Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware

Just this past monday I FINALLY got my 01 SV650S... Was riding it home (literally no more than 9 miles) and some lady in a white lumina pulled out in front of me and then STOPPED right in the middle of the damn road!... luckily i was in town only going about 20 cauz i was seeing that she didn't even turn her head my way to look so i started to pull it down in speed some...

Its been 6 days since, the bike has aprox 500 more miles since the day i got it and I've noticed myself watching for other bikers when im riding and even watching OUT for bikers more and more when im in my car... even to make sure no one is in harms way of some retard driver about to hit one...

in my area I know 3 seirously injured, one thats a quadraplageic(sp?) now and one dead from riding... Ive had this thing for 6 days and love riding it but im having seirous second thoughts because of the IDIOT retards that dont pay attention when they are driving...
Old 07-17-2004, 06:40 AM
New User

Default Re: You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware (WhiteTegSE)

I know exactly what you mean, gotta be so careful! I've been hit from behind at a stop sign, one friend just got out of the hosptial, and one who was hit by a dump truck running a light. Luckily, we're all ok, and I said LUCKILY.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You've obviously got a good head on your shoulders. Just keep looking out and riding as if your invisible. Minivans are the worse
Old 07-17-2004, 06:50 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware (Boughetto)

yeah when i first started driving a car my mom always told me its not yourself you have to worry about, its the other drivers

which holds true ^^

people pull out in front of bikes b/c they underestimate their speed and/or don't see them
Old 07-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware (DxHatchback)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DxHatchback &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah when i first started driving a car my mom always told me its not yourself you have to worry about, its the other drivers

which holds true ^^

people pull out in front of bikes b/c they underestimate their speed and/or don't see them </TD></TR></TABLE>

yep even if your are a very defensive rider/driver, it doesnt make a difference when another moron doesnt pey attention

almost got hit by an suv yesterday going fast throught an intersection without yielding or looking im leaving it to that
Old 07-17-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Re: You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware (WhiteTegSE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WhiteTegSE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just this past monday I FINALLY got my 01 SV650S... Was riding it home (literally no more than 9 miles) and some lady in a white lumina pulled out in front of me and then STOPPED right in the middle of the damn road!... luckily i was in town only going about 20 cauz i was seeing that she didn't even turn her head my way to look so i started to pull it down in speed some...

Its been 6 days since, the bike has aprox 500 more miles since the day i got it and I've noticed myself watching for other bikers when im riding and even watching OUT for bikers more and more when im in my car... even to make sure no one is in harms way of some retard driver about to hit one...

in my area I know 3 seirously injured, one thats a quadraplageic(sp?) now and one dead from riding... Ive had this thing for 6 days and love riding it but im having seirous second thoughts because of the IDIOT retards that dont pay attention when they are driving...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Holy **** thats so ******* wierd because my first call was from an old lady in a silver lumina not looking and i stopped and gave her the WTF look and she was screamin her *** off like it was my fault and i wasn't moving til she got on her way because she was waving me through.I just put the bike in neutral and waited for her to go.

Well just keep an eye on those sidestreets and be on the look out for blind drive signs. Ride safe
Old 07-17-2004, 04:07 PM
D2N

Default Re: You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware (CBRF4i)

The only way ta ride is like every one is aimin for ya.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WhiteTegSE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just this past monday I FINALLY got my 01 SV650S... Was riding it home (literally no more than 9 miles) and some lady in a white lumina pulled out in front of me and then STOPPED right in the middle of the damn road!... luckily i was in town only going about 20 cauz i was seeing that she didn't even turn her head my way to look so i started to pull it down in speed some...

in my area I know 3 seirously injured, one thats a quadraplageic(sp?) now and one dead from riding... Ive had this thing for 6 days and love riding it but im having seirous second thoughts because of the IDIOT retards that dont pay attention when they are driving...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Call me crazy but I like when people do that so I can swerve in front of them/flip them off and tell them they drive like ****.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:10 PM
I miss Andrea.

Always be ready to honk the horn when you enter an intersection and look 7 seconds ahead.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:10 AM
put title here

i'ev had the rich mercedes benz cut me off about 3 feet from my front wheel, so i pull around him, look over and wave to him nicely. he just waves back while talking on his cell phone. i was like 'i hope that call is more important than my life retard'
Old 07-19-2004, 11:14 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WhiteTegSE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just this past monday I FINALLY got my 01 SV650S....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Riding is much too much dangerous. You should sell your bike... to me... for $1000.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware (Apocalypse)

sure... THEN you woke up from your wet dream
Old 07-19-2004, 11:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WhiteTegSE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sure... THEN you woke up from your wet dream </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah but it was a good one... there were naked chicks there too.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice bike hehehe (check my sig). Yeah, it seems like all cagers are out to get you. They never seem to look to their left before pulling into an intersection. I can't tell you how many times that has happend to me. Damn stupid cagers
Old 07-19-2004, 08:23 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware (Apocalypse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocalypse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Riding is much too much dangerous. You should sell your bike... to me... for $1000.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and you want to be a mod? keep the peanut gallery comments to a minimum. thanks.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:40 AM

Default Re: (b_ack51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b_ack51 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'ev had the rich mercedes benz cut me off about 3 feet from my front wheel, so i pull around him, look over and wave to him nicely. he just waves back while talking on his cell phone. i was like 'i hope that call is more important than my life retard'</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, last time someone cut me off i pulled alongside them (with horn blaring the entire time) and pulled the two-armed flip-off.

If someone almost kills me, i'm gonna let them know.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:36 AM

Default Re: (Devlins 91LS)

for the people that give stupid drivers the finger, imo it isn't worth it. might give some lunatic reason to try to run you over. but then again, you can pretty much outrun any car on the road... so whatever floats your boat.
and this is all with drivers not seeing us on our bikes. wait until you have some moronic driver in the lane to your right or left, they actually make eye contact with you and proceed to change into your lane. fully aware that you are in the lane. it's just beyond me how some people can be that stupid. you get used to it though in southern cali, happens so often i just let it go until i'm off the bike and can have a smoke
Old 07-20-2004, 04:44 AM

Default Re: You never realize until you actually own one.... then ur more aware (falconGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falconGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and you want to be a mod? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd take it if it was given to me but my asking was more of a joke than anything.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falconGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">keep the peanut gallery comments to a minimum. thanks.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry. I'll go back to what 70% of everyone else in this forum does.

Nice bike.