Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

A letter to my dealer ATV (no names,, just drama)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A letter to my dealer ATV (no names,, just drama)

Buying a new ATV or M/C or boat should be a fun experience.

We were in yesterday, already had a pre- negoiated price,, cash sale,, and were made to wait way way too long to take delivery. Three hours and 19 minutes is just too long a wait.

We had called ahead and said when we'd be there, as we were told to to help with a faster delivery.

We kept mentioning that we had a long drive home, and we had to get to work.
We waited and waited and waited,, and then got an sarcastic attitude from a few employees.

We almost boxed.
Is that what you want?
It's not like we needed to be financed, cash sale!!!

You guys had our drivers license,, and we see why it always seems to get "lost" so the customer won't walk.

We were told the "paperwork was being done."
BS we found,, paperwork wasn't even started until we finally got to the table.

Your employees that are talking to frustrated customers need to not antagonize them furthur with jack a$$ remarks.

Being forced to wait so long like we were, to take both delivery and complete just a few minutes of paperwork should not mean police,, bad posts on offroad websites with other people chiming in how they got kicked around at ****** too.

If you want to aggravate a customer,, keep them waiting for hours, then give them an attitude.

If we buy anything else from you we will both negotiate price AND the time it will take to take delivery.

I've always felt at ******, that once the deal is struck,, the customer is then forgotten, and languishes on the salesfloor.

Had we not spoke up,, We be sleeping in one of the boats as you unlocked to open this morning, still no paperwork done.

On the good side, the guy that finally did the paperwork was teriffic.
And I do stress finally.

Don't make your cash good customers look like flaky deadbeats, sitting around until someone gives them 28% financing. This was cash!.
Their is a lot to be gained with good service to a good customer.

I hate leaving ***** pissed off.
It doesn't have to be this way.

We wern't the only frustrated people there.
Some customers were so frustrated they went onto the salesfloor and got their M/C's and quads and pushed them themselves to the delivery area, and then just grabbed someone to sign them off.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Re: A letter to my dealer ATV (Free Agent)

No offense man but if you really wanted to make a point you shouldn't have purchased the ATV when it came down to signing.

You should have said right then...do you know how long I've been waiting? Can I tell you all the bullshit I've been through? Then you should have shown them the cash and said you were ready to buy but because of their shitty service you were going to take your CASH some where else.

Then write a letter to the manager/owner and let them know how and why they lost out on a sale and a customer.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:35 AM
big strong guy

Default Re: A letter to my dealer ATV (hybridcrx)

Seems to me, Cash Is not the way ot go anymore!

I bought my bike with cash in hand, They basically told me they make more money off of a financed and would not offer me any Cuts if I paid Cash!

Eric
Old 12-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A letter to my dealer ATV (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seems to me, Cash Is not the way ot go anymore!

I bought my bike with cash in hand, They basically told me they make more money off of a financed and would not offer me any Cuts if I paid Cash!

Eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup. People have a misunderstanding that cash will get the salesstaff hard but that's completely untrue. They make extra money off finance purchases. Why would they want you to pay cash?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A letter to my dealer ATV (ScareyH22A)

I understand your pissed but why did you buy the ATV after all the bullshit. Another thing is you might wanna have someone revise your letter to make it look like your little sister didnt write it. No offense here just constructive criticism

Modified by yimmy at 9:21 PM 12/11/2005
Old 12-11-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: A letter to my dealer ATV (yimmy)

I would agree with yimmy.

I didn't want to be too harsh in one post, but yeah....that letter was a bit childish.

If I were the manager reading that, I would laugh all the way to the bank with your cash.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: A letter to my dealer ATV (hybridcrx)

Boy you sure showed them, they still got their money in the end.

A much louder statement would have been to have just walked.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A letter to my dealer ATV (jlacoy82)

yea i would have straight up left and told them to expletive off this is not how business is done and you have just lost a sale and commission b/c of your poor business ethic. if I go to a dealership car or bike if I am not approached within 10 minutes and asked if i need any help they dont get my busniess period i cant believe you took that **** you definitley have more patience than me
Old 12-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A letter to my dealer ATV (gsr-2nr)

if it really bothered you that much, sue them for false imprisionment. there's gotta be something ethically wrong with the way you were treated. and yeah, i would've walked if i were you.