Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber Kit

Ok well i have a set of Eibach Sportlines on my car now and i just ordered new tires, now i need a camber kit for the front and im now 100% sureon which one to get, I was lookin at Ingalls but not sure which size to get, now i do know that my drop was over 1.5" so if anyone could help me figure out which to get let me know, Thanks, o and i was plannin on orderin my stuff from importhorizon.com
Old 09-26-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Camber Kit (PWRDbyHseries)

whats your camber at right now?

just to let you know, i'm at -1.5 all the way around and its never bothered me before.

do you really want less camber? if so, get ingalls or spc.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camber Kit (petern101)

I have no clue what my camber is at, all that i know is that ive had the springs on for about a month and my front tires were showin cordes so i ordered new ones and i want to get the camber kit b4 it happens to them,
Old 09-26-2006, 07:06 PM
wolfpackprelude

i just got a set of cambers put on my lude...your paying for a name...i got mines of ebay for 100.00...that was the whole set and they are working fine...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camber Kit (wolfpackprelude)

What type? Were they the adjustable ball joints or the bushings(rubber or polyurethaine)?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 AM

watchout for the horrible banging.

i forget what style of camber kit bangs under the fender and can knock dents in your engine bay.

i have one on the front right of my lude and it drove me nuts. Raised the car to stock I was only on sport springs too (H+R)
Old 09-27-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Camber Kit (psilo)

well if you are seeing chords in your tires, that means you have toe wear.

basically you need to get an alignment. if you are more than -1.5 then maybe you might need to think about a camber kit.

other than that, you really don't need one.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camber Kit (petern101)

so pretty much what i should do is take it somewhere and atleast get it check to see what camber i am at, and if im less than -1.5 then i wont need on, sorry if i sound like a newb with all this stuff, suspension really isnt my thing
Old 09-27-2006, 02:43 PM

That would be the best choice, cheaper than camber kit + install then allignment. Just go get an allignment and see where you are at.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camber Kit (Chuckles99SH)

well my tires should be here friday, i guess thats what im goin to do, and if i need a camber kit i guess ill be postin for one, either way ill get some pics up in the pic forum and let you all know how it went, thanks for all the help
Old 09-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PWRDbyHseries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so pretty much what i should do is take it somewhere and atleast get it check to see what camber i am at, and if im less than -1.5 then i wont need on, sorry if i sound like a newb with all this stuff, suspension really isnt my thing</TD></TR></TABLE>

you SHOULD have gotten an alignment right after installing your springs. camber really isnt going to play that big of a role in wearing out your tires that quickly, toe is the one that will kill ya.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolfpackprelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your paying for a name...i got mines of ebay for 100.00...that was the whole set and they are working fine...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You never want to go cheap on a suspension part. Who knows what might happen. Ingalls is a popular brand name for a reason. Not because Ingalls has a nice ring to it. You can go cheap on an intake, for example, and if anything screws up, your car isn't in totaled. But ingalls is a proven company. Al

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PWRDbyHseries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have no clue what my camber is at, all that i know is that ive had the springs on for about a month and my front tires were showin cordes so i ordered new ones and i want to get the camber kit b4 it happens to them,</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay if you installed your springs and your tires wore out in about a month then it is definitely your toe angle. Definitely get the alignment asap. you are running pidgeon-toed. Regarding the camber kit, as long as your car isn't a drag car then you don't need zero camber. the negative camber will actually help your cornering which is why you got the springs right? The only reason i think you might need a camber kit is if your camber is less than -2 degrees around or your camber is different from the left than the right. The alignment shop should be able to correct some camber for you, but not as effective as the camber kit.

So if you want a drag/straight line deceleration/incorrect camber-get a camber kit, if not it is not worth the $$.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camber Kit (phatsindabuildin)

well, i will deffinately say this. you really want a camber kit. i lowered my 3rd gen 2.5 all around with neuspeed race springs (when settled) and i didnt get it aligned, and ran it for about... 5k and lets just say i need new tires, like NOW haha. so better to get one, then to have to buy new tires every few months.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like i said b4 the suspension is not really my thing but im startin to learn, I appreciate all the info, and yea i got the springs to handle better and also it looks good lowered, but mainly handling, But its a guarenteed thing that im goin to get alligned on friday, again thanks for all the help
Old 09-27-2006, 06:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MUlrich07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">=well, i will deffinately say this. you really want a camber kit. i lowered my 3rd gen 2.5 all around with neuspeed race springs (when settled) and i didnt get it aligned, and ran it for about... 5k and lets just say i need new tires, like NOW haha. so better to get one, then to have to buy new tires every few months.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason why you needed new tires is because you did not get an alignment. camber does not kill your tires. they will wear so little you can never tell. Just rotate them regularly. The reason why your tires died out so soon is because of TOE. Toe angle is excessive tire wear. The camber kit does not correct the toe, that is what an alignment is for.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PWRDbyHseries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but mainly handling</TD></TR></TABLE>

There you go, about -1 to -1.5 camber is perfect. But like I said the wear is so minimal that it isn't even noticable. Rotate regularly. Btw when you get an alignment, make sure you tell them to ZERO out the toe and to make sure your camber is the same on both sides.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:47 PM

yeah, i think ppl think camber (since the way it is) wears out tires.

little do they know.......its the toe.

and dropping your car 2.5 inches, yeah i might consider getting a camber kit then, but just consider........

and most alignment shops can't correct camber, it is what it is on a prelude.