Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Cam suggestions and other suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam suggestions and other suggestions.

Well now that I have the motor back up and running properly (I think)..... I'm finally starting to come out of the broke-*** phase so I'm looking into getting some cams.

I noticed one of the members here have some Crower Stage 3's for sale that I'm REALLY considering for purchase within the next week or so when enough money is available to cover it..... Problem I have is, my conscience.

Stage 3's are VERY aggressive I know, and I hear that its damn near impossible to get them to idle. What other things are notable about running these cams? Like will low end and mid range driveability suck and the motor just have top end.. or.....??? Also, I assume with the more aggressive profile I can also let er' rev higher. Perhaps 8k or so???

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I know the guy selling em

You may or may not have seen my dyno of those cams, but they made almost the exact same power as stock cams thru the lower rpm range, and then took over at about 6500 IIRC and made about 15whp more at peak again IIRC.

They idle perfectly fine though, jdogg did a shitty job tuning my car and they still idled fine, right at about 800rpm and as smooth as stock cams, even with the misaligned auto->manual swap mounts. They were fine for DD as well even with a shitty tune. With a good tune they'd have probably made more power in the midrange.

They made power until about 8500, so I had my limiter there, I'd usually shift them at about 8200. It landed you in the next gear perfectly at somewhere in the high 6k range. It felt awesome.