Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Axle Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle Problem

Here is the deal...

I had an axle replaced less then a year ago by Les Schwab, and they pretty much gave me one that was already jacked up I could tell.. So the boot finally gave up like about a week ago or so and so I zip tied the boot and proceeded to put my new clutch in.

Today I take the car to Les Schwab to get the axle replaced and the guy calls me and tells me he is not going to do it because the axle had been tampered withh (the zip tie) and I told him I knew what was going on and that I was a tech and I replaced the clutch so I know exactly was wrong with it and he needs to warranty it.

After arguing with this guy for a few minutes he told me he will replace it, but he said he won't give me warranty on it because my car is lowered... So I told him when they replaced in the other les schwab they never told me anything about that.
He was telling me about how the angle of the shaft wasn't the same because the car was lowered and that it would break soon. I told him I knew that, and he tried to tell me because it was lowered he wouldn't warranty the part if he did put it in after this time.

So I was all mad and I told him to just do it and give me the car.

Now the issue is not that he won't warranty it I'm probably going to call their corporate office, because I think if the car was lowered when they replaced it they should it told me something about it...so anyway I'll take care of that...

What I'm worried about is do you guys really think it's really going to affect the axle that bad because the car is lowered?

My car is a 4th gen on KYB AGXs and H&R Race springs which drop it I think about 1.8" or so..

I would like you guys that have a lowered prelude with race springs...have you guys had any problems with your axles? as well as other experts with this..what do you guys think?

Thank you all in advance

Old 04-21-2005, 04:11 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Axle Problem (VTECRaZeR)

Lowering does affect your axles. I had my 5th gen lowered on Tein SS and the CV boot ripped twice within a year.

The shop you're dealing with is shady. They should just fix the thing, they're getting paid for it. I say go find a more mod friendly shop.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Axle Problem (Sticky Tires)

How much did your tein springs lower your car?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:14 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Axle Problem (VTECRaZeR)

1.75-2.0" (1 finger gap all around)

Check my gallery for pics.