Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (specialedition)

nice numbers man

do you have any closer pics of the engine code and
stamp number?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (OTT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that aint all that clean, Anyway its a swap. They'll have used somthing like brake clean and given ita quick spikNspan. In Business a products' clean apearence is good for keeping post purchase syndrome at bay</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, i was just stating that the head may have been played with before he bought it...Anyways its not all that clean but def. cleaner then the block. like i said just a thought...But i give the guy props
Old 08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
EK22snatch

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that aint all that clean, Anyway its a swap. They'll have used somthing like brake clean and given ita quick spikNspan. In Business a products' clean apearence is good for keeping post purchase syndrome at bay</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats so true man. i know for sure at my shop we'd never let an engine leave with a dirty looking valve cover - especially if youre doing a full swap.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:09 PM
RTFM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

id want to see SAE corrected figures as well, with manipulation of the barometric pressure and temp readngs etc it is possible to alter the hp quite a bit wth STD readings. eitehr way it seems like a nice strong engine.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

ok we think that this particular jdm motor h22a has a set of after market cams on it not sure what type though --- untill I take a peak inside --- i
Old 08-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (specialedition)

i will get sae corrected numbers however i bet they would still be in the high 180s to low 190s -- soon
Old 08-09-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (SKDRCR)

Yes get the SAE numbers. For Example: On my previous Prelude VTEC my STD numbers were 189whp and 150+ wtq with:

-AEM CAI
-GReddy header
-Stock Cat
-APEXi RS exhaust (muffler disconnected)
-VAFC ghetto "guess" leaned, no A/F reading

Either way though, you're numbers should still be above 190whp or around there I assume. If that's with a full exhaust it's quite impressive.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specialedition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am wondering if there dyno was off or out of adjustment cause I have never seen an h22 dyno over 150 at the wheels before it goes into vtec </TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www3.sympatico.ca/jbycraft/dyno55.jpg

Anyways I suggest trying a different dyno and SAE correction to be sure
Old 08-09-2004, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specialedition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is my dyno from my h22a engine swap it makes me wonder --- the engine came with a fuel regulaor on it is there such a thing as a 4th gen type s in japan please help explain it ,,,,, I nor the folks that installed can

http://www.imagestation.com/my...20001

</TD></TR></TABLE>

holy shiet on a popsicle stick! i hope i'm as lucky as you when i finish my swap lol!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (satan_srv)

ok there is another one.. hehe
Old 08-10-2004, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey dudes, typing from new zealand here, recently got a 01' accord euro-r h22a(same as the 5th gen type-S 220hp factory engines) put into my accord sir-t and had basically just cai/4-1 extractors(yes 4-1 one piece)/kakimoto cat back full exhaust(no cat) and a v-afc2 and the rest are stock internals and achieved this

at the wheels and that's 202.5hp at the wheels.
and oh there is no 4th gen prelude type-s, type-s preludes only came out on the 5th gens.

got more pix if anyone wants any.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (TakeiTeg)

what is a kw= to hp
and what did you engage you re vtec at looks like the crossover point is 2500 - 3000 rpm
Old 08-10-2004, 06:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specialedition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is a kw= to hp</TD></TR></TABLE>
You multiply kw's by 1.341 to get hp. So it's 200.3 hp.

TakeiTeg, is that graph SAE corrected?
Old 08-10-2004, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TakeiTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey dudes, typing from new zealand here, recently got a 01' accord euro-r h22a(same as the 5th gen type-S 220hp factory engines) put into my accord sir-t and had basically just cai/4-1 extractors(yes 4-1 one piece)/kakimoto cat back full exhaust(no cat) and a v-afc2 and the rest are stock internals and achieved this

at the wheels and that's 202.5hp at the wheels.
and oh there is no 4th gen prelude type-s, type-s preludes only came out on the 5th gens.

got more pix if anyone wants any.</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn i hope im tha lucky~!!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (type-t)

is not luck, its the fact that he payed 5grand and up for a euro r swap. lol
Old 08-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (98TypeSH)

sorry, I might be a newbie on this, but what is SAE corrected?
and oh my vtec kicked in at around 5100rpm. got another dyno graph with the revs on.

and 5grand? not really, I import cars here in nz from japan, I got the car for like $just under 4grand, but that included engine/full recaro interior/17" mugen M12 wheels/mugen pedals, well the whole lot.

I got about 143.5kw at the wheels when the engine was put in after 8months in the port of japan, and yea gave it a few small runs, changed the engine oil and came back for another run and got 149.4kw, so i'm pretty confident after a better tuning and more runs I should be able to break into the 150's.

Remember this engine was built in 2001', and that is the final year of the H22A productions on the accord euro-R, so I'm guessing when they made this engine, they tried to make it as perfect as possible trying not to make the same mistakes and have the same bugs that are on the older generation h22a's, so I guess this was the result of it.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TakeiTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry, I might be a newbie on this, but what is SAE corrected?
and oh my vtec kicked in at around 5100rpm. got another dyno graph with the revs on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

SAE is society of automotive engineers...SAE correction is basically taking temperature and air pressure into consideration, and adjusting horsepower figures accordingly. this is the actual method:

http://www.wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm
Old 08-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (charliec)

several of my friends have been to japan the peps that can afford cars like preludes, skylines, and high end r type integras and civics have custom shoppes that specialize in these vehicles -- spoon, jun , advan , they all spend mucho $$$ on R&D and just look at jun racings h series packages and the systems that they use looks like NASA ti me.....
Old 08-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

charliec, in that case nop, not really, I guess we're not that advanced here in new zealand as of yet, but yea it was just one of those hood up fan blowing dynos, engine was rather hot as the dude who dynoed it kept my hood closed for a while, but I am happy specially that the engine is still tight and new.

and yup the very next mod on my list is a jun stage 2 or maybe 2R, head package kit, and for now I really need to do something about my rev limit, basically when vtec kicks in, it's nearly a vertical power increase but few sec's later it his the rev, so if I could increase the redline a bit more it could have a longer and maybe more powerful power delivery.

Will keep you guys posted on how the jun stuff goes!
Old 08-10-2004, 07:56 PM

Those are good numbers. I have Type-S internals in my 91 h22. The car runs good but the valves a bit loud. Even with Type-S internals, i think I would have a hard time running those numbers. I have never done a dyno becaue I do not have the money, but i still do not think it would be that high.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default I wonder if anyone would buy my OBD1 JDM H22A in an 88 Lude :)

Well like the title says, I wonder if anyone would buy my friend's OBD1 JDM H22A in an 1988 Si coupe 5-spd Prelude

The motor pushed 185whp 150tq... generic 3" diameter intake 4" in length (yes very generic) with k&n cone filter... Apex'i VTEC afc (i wonder if that even did anything or ever would on stock motors)

not to mention the super tuff swap... wiring and all kinds of weird stuff...

Will get pix of car tomorrow if anyone was interested... no power steering no a/c no cruise control... damn all the luxury it had is gone! hehe... but moonroof is there ^^ .... and well it's a black prelude... now has oem replacement exhaust with magaflow universal muffler... running on gsr webs (97) but friend looks like he wants to keep those unless you make good offer... but we can throw some 17s on if you'd like... my bro has a set he wants to sell... but yup... let me know thx in advance

Old 08-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i almost put down those number on a JDM h22...and my vafc was set at zero...i got 196 on a dynojet, with 160ft lbs at 4600....and my swap was only 1800 hehe ... but im looking at getting some internal in the head soon, maybe type S stuff or web cam..or maybe even a mild stage one cam, with valves springs retainers ect..but im happy with how my h22 performs now..so well see
Old 08-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can you believe this H22a Jdm Dyno (PreludeRacer023)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PreludeRacer023 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i almost put down those number on a JDM h22...and my vafc was set at zero...i got 196 on a dynojet, with 160ft lbs at 4600....and my swap was only 1800 hehe ... but im looking at getting some internal in the head soon, maybe type S stuff or web cam..or maybe even a mild stage one cam, with valves springs retainers ect..but im happy with how my h22 performs now..so well see</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are the details on this tho? even little things like intake/header/exhaust makes diff