Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Brake Line Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Line Problem

one of my brake lines has a tiny hole in it, and its causing me to lose brake fluid constantly, it sprays the underside of my hood and i can see where the hole is.

this was caused by a generic intake that i got from a friend, it had a metal backing on the filter, and that metal was sitting against my brake, and i can only assume that the heat and vibrations are what caused the hole to form.

What can i do about fixing this? do i need to replace the entire brake line?? or is there a way of patching the hole so that it holds pressure??

if i need to replace the brake line, how hard is this and what tools do i need??, a friend told me i would need a flare nut wrench is this correct??

i looked up which line it is at honda automotive, and its a brake line that come off of the proporioner valve assembly on the passenger side of the engine bay. and i believe wraps around the engine bay by the fire wall, and connects to the brake line on the driver side front brake.

PLEASE EXCUSE MY DIRTY ENGINE BAY, ITS 14 YEAR OLD, new engine and extreme cleaning coming soon

any and all help is appreciated thanks
Old 02-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Brake Line Problem (JohnnyTequila)

Eeeek! You can fix that 1 of 2 ways. You can replace the entire line. This would be a big pain in the ***! I would cut the section with the hole out and get 2 flair nuts and a connecter for the two. You'll have to get a flair kit and a line cutter. I build brake systems at least once a week. PM me with your number and I'll walk you through it. If you don't do the flairs just right, you'll be plagued with leaks.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JB weld.

I know it's ghetto, but in the past I have fixed a radiator that got a hole in it with JB quick weld and it is still holding up just fine today.

That's the easy way to go, just make sure to braze and prep the surface as needed.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brake Line Problem (PrecisionH23a)

Ummmm, no. JB weld might work for a rad that sees 17psi, but brakes are entirly different. The brake lines see at least 600psi. Would you want to trust your life on JB weld????
Old 02-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake Line Problem (racerx)

yeah, i definitely wasnt going to do the JB weld thing, that was just an all out dumbass suggestion.

ill email you racerx
Old 02-03-2004, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JohnnyTequila &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The JB weld thing, that was just an all out dumbass suggestion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OWNED!! haha

But honestly... I recomend Duck Tape brand Duct tape. If you stick with the premium brands i think that duct tape will hold and it comes in an assortment of colors too... I've held a wheel together at the strip on more than one occasion...haha and it's endorsed by NASA too

racerx...