Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

98 Lude, DEI 555D immobilizer bypass, flashing immobilizer light

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 10:20 PM
vng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Lude, DEI 555D immobilizer bypass, flashing immobilizer light

I've installed the DEI 555D device to bypass the immobilizer system for remote start. It's mated with the Intellistart IV from Clifford.

The car starts remotely OK but the green immobilizer light won't stop flashing after the car starts up. The car runs fine so I am assuming the ECM got the OK from the immobilizer to start. But the immobilizer control unit must still think something is wrong because it's sending signals to flash the light.

I've checked the helms manual, and it mentions that the light will flash when you try to start up with an incorrect key. And will continue to flash until you remove the key. But this is a strange situation since there is no key! The only way to stop the blinking is to stop ignition, regardless if I insert and/or remove the key from the keyhole.

To be as specific as possible, here's a quick look at the wiring:

- BRN/YEL Data wire from Immobilizer to ECM is CUT; and 555D goes inbetween
- YEL/BLK Ignition wire from Immobilizer to PGM-FI is CUT; 555D goes inbetween
- GRAY from Immobilizer(clutch depressed, this sees ground); 555D taps into this
- LT BLUE from Immobilizer(starter cut relay); 555D taps into this
- "Key Sensing" Wire is also tapped by 555D; this wire sees ground when key is in ignition. I've found this wire to be 3B on connector C410 (it's found in the "Lights-on reminder" section for the Prelude electrical troubleshooting and wiring book)

Those are all the pertinent connections, the remaining are for battery power, ground and remote-start status.

Everything works fine when I start up the car the good old fashion way, thank goodness. Does anyone here use remote start for the 5th gen? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!!!