Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Welp, MSchu, you would be proud of my accomplishment tonight.....I am now a grudge bike rider!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welp, MSchu, you would be proud of my accomplishment tonight.....I am now a grudge bike rider!

Well, as of tonight it is official, I have become a sponsored rider. I made $400 tonight, MY FIRST NIGHT EVER!!!!

I rode my KZ750 out to the local drag strip and made a few friends. I started talking to a guy that had a grudge bike and was in desperate need of help. I bargained with him and ended up landing a paid riding position!!

He has a ZX-1100 grudge bike with classic drivetrain. It consisted of a bored and stroked GPZ 1000 motor attached to a KZ900 transmission. He had a SERIOUS problem with the fact that he blew the clutch at Rockingham last night and was in desperate need of a KZ900/Z1000 clutch. Well, guess who had a BRAND NEW Barnett Z1000/KZ900 clutch set sitting at the house......ME!!! I made a bargain with him. I told him that if he were to give me $50 an let me make a pass on the bike after it was running right, I would do the deal. He obliged, hesitantly, and I went home to grab the clutch assy. I live like 5 minutes from the track. I came back and he installed clutch and made a pass and was VERY happy with the results.

He asked if I had my suit wih me and I looked at him and replied, "do you see what I am wearing?" I had my Dianese Ducati suit on

He brought me up to the staging lane and ran me through the rigors of what I had to do to get a good tree and to shift right. This was my first time running a fast bike and even the first time I had used an air shifter......remember, Thursday was the first time I had EVER drag raced a motorcycle!

Well this GPZ powered MONSTER was also spraying a 125 shot of N20 in second gear, third gear and fourth gear via a progressive conroller......

My FIRST pass was a 4.51 @ 146mph in the 1/8th mile.....OMFG, was that auxilurating!!!!......I brought him my time slip and he looked at me and said with suprise in his voice, "get a better tree and we may be on to something!"

He pulled me back up to staging with the atv and a tow rope, I did the burnout like directed, staged, launched and VOILA!, I got a .01 tree, almost perfect, and I ended up running a 4.47 @ 148mph with a 60' of 1.02 sec.

Lee, (the owner fo the bike) offered me a chance to do a few pulls for a couple money races he had later on in the evening!!!!

I now have a position as a grudge bike driver!!! I will be back up at the track on Thursday of this week for more action. I cannot freaking believe it!! Who would have thought I would be good at drag racing a motorcycle.....heh

No cliffs, sucka, too excited!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

.01!! sw33t!!!

'scuse my ignorance, but what do those times translate to in the quarter?
Old 05-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (marmaladedad)

mid 7s?
Old 05-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (marmaladedad)

I would guess that this bike would run around a 7 to 7.5 second quarter mile. INSAINE!!!!

I was required by the track to wear full gear and a back brace. Thankfully, my Dianese suit already had that and my A* SMX had it covered along with my Shoei RF-1000
Old 05-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DirtySol)

I give a built Busa a full tree count and still whooped his behind tonight!

I am soo excited that it is unreal. I can see why some people find drag racing soo excititing now!! It is like running a 20 minute session of Roebling Road in all of 4 seconds! I am sooooooo amped up right now that I have to pee!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:13 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your the man... that is a truly awesome story. Keep up your practice, put in some of your own money and in a year or so we may be reading about you in the NHRA PS news

If the bike is geared for the 18th you may find the 1/4th a little higher than 7.5 or so... 8.2+ as a guess. Nice to hear this kind of story though, good for you
Old 05-05-2008, 04:55 AM

Default Re: (MSchu)

That gearing is way way low for the trap speeds it puts out in the 1/8th...so in a 1/4 i'd give it mid to high 8's.

But ya...join the club of getting paid to drag race.

Only difference is...i don't grudge....much .....i bracket the IHRA season down here.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:05 AM
My Name is Nobody

Default Re: (4-ageTOg63)

Keep us up on your racing
Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MSchu)

I will, I got a call from Iroc (guy that tunes the bike) today and he wants me to come down to the track Thursday for a test and tune session.

I hope this takes me somewhere, I have raced for a living, but it was for GARC (Grand Am Rolex Cup) road racing and was for customers that needed a co-driver to compete. It was really fun but a LOT LOT LOT of work and I got shitty pay. This drag racing thing seems to be 95% fun and about 5% work and somewhat decent pay for the amount of work that is done.......my kinda job
Old 05-05-2008, 04:08 PM
dAng!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4-ageTOg63 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That gearing is way way low for the trap speeds it puts out in the 1/8th...so in a 1/4 i'd give it mid to high 8's.

But ya...join the club of getting paid to drag race.

Only difference is...i don't grudge....much .....i bracket the IHRA season down here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need to tell me the next time you're doing this and I'll make a trip over. I was down in PC doing inventory in one of our stores today and I'll be back down next monday.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:48 PM

Great story and a BIG congrats I wish you the best of luck in your racing future.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:55 PM

Default Re: (Russ713)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Russ713 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You need to tell me the next time you're doing this and I'll make a trip over. I was down in PC doing inventory in one of our stores today and I'll be back down next monday.</TD></TR></TABLE>

May 10th out at breakaway. 30+ bike race...300 dollar first place purse...25 points on the season...payouts all the way down to semi finals....normally points for first are 15...

That is IF i get the new setup done. Hopefully the fuel pump and ignition will be in friday and i can finish the swap...starting tomorrow night.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bout how far from PC is breakaway

that the one off 231 in fountain?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DirtySol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> for GARC (Grand Am Rolex Cup) road racing and was for customers that needed a co-driver to compete. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have NEVER raced WHEEL TO WHEEL in GRAND AM ROLEX CUP or on a ROAD COURSE in a CAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daniel someday when you realize your lies have become your truth is the only time you will be set free.

and the 700 you STILL OWE ME is for
200 for the eg ex that you say was stolen
500 for the grey eg you bought back from joey!

it is time to pay up. i have some bills to pay.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:56 AM

Default Re: (civic08)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic08 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bout how far from PC is breakaway

that the one off 231 in fountain?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep just a little past fountain, take a right at some road with the midgets lounge right there on the corner of it and 231...then go down...you'll come to another road it'll have a sign for breakaway...take a right...go down keep going you'll come to another sign for breakaway take another right...then you'll dead end into the track...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you have NEVER raced WHEEL TO WHEEL in GRAND AM ROLEX CUP or on a ROAD COURSE in a CAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daniel someday when you realize your lies have become your truth is the only time you will be set free.

it is time to pay up. i have some bills to pay.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm....interesting...
Old 05-06-2008, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

daniel someday when you realize your lies have become your truth is the only time you will be set free.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really, you don't say How exactly would you know this to be fact. I spent a LOT of time on track with that company and you know it. I co drove for Mac Mcgee (owner of MAC Papers) numerous times along with a couple other customers in the rental. It was part of the job. I admit, I am not pro driver material and probably not as good of a driver as you, but I am a decent driver nonetheless. So do not thow your bs flag until you know the facts.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

How about call me for is matter, and NOT be an *** about it. You have my cell phone number and we live about an hour away from each other. I do not have your phone number.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chad)

daniel someday when you realize your lies have become your truth is the only time you will be set free.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao....good one chad
Old 05-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DirtySol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Really, you don't say How exactly would you know this to be fact. I spent a LOT of time on track with that company and you know it. I co drove for Mac Mcgee (owner of MAC Papers) numerous times along with a couple other customers in the rental. It was part of the job. I admit, I am not pro driver material and probably not as good of a driver as you, but I am a decent driver nonetheless. So do not thow your bs flag until you know the facts.

How about call me for is matter, and NOT be an *** about it. You have my cell phone number and we live about an hour away from each other. I do not have your phone number.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmmmm, that is interesting, you co-drove with Mac huh? i guess i could ask him about that, what other customers did you co-drive with?

Chad, lets go get your money dude
Old 05-06-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DirtySol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How about call me for is matter, and NOT be an *** about it. You have my cell phone number and we live about an hour away from each other. I do not have your phone number.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have called you many times about it over the LAST 3 YEARS, everytime i call you are having money problems or work is screwing you on hours or many different excuses.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:44 AM
My Name is Nobody

Default Re: Welp, MSchu, you would be proud of my accomplishment tonight.....I am now a grudge bike rider! (

This is getting good...

Miley is watching this topic with renewed interest....

Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Welp, MSchu, you would be proud of my accomplishment tonight.....I am now a grudge bike rider! (

Oh boy, this could get nasty....

Oh and for the record, everyone owes Chad money! You get the K in the race car yet?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: With my POS D15B2, Whereever whenever, United States

WoW^^^^^
Old 05-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSchu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Miley is watching this topic with renewed interest....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha

Old 05-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97ShLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh boy, this could get nasty....

Oh and for the record, everyone owes Chad money! You get the K in the race car yet?</TD></TR></TABLE>

not me, i dont owe him nothin, lol
Old 05-06-2008, 11:45 AM
cthulward

holey rr/ax invasion...

Quick Reply: Welp, MSchu, you would be proud of my accomplishment tonight.....I am now a grudge bike rider!