Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

4th Gen Sunroof Size Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Gen Sunroof Size Question

Hey guys- I've been searching and can't seem to find an answer, so I figured I'd ask the Prelude experts.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the 4th gen Prelude steel sunroof panel, and/or would it fit in a DC2 Integra sunroof hole?

I know it seems like a strange question- so a little background. I'm in the middle of my 3rd rally car build, cage is done, and I've been contemplating smarter ways to plug the sunroof hole than what I've done in the past (short of replacing the roof skin). On the way home today, I noticed a 4th gen with a steel panel, and I'm hoping it will fit (if I can find one in the junkyard), or at least be too big so I can cut it down and weld it in. Rally rules dictate that the sunroof hole has to be covered with steel and welded in, so the fancy carbon plugs aren't an option for me. Thanks for any info!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 4th Gen Sunroof Size Question

good luck finding one that is NOT rusted in a junkyard, those are sort of like the crx ones in my experience, they all rust, and they cost a lot to have without rust. It seems it would be cheaper and easier to take a sawzall and cut a piece out of the roof of a non sunroof integra at a junkyard. there were LOTS more integras than preludes.