelude since my high school back in early 2000 and finally I got the 4th gen back in 2011. I created "deaflude" in all prelude forums because I, myself is deaf and I own a 92' Prelude so DEAFLUDE! A lot of people know me from other forums and I should build a thread on this site just in case if some of you aren't member on other prelude forums. I have **** load of pics from mid 2011 till now but Ill just post some pics in the past and post more pics of whats the current state of my prelude now. My bella is a weekend warrior and is a garage queen. She is 92' Prelude with JDM F22B sohc verison with JDM H22 auto transmission. I am in processing to do 5 speed swap and looking for JDM h22 black top. She is currently into stance mode but she will become functional mode in a year or so. Ive collected a lot of rare function parts for her. Here are the pics!

Heres my 94' civic coupe ej1 when I had it.

April 11, 2011:

Mid 2011:

hated the paint so painted satin black!

Late 2011:
5 luggin swap:

Mid 2012:

Late 2012:

2013: OEM wheels all the way (wheel ****** lol)

2014:
I stepped my game up and bought legitimate charge speed and had value sports skirts and rear lip imported from Japan thru my friend Curtis.

needed paint job! fade due to damn florida sun!

Got legitimate azect eyelids

did the first retrofit. Morimoto h1 projectors with gattlin gun shrouds in jdm one pieces

Late 2014:

For whole 2015 was kinda bad year but I made it thru:
Last picture before it sent to major body work and paint job

JUN:

Rarest Custom evil roof spoiler from group buy back in early 2000 thru prelude forums (I got it off second hand)

Got the 17x8/9 +35 BBS LM's (reverse mounted to +20 all way around) imported from Japan

Polished and powder coated

Rare Falken ZE-512 215/40/17 all way around (very high demand for stretch tires) I got last 4 left in the florida off Tire Discount that had them on shelf for long time. They have been discontinued since 2011.

Mounted and they are ready to go

OEM two fins nostrils modified to hallowed nostrils:

Sold JDM one pieces with morimoto h1 projectors and step my game up to do minty JDM one pieces with DUAL TSX-R projectors!

Final result:

Two mugen spoilers! I sold one for profit and keeping one!

Sent my bella to the paint job for major body work and paint job and at the same time where Ive hit bottom but Ive came out and ok now.

While 2015 time; Ive been collecting all function parts for my function collection for my bella to become function in the future.

Collected the rare OEM BNIB parts for my bella:
BNIB OEM Front windshield molding (installed)

BNIB OEM Passenger side quarter glass (not yet installed) My friend in germany just got BNIB OEM driver side quarter glass. He is holding it for me.

BNIB OEM front amber signal corners (installed)

here are a lot of pics of RARE, OEM, JDM, ETC parts but too many pics so those pics I added are good enough.

NOW 2016! :-) MANY MANY **** LOAD OF PARTS INSTALLED.

Heres the pic of me and my bella

5 years ownership of my bella. She never let me stranded!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DEAFLUDE/NUTTYVTEC's 92 Prelude S "Bella" build thread

Just small update:

Function parts added in my function mode collection!

Rarest of rare progress sway bars front and rear 27mm with custom endlinks

BNIB Samco radiator hoses for my mishimoto radiator!

I bought used ksports coils to replace my Koni/GC for temporary because I bought new front koni from private unauthorized reseller so unfortunately the lifetime warranty is voided and I bought Ground Controls AKA GC coils used off second hand which is not count lifetime warranty. The only thing the count for lifetime warranty is I bought rear koni shocks straight from Koni so I sold the front Konis and GC coils so I can get front Konis and GC brand new straight from their factory in order to have lifetime warranty but for now Ill use ksports for awhile till I have enough money to buy front Koni/GC then Ill sell ksports coils

Last Feb 17, my friends host a birthday party for me at Texas De Brazil (nice restaurant) and they got me this birthday cake! lol

I picked up another rare nose mask bra BUT the hood bra is from USDM full mask bra. The fender pieces is CDM which is very rare. Ill be using them for highway trips and not touch my BNIB nose mask bra which is on top. I was offered $700 for top one but I denied the offer.

My friend made me this picture LOL

My 5 years ownership of my bella since I bought her back in April 2011

My gift to my bella for 5 years never left me stranded!
Works Bell flipper, quick release and lock system!
Pioneer double din with pioneer back up camera
Alpine Type S speakers front and rear

Since my prelude is ready for car shows so I submitted for VIP parking lot at Sunshine Stance meet and got approved to park as a VIP!

I did the whole stuff a day before Sunshine Stance meet. Whew very exhausted!

Deep car washed

Mother Clay bar!

Mother Wax!

Mother polish my BBS LM's

The funny thing.... When I arrived to the car meet and parked as a VIP and I was told to park in near where the slammed sedan booth at so I did and instantly The owner of teal Miata noticed the same color and want to park next to me. Im like lol and say nothing. Again other teal cressida with supra motor swapped park next to Miata just because same color. smh lol.

Heres the short video of Sunshine Stance Meet (short video smh and you'll see my prelude on this video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR4X...ature=youtu.be

Heres the short video of my bella. It is my first time to do go pro video so Im learning!

Here are the throwback pics!

Same area but different day lol

same area but different day!

Here are the most current pics!

Thats all for now! :-)
Old 05-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

double post oops lol

Last edited by nuttyvtec; 05-10-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice Lude! The car really has come a long way since it was that ugly yellow. I really like the blue paint! One thought... The car looks much better without the eyelids...
I prefer the clean stock lines of the headlights with the black nostrils. The car looks more aggressive and less cluttered without the eyelids. The eyelids make the car look like it's half asleep and makes the front end look a bit "messy". Otherwise the car looks good.
Now all you need is an H22 under the hood. Be sure to keep us updated!
Old 05-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Nakajima
Nice Lude! The car really has come a long way since it was that ugly yellow. I really like the blue paint! One thought... The car looks much better without the eyelids...
I prefer the clean stock lines of the headlights with the black nostrils. The car looks more aggressive and less cluttered without the eyelids. The eyelids make the car look like it's half asleep and makes the front end look a bit "messy". Otherwise the car looks good.
Now all you need is an H22 under the hood. Be sure to keep us updated!
Thank you! I understand but it is your opinion. A lot, I repeat a lot people love them on Facebook prelude groups and other forums. It made the front end look aggressive with those JDM one piece headlights with TSX-R projectors. Of course, I have different front end look stages. Not just one. Here are the pics. Yes I am looking for the JDM black top h22 at this moment. JDM shops in my town ran out and Im waiting for their next shipment which can take up to two months. :-(

with hallowed nostrls color matched nostrils

with black hallowed nostrils

with azect eyelids

Heres the clearly pic of my 5 speed transmission that will mount up with future h22.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nuttyvtec
Yes I am looking for the JDM black top h22 at this moment. JDM shops in my town ran out and Im waiting for their next shipment which can take up to two months. :-(
That transmission sure is clean! She'll be totally transformed from a driving point of view, once you have that 5 speed transmission and H22 dropped in.
Alternatively, you can always turbocharge the F22 (if the car is mostly used on weekends). Turbo F22's make good power and can be reliable if built properly with forged internals, but a normally aspirated H22 will probably be better for a daily driver, which is why I went with an H22.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Nakajima
That transmission sure is clean! She'll be totally transformed from a driving point of view, once you have that 5 speed transmission and H22 dropped in.
Alternatively, you can always turbocharge the F22 (if the car is mostly used on weekends). Turbo F22's make good power and can be reliable if built properly with forged internals, but a normally aspirated H22 will probably be better for a daily driver, which is why I went with an H22.
Ive thought about that since f22 is iron block but I decide not to because it'll be pointless to invest $ into some single jiggles plus in the future, I would like to go for kswap so JDM h22 black top will do just fine for few years.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:24 AM
I live under a rock

Wow man - excellent job with the car. I dig it.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, it has been awhile since I saw your car. The paint absolutely turned it around, from what looked like a thrown together afterthought, to a clean and complete vision.

Everyone has their own opinions on styles, and as long as you like it as it is, is what counts!

Just for thought, if you plan to go K in the future, and the single cammer is not giving you issues, why do an H in the middle? Just save the coin towards the final engine. Every swap, even a simple F22 to H22 has extra hurdles that cost more than expected, so best to avoid those the first time.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spoolinlude
Wow man - excellent job with the car. I dig it.
Thank you for the kind words.

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Wow, it has been awhile since I saw your car. The paint absolutely turned it around, from what looked like a thrown together afterthought, to a clean and complete vision.

Everyone has their own opinions on styles, and as long as you like it as it is, is what counts!

Just for thought, if you plan to go K in the future, and the single cammer is not giving you issues, why do an H in the middle? Just save the coin towards the final engine. Every swap, even a simple F22 to H22 has extra hurdles that cost more than expected, so best to avoid those the first time.
Well, to be honest, it is somewhat too late because I already collect the parts are for H22 and the transmission... All I need is JDM black top h22 long block and good quality clutch kit to move forward. Not just only that, my f22 giving an oil light once in a while. From my research, the crankshaft bearing going bad so H22 would be good start to replace the current motor. I can start collecting K swap stuff slowly and at the same time, save the money for weld, shave and paint the bay but probably in few years tho.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

Super clean lude man. Love the color. I've always had a thing for these cars. The styling and interior is just so appealing. I attempted to buy one once upon a time only to find out that I'm way too tall to fit in one comfortably haha. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember back when you first started coming around. Glad you stuck with it! There are a few things I'd do differently, but it looks amazing now.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:53 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah if you get an intermittent flashing oil light, that engine is on it's last legs. I know I loved when I first went from an H23 to H22, so I can't even imagine how much fun it will be for you!
Old 05-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aradin
Super clean lude man. Love the color. I've always had a thing for these cars. The styling and interior is just so appealing. I attempted to buy one once upon a time only to find out that I'm way too tall to fit in one comfortably haha. Keep up the good work.
Haha, thanks man!

Originally Posted by 95greenlude
I remember back when you first started coming around. Glad you stuck with it! There are a few things I'd do differently, but it looks amazing now.
Could you tell me your opinion. I would like to know. Wont hurt me. I know stance thing is getting old but my bella will become function mode in the end of year or so.

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Yeah if you get an intermittent flashing oil light, that engine is on it's last legs. I know I loved when I first went from an H23 to H22, so I can't even imagine how much fun it will be for you!
Yeah, can't wait to get h22!
Old 05-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great job man! That is one sexy 4th gen!!! For sure
Old 05-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nuttyvtec

Could you tell me your opinion. I would like to know. Wont hurt me. I know stance thing is getting old but my bella will become function mode in the end of year or so.
I'd just build it the opposite you did. I'd do engine first then body. Other than that the wheel fitment is great, just those stretched tires. Get some 235 or 245's all the way around.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What a transformation! Nice to see someone take pride in their 4th gen.

Just curious though..why swap in a sohc jdm engine and a jdm auto transmission, when you could of just done the h22 swap at that time? Direct swap since base model has an f22?
Old 05-23-2016, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mykizism
Great job man! That is one sexy 4th gen!!! For sure

Thank you!

Originally Posted by 95greenlude
I'd just build it the opposite you did. I'd do engine first then body. Other than that the wheel fitment is great, just those stretched tires. Get some 235 or 245's all the way around.
We have different taste. I like stance and function wheels both. I love the "look". I am all about the look and style. I, myself never like to go fast but once in a while I like to drive aggressive which is why Ill get my bella become function in the end of this year or so. Since I am done with exterior so now start focusing the engine bay. When My bella become function, I plan to go for 17x8+35 (work emotion xd9, regamaster or TE37... Mostly like XD9) with 235/40 Nitto NT05 all way around. I just got 17x8/9 +45 ENKEI RPF1s I just recently traded my 08' Civic Si wheels for. I couldn't refuse the offer so Ill use them as rolling wheels with some nice all season 235/40 for now. They will be good temporary wheels while I sell the BBS in the end of this year to buy the legitimate function wheels I wanted.

Originally Posted by Northernlightz
What a transformation! Nice to see someone take pride in their 4th gen.

Just curious though..why swap in a sohc jdm engine and a jdm auto transmission, when you could of just done the h22 swap at that time? Direct swap since base model has an f22?

Actually the previous owner blew the rod and put JDM F22B in it. The original transmission was fine till 2012 or 2013, it lost its first gear meaning I have to change shift to d2 then jump to D. It is pain in *** so I had to change the transmission fast plus timing, it is wrong time to convert to 5 speed because it was my daily for work, family and etc. Now Bella is a weekend warrior and is sleeping in the garage. I have another daily so it is good start to do JDM h22 and 5 speed swap time. I am currently looking for JDM black top h22 now.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Small update:

Last week I put my 08' Civic Si wheels with tires up for sell since I have no use to them but someone message me want to know if want to trade Si wheels with tires for some RPF1S with good tires but the catch is one wheel is damaged. Trade is straight up. I couldn't refuse the offer because I could use rpf1 as temporary rolling wheels with summer tires so I can sell the BBS at the end of year. Front: 17x8 +45 and Rear: 17x9 +45. All I need to get one 17x8 to have a complete set of RPF1s. Not bad!

I have a contact thru Thailand that will make 4th gen prelude logo sills for the OEM door plastic sills. The shipping from thailand was very expensive so i decided to order first lot of 6 set over a week ago so I can sell 5 set and its SOLD OUT already lol. I have 5 luders in my Facebook friend list dibs those parts and ready to send the payment as soon as I get them. Ive been thinking to get more sets but If I decide to do it, it'll be the last and final second lot because I like to keep it rarity and not only that, shipping from Thailand wasn't worth it but I had to have it since Honda never made anything for 4th gen. Only 5th gen. If I decide to bring in the second lot and if your interested, please let me know but keep in mind, that price is not cheap because of shipping issue from Thailand.

There is well known Tuner Evolution car meet which will be at Daytona Beach, FL on June 18th at Ocean Center. To be honest, I felt my lude might not be worthy because it is top of line car show but I noticed Big mike on his instagram stated he will be there which I want to meet him because He is the reason why I got my bella. He inspired me. I talked to him really brief about the car show and he told me regardless I should try submit my bella so I gave it a try and BAM My bella is approved to be one of VIPS for outdoor. Look like Ill have major car wash and wax on my bella the day before the car show.

On May 21st, there is biggest JDM BEACH in Daytona beach where all car enthusiasts going there with their cars to chill, swim, cook out and etc. I was driving and on the way to the beach and there is a dude in his nice TSX slammed on Works wheels past by me and slowed down and roll with me till we stopped at the light, he open his window and ask me to roll the window down and told me he love my prelude so much. He asked me to see if I can follow him and pull into gas station so he can take pics of my prelude. I said sure. When we got there and I learned he own an instagram account that is very well known to honda/acura community. His IG is World Wide Hondas. He want to feature my pics on his instagram so I said sure!!!! here are the pics he took at gas station near highway.

When I arrived to the north side gate beach side that where the small number of prelude group there so I went there to park and chill with them a little bit for awhile.

Some of luders left for lunch so I decide to leave too for lunch and then afterward, I went to the main beach gate which is the JDM beach host at. Oh my god, my bella broke people's neck so badly because you know prelude with this lip kit on legitimate wheels is not something you see everyday and very unique. I had a lot of pics from different people but unfortunately they were bad and blurry shots from their ****ty phones so I decide not to put it on here. Just two clearly shots.

A girl took of this picture because she love the color. (She tagged me on the pics on some local Facebook groups for this picture)

There is another girl who like how my prelude look so she took a pic of it.

As soon as I reach to the point where a lot of people taking pics of peoples ride front end and rear end, I saw the same dude who own TSX wanna take a pic of my bella so he did again.

I roll slowly so people can take pics of my bella but someone from 8th floor hotel knew me from prelude groups so she took a video of my bella lol! Please click this picture to guide you the link to see the video.

After the beach day, I went to home very exhausted... Someone in EK coupe love my bella so took a picture. He found me thru local Facebook group and tagged me for this picture.

In the few days after May 21st, my bella need major car wash because I have to water away the beach sand to prevent rust so I did the whole thing and car wash too. There is no car show, meet and etc till Tuner Evolution car show on June 18th so now my bella is fresh and sleeping under the rare prelude cover.

Also few days after JDM beach day. There are 4 well known instagram tagged me for these pics. I got a lot of likes and followers from them. It is awesome.

Thats all for now!
Old 05-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Small update:

Last week I put my 08' Civic Si wheels with tires up for sell since I have no use to them but someone message me want to know if want to trade Si wheels with tires for some RPF1S with good tires but the catch is one wheel is damaged. Trade is straight up. I couldn't refuse the offer because I could use rpf1 as temporary rolling wheels with summer tires so I can sell the BBS at the end of year. Front: 17x8 +45 and Rear: 17x9 +45. All I need to get one 17x8 to have a complete set of RPF1s. Not bad!

I have a contact thru Thailand that will make 4th gen prelude logo sills for the OEM door plastic sills. The shipping from thailand was very expensive so i decided to order first lot of 6 set over a week ago so I can sell 5 set and its SOLD OUT already lol. I have 5 luders in my Facebook friend list dibs those parts and ready to send the payment as soon as I get them. Ive been thinking to get more sets but If I decide to do it, it'll be the last and final second lot because I like to keep it rarity and not only that, shipping from Thailand wasn't worth it but I had to have it since Honda never made anything for 4th gen. Only 5th gen. If I decide to bring in the second lot and if your interested, please let me know but keep in mind, that price is not cheap because of shipping issue from Thailand.

There is well known Tuner Evolution car meet which will be at Daytona Beach, FL on June 18th at Ocean Center. To be honest, I felt my lude might not be worthy because it is top of line car show but I noticed Big mike on his instagram stated he will be there which I want to meet him because He is the reason why I got my bella. He inspired me. I talked to him really brief about the car show and he told me regardless I should try submit my bella so I gave it a try and BAM My bella is approved to be one of VIPS for outdoor. Look like Ill have major car wash and wax on my bella the day before the car show.

On May 21st, there is biggest JDM BEACH in Daytona beach where all car enthusiasts going there with their cars to chill, swim, cook out and etc. I was driving and on the way to the beach and there is a dude in his nice TSX slammed on Works wheels past by me and slowed down and roll with me till we stopped at the light, he open his window and ask me to roll the window down and told me he love my prelude so much. He asked me to see if I can follow him and pull into gas station so he can take pics of my prelude. I said sure. When we got there and I learned he own an instagram account that is very well known to honda/acura community. His IG is World Wide Hondas. He want to feature my pics on his instagram so I said sure!!!! here are the pics he took at gas station near highway.

When I arrived to the north side gate beach side that where the small number of prelude group there so I went there to park and chill with them a little bit for awhile.

Some of luders left for lunch so I decide to leave too for lunch and then afterward, I went to the main beach gate which is the JDM beach host at. Oh my god, my bella broke people's neck so badly because you know prelude with this lip kit on legitimate wheels is not something you see everyday and very unique. I had a lot of pics from different people but unfortunately they were bad and blurry shots from their ****ty phones so I decide not to put it on here. Just two clearly shots.

A girl took of this picture because she love the color. (She tagged me on the pics on some local Facebook groups for this picture)

There is another girl who like how my prelude look so she took a pic of it.

As soon as I reach to the point where a lot of people taking pics of peoples ride front end and rear end, I saw the same dude who own TSX wanna take a pic of my bella so he did again.

I roll slowly so people can take pics of my bella but someone from 8th floor hotel knew me from prelude groups so she took a video of my bella lol! Please click this picture to guide you the link to see the video.

After the beach day, I went to home very exhausted... Someone in EK coupe love my bella so took a picture. He found me thru local Facebook group and tagged me for this picture.

In the few days after May 21st, my bella need major car wash because I have to water away the beach sand to prevent rust so I did the whole thing and car wash too. There is no car show, meet and etc till Tuner Evolution car show on June 18th so now my bella is fresh and sleeping under the rare prelude cover.

Also few days after JDM beach day. There are 4 well known instagram tagged me for these pics. I got a lot of likes and followers from them. It is awesome.

Thats all for now!
Old 05-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking good!