Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

just bought 03 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought 03 600rr

fig. i share it with you all sence i wont be part of the prelude thread anylonger sence i sold it to buy my frist bike

also id like to add that iv been on 2 wheels sence i was 15.. now 20 but this is officaly my frist motorclyce iv OWNED. not includeing dirtbikes..

i understand stafy is very importent but i feel like some of you guys are a littel over excited about it. so i ask please dont replay to this post like omg your a noob and ur going to die if you dont wear full leathers.. and honnestly im not going to

i have been down at 60+... low sided running from a copper wearing just a haynes Tee shirt, some jean shorts, sneakers and a dot helmet and only have 1 visiable scar left from this accident.... and it wasnt even from road rash. i was from the chain link fence that i slid under and got stuck half way as it periced into my left abdomin and pinned me underneath of it..

on another note... not saying that some one can successfuly go down at 60+ to many times with out seriously hurting them selfs.. but honnestly some of you take it WAY to seriously... a dot helmet and riding gloves are the only protective gear i finf nesscary. (and i only say the gloves b.c it did take a chunck of flesh out of my right palm when i went down but like i said you can no longer see these scares) boots... ahh maybe but not a must have...

like i said i understand safty is deffently a must but dude seriously if you need full leathers to run to 7-11 or simple littel joy rides.... REALLY? i mean theres a difference between being safe and being scared and if you need full leathers everytime u get on your bike thats being scared of ur machine and you prob. shouldnt ride it anyways. full leathers are for track days

anyways im done venting. and ill prob. get hammered for saying this but ...thats how i feel and i hope u enjoy my new ride

Last edited by lrayford; 01-02-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just bought 03 600rr

Congrats on the bike. Keep the sticky side down.
(msfgearinsurance)
Old 01-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like the ride.

But your justification sounds like a junkie trying to explain how its okay to do just a little heroin.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:56 PM

thanks.

lol.. take it how u want.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lrayford
also id like to add that iv been on 2 wheels sence i was 15.. now 20 but this is officaly my frist motorclyce iv OWNED. not includeing dirtbikes..

i understand stafy is very importent but i feel like some of you guys are a littel over excited about it. so i ask please dont replay to this post like omg your a noob and ur going to die if you dont wear full leathers.. and honnestly im not going to

i have been down at 60+... low sided running from a copper wearing just a haynes Tee shirt, some jean shorts, sneakers and a dot helmet and only have 1 visiable scar left from this accident.... and it wasnt even from road rash. i was from the chain link fence that i slid under and got stuck half way as it periced into my left abdomin and pinned me underneath of it..

on another note... not saying that some one can successfuly go down at 60+ to many times with out seriously hurting them selfs.. but honnestly some of you take it WAY to seriously... a dot helmet and riding gloves are the only protective gear i finf nesscary. (and i only say the gloves b.c it did take a chunck of flesh out of my right palm when i went down but like i said you can no longer see these scares) boots... ahh maybe but not a must have...

like i said i understand safty is deffently a must but dude seriously if you need full leathers to run to 7-11 or simple littel joy rides.... REALLY? i mean theres a difference between being safe and being scared and if you need full leathers everytime u get on your bike thats being scared of ur machine and you prob. shouldnt ride it anyways. full leathers are for track days

anyways im done venting. and ill prob. get hammered for saying this but ...thats how i feel and i hope u enjoy my new ride
Should have purchased a GSXR.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:25 AM

Personally I would feel kind of silly riding the twisties in a t-shirt, I'm sure if you continue to ride you will eventually come to your senses and upgrade to a... Long sleeve t or a sweater LOL
But first, get rid of those huge chicken strips!!!
Clean bike by the way.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:59 AM

chicken strips? lol

maybe thats the problem. you all (no not all, dont take offence) use ur bikes for more then small stunts and daily commuting
Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks pretty sexy...i am 02 also and been riding dirt bikes for a long while. I just picked up a 98 cbr f3 600 for my first street bike. i like the front end of these a bit better though. I have to wait until spring to ride :-s have fun be safe :-D
Old 01-03-2010, 10:59 AM

Chicken strips are the unused portion of rubber on either side of your tires that have never touched the road. The harder you lean your bike the more speed you can carry through a turn, thats when riding is fun...
Old 01-03-2010, 11:12 AM

ahhh lol thats kinda funny.

they only have 7-800 miles on them
Old 01-03-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by jhhj332007
Looks pretty sexy...i am 02 also and been riding dirt bikes for a long while. I just picked up a 98 cbr f3 600 for my first street bike. i like the front end of these a bit better though. I have to wait until spring to ride :-s have fun be safe :-D
yeah spring is obviously when ill be bustin it out.. i wont lie i wont physicaly own in my position for 3 weeks (or longer but 3 weeks till its paid in full) anyways (still owe the guy $1700) but its going to be mine. we have worked out the the 2 payments and everything so i wont have it till end on this month/begining of next (witch is febuary) then after all the b.s of getting insurence/inspection/tags ect and working around my work schdule and pay cycles it will be march. or very close to it be b4 im ready to ride it (legally lol) and march will hopefuly have a few warm enough days earlyer in the month and should deff be by the end of the month... AND THEN APRIL is spring time and when the real enjoyment comes.. so yeah i may get a few chances to ride untill spring but deff by sping

so just alot of patience but i can handel it
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow...umm all I can say really is
1) nice lookin bike.

and

2) i do hope you reconcider wearing safty gear. at least a jacket and boots in addition to your helmet and gloves.

best of luck and ride safe
Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah spring is obviously when ill be bustin it out.. i wont lie i wont physicaly own in my position for 3 weeks (or longer but 3 weeks till its paid in full) anyways (still owe the guy $1700) but its going to be mine. we have worked out the the 2 payments and everything so i wont have it till end on this month/begining of next (witch is febuary) then after all the b.s of getting insurence/inspection/tags ect and working around my work schdule and pay cycles it will be march. or very close to it be b4 im ready to ride it (legally lol) and march will hopefuly have a few warm enough days earlyer in the month and should deff be by the end of the month... AND THEN APRIL is spring time and when the real enjoyment comes.. so yeah i may get a few chances to ride untill spring but deff by sping

so just alot of patience but i can handel it
Finally somone who feels the same way i do. Only advantage to buy in the winter is to get the bike cheaper. I still waiting on some money to pick up my bike to but after that i will be staring at it all winter long LOL
Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by jhhj332007
Finally somone who feels the same way i do. Only advantage to buy in the winter is to get the bike cheaper. I still waiting on some money to pick up my bike to but after that i will be staring at it all winter long LOL
hey who said anything about stairing at it ALL winter.. haha

but yeah i know what you mean. i picked this bike up for $3800. and i sold my 4th gen prelude for $3000. so tech. i got this bike for a hell of a deal only spending 800 dollars i didnt have...

(now i bet you all are wondering how i sold my car for 3000 and bought this bike for 3800 and still owe $1700)

well i owed the girl $100 whos grudge i was keeping the car at.
rent was due on the frist
car insurnce on the 5th (tuesday)
bought icon riding gloves and a bell helmet
aslo paying the paypal fees (so would be 1600 owed but witht he fees comes to 3930 so = 1700)
ect ect.
1020 on the 8th
700 on the 22nd and then MINE not to bad
Old 01-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya i put $100 for the guy to hold it and just bought a house and am getting first time home owner tax. I still need all my gear and take riding class to get my licesense but i don't expect to touch my truck all summer long. I defineatly gonna be primary way of transpo. I got my 98 f3 $2100 so not to bad just ugly front end LOL
Old 01-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

O ya i had my brother traded his salvage title Del sol mini swap for a 96 fzr 600 with 2002 body on it so i have someone to ride with. I been building honda's making fast for so long i just want something thats fast without having to do anything to it. Something new and just enjoy riding all together. Have you rode a 600?? You can just fill the power compared to the old dirt bikes
Old 01-03-2010, 12:57 PM

yeah my buddy had 2 cbrs last year. a 98 600 and a i belive 88 cbr 600 but with 1000rr motor and 2000 fairings
Old 01-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody got the link to the video of the dude crashing his bike at slow speeds and snapping his ankle handy? I went down at sub 40 with race boots, jacket, gloves, helmet and still limped for a week. You may not have pierced your abdomin if you had a jacket on...
Old 01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks.

lol.. take it how u want.
take out life insurance, ill pay for it.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by milkmanLCA
take out life insurance, ill pay for it.
yea seriously. I wouldn't even ride my bike till I had all the gear and taken the riders course. but thats just me, I like staying alive. You had one lay down at 60mph running from a cop and got away alive and almost unhurt once is just dumb luck...dont expect it to happen again...and safety is something to take VERY SERIOUSLY. Pull your head out your butt and get a clue. Dont be a squid.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by elf469
Wow...umm all I can say really is
1) nice lookin bike.

and

2) i do hope you reconcider wearing safty gear. at least a jacket and boots in addition to your helmet and gloves.

best of luck and ride safe
thanks man on the frist part.

on the second part.. its not that im refuseing to wear it.. just personaly dont feel its needed every time.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:54 PM

NICE! i was thinking about buying one this summer. since i just got my license.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks man on the frist part.

on the second part.. its not that im refuseing to wear it.. just personaly dont feel its needed every time.
so far, i never needed it, as i never went down, unless your psychic, wear it everytime....
Old 01-05-2010, 06:33 AM
cthulward

OP, if you don't want to wear gear then don't. but please do lots of wheelies and ride really fast down the highway as much as you can. it will get you a lot more ladies.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree with the OP. if your scared of your bike the bike is going to do what it wants not what you want it to do

Quick Reply: just bought 03 600rr