Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Michelin's equivlent to the Diablo Supercorsa?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:43 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin's equivlent to the Diablo Supercorsa?

hey guys, time for another set of tires...I love the supercorsa's, and would like to buy another set, but wondering what the equivlent tire from the other companies, Dunlop, Michelin, and Metzler were, as I'd like to consider other tires.

Bike isn't used for commuting but maybe once a month, a couple track days a month, and canyon runs mainly.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Michelin's equivlent to the Diablo Supercorsa? (GraphiteAccord)

Aren't the Michelin Pilot Power and Dunlop Qualifier's direct competitors for the Diablo Corsa's? I could be wrong.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GraphiteAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys, time for another set of tires...I love the supercorsa's, and would like to buy another set, but wondering what the equivlent tire from the other companies, Dunlop, Michelin, and Metzler were, as I'd like to consider other tires.

Bike isn't used for commuting but maybe once a month, a couple track days a month, and canyon runs mainly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You do track days?

At any rate, the Diablo Supercorsa is a DOT Race tire from what I can remember and are equivalent to the Michelin Pilot Race and Dunlop D208GP's. The Diablo Corsa III is equal to the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT or the Dunlop Qualifier, though others may argue differently, and are made for harder canyon rides and track days. Pirelli's tire names are so confusing these days it's hard to make sense of them...Diablo SuperCorsa III Mega Ultra Obama Clinton Mish-Mash, whatever.

Unless you are doing 70% track days and rarely riding on the street, Qualifiers or Pilot Power 2CT's are splenty for you. Spending more for tires, in your case, is just plain stupid.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Michelin's equivlent to the Diablo Supercorsa? (Quiks66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quiks66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You do track days?

At any rate, the Diablo Supercorsa is a DOT Race tire from what I can remember and are equivalent to the Michelin Pilot Race and Dunlop D208GP's. The Diablo Corsa III is equal to the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT or the Dunlop Qualifier, though others may argue differently, and are made for harder canyon rides and track days. Pirelli's tire names are so confusing these days it's hard to make sense of them...Diablo SuperCorsa III Mega Ultra Obama Clinton Mish-Mash, whatever.

Unless you are doing 70% track days and rarely riding on the street, Qualifiers or Pilot Power 2CT's are splenty for you. Spending more for tires, in your case, is just plain stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I appreciate the senseable answer. I usually buy tires from HPcycles.com..but I got our local Mcdonalds-style shop to price match, and bought 2ct's...but they didn't have a front? haha...so going to order a front.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I honestly feel that the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's are far more than your demands need. The 2CT's are also a dual compund tire but only the 15mm on the outside edge of the 2CT's have a softer compound whereas the Corsa III's have a majority of the tire with a super soft compound. On the III's it only requires a 15 degree lean angle to be using the softer compound. The Qualifiers are along the lines of the Michelin Pilot Powers and nowhere near the 2CT's/Corsa III's in extreme lean angle traction.

Anything above those would be extreme overkill for your riding habits, honestly. They will give you all of the traction you can handle without sacraficing longevity or having to worry about heat cycles and warming the tires up. The 2CT's and Corsa III's heat up EXTREMELY quick and there is an abundance of traction, even for track use.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Michelin's equivlent to the Diablo Supercorsa? (DirtySol)

That was my one complaint about the Dragon supercorsas...You had to be EASY on them to get heat in, and after that, they were like GLUE. which was awesome...And they were consistent all the way through the lean angle. The corsa 3's I had didn't seem that way to me. I think I'll be happy with the 2CT's for this set of rims, and consider pilot races for the other set.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned

supercorsa equivalent would be michelin power race.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Michelin's equivlent to the Diablo Supercorsa? (immortal)

My last three sets of tires on my 636 have all been 2CT's and i love them. My zx10 came with Qualifiers which i havent been super impressed with, however they seem to be wearing fairly well with the 160whp.

The 2CT's just fall into a corner, requiring almost no pressure on the bar at even extreme lean angles to hold the corner. Even at my limit i feel, and know, i am nowhere near the limit of the tire which i really like - its a nice peace of mind.

Give them a try, i promise you you'll love them.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Michelin's equivlent to the Diablo Supercorsa? (liam821)

Have you done a track day yet? I'm still confused.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't buy french products...
Old 04-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Michelin's equivlent to the Diablo Supercorsa? (MSchu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSchu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't buy french products... </TD></TR></TABLE>

My 2CT's are made in France