Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

I've been wondering this about Scooters.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (ScareyH22A)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScareyH22A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would you pay $2K for a Ruckus when you can pic up a Vino for like $1K?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, reliable. Warranty, and much easier on the wallet finding parts. Not to mention theres no ugly plastic **** hanging off of it that pretends to make it look pretty.

I think it's funny you guys are talking **** about a scooter. What's the matter your dicks are too small to ride something merely for a utilitarian purpose?

I don't care about power, that's what my RX-7 is for you dipshits.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (NidStyles)

i got an 85 aero 50 that i ride around.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=NidStyles]Why isn't there a Scooter section? I know Honda Scooters are pretty popular for the Scooter crowd people. I personally want a Ruckus, but nevermind that. What's the deal with no Scooter forums?

<U>Can we post about them here with getting strangled by the sport bike guys?[/</U>QUOTE]
according to your original post you DO want to get strangled by the sportbike guys. so why are you so pissed off???
Old 07-21-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (integrator43)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrator43 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=NidStyles]Why isn't there a Scooter section? I know Honda Scooters are pretty popular for the Scooter crowd people. I personally want a Ruckus, but nevermind that. What's the deal with no Scooter forums?

<U>Can we post about them here with getting strangled by the sport bike guys?[/</U>QUOTE]
according to your original post you DO want to get strangled by the sportbike guys. so why are you so pissed off??? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-22-2005, 11:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrator43 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=NidStyles]Why isn't there a Scooter section? I know Honda Scooters are pretty popular for the Scooter crowd people. I personally want a Ruckus, but nevermind that. What's the deal with no Scooter forums?

according to your original post you DO want to get strangled by the sportbike guys. so why are you so pissed off??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ha! Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it! LOL

Don't get feelings......we are just messin'.

Speaking utilitarian.....why not just get a segway then...
Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (gumtape_deathmatch)

Sorry when it comes to cheap 50cc scoots yamaha pwns all. The zuma is so fun to ride. I can do wheelies forever on it and it has a huge trunk that holds a full face helmet and some. The older model does wheelies even better.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:23 PM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (mos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any old jog or zuma will put a ruckus or metro to shame. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, zumas got about twice the power of a ruckus....
Old 07-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey scooter gurus...I have a '89 Yamaha Razz that bogs and dies when the throttle is applied. The scooter idles fine so I'm thinking it could be a petcock/fuel related problem. Does anyone have a vacuum diagram for the carb?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:27 PM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (big pete)

Hook up an external temp. tank. That will rule out the petcock if it doesnt fix it. Could be a worn needle or needle jet letting too much gas get in.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha this thread makes me laugh. When I went to japan there were scooters with some loud *** exhausts and the guys tried to act all cool on them.

I do like the ruckus though. Especially with the camoflauge.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (gumtape_deathmatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gumtape_deathmatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ha! Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it! LOL

Don't get feelings......we are just messin'.

Speaking utilitarian.....why not just get a segway then... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know it. Been around for a while.

I wouldn't touch a Segway with your dick.
I don't want something that I have to worry about the battery dying on me.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (Etylorcen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Etylorcen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry when it comes to cheap 50cc scoots yamaha pwns all. The zuma is so fun to ride. I can do wheelies forever on it and it has a huge trunk that holds a full face helmet and some. The older model does wheelies even better. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? How much power does it put out? I'm a little concerned about having issues with having to pre-mix my oil and fuel for a 2-cycle. I hate having to do that.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dunno about hp wise but it has enough power to pick the front up when u sit back and give the bars a little tug. They can do endos too but if yer a regular sized guy you'll jack up the forks eventually, my friend learned teh hard way hahaha.
Anyhow, the zuma and most modern scooters have a seperate oil injection system that you just need to keep filled so you dont have to premix yourself.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: I've been wondering this about Scooters. (Etylorcen)

^^ Awesome. I decided on the Vino. I looked at the Ruckus, and compared it with the Zuma, and the Vino new and classic. I want something under 50cc for obvious license reasons. The Ruckus beat out the Zuma purely on looks. I can't stand that plastic look on anything, which is what is holding me from buying a sport bike. I'm simply holding out, and hunting for an '06 close to me. I can find three '05, and two '04. I might go with an '05, even though it weighs more than the '06.

What really made me decide on the Vino was the big bore kit allowing a 20cc jump.

I find out Monday.

just a side note: I've been drooling over that V-max by Yamaha too. That thing looks badass to me.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:59 AM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

If you're going for a classic looking four stroker, might as well plunk down 650$ more for the vino 125. But like you say there are the licencing reasons. (Bite the bullet and go for the M1 endorsement, you'll be set for later.)

I'm of the opinion that any four stroke below 125cc is something to avoid: so weak that they are scary. And dangerous in certain situations. Just one opinion, of a guy who used to daily ride a weak 80 and has a 175 scoot now.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:00 PM

Actually I was looking at the 2-stroke Vino. If I can't find a 2 stroke I will be getting the 125, even though I didn't want to spend the moeny for it.

I'm saving for a real bike as well, so I was worried about spending so much for a little scooter.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:30 AM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Theres a 2stroke vino 50? On yamaha's website it says 49cc 4 stroke...
Old 07-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NidStyles &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm saving for a real bike as well, so I was worried about spending so much for a little scooter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Find a used one. My used Zuma was like 1400.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:44 PM

^^ There's not that large of a scooter following here in Phoenix, and I kind of want the warranty just in case something does break.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Theres a 2stroke vino 50? On yamaha's website it says 49cc 4 stroke...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The website is wrong apparently. I just went and looked at a 2005 2 stroke Vino 50 classic. It's so damn small compared to everything else around it. I couldn't believe how small it really was. I mean even the Zuma is huge compared to it. Only the Honda Metro was close to it in size. I think the Metro may have been smaller.

I find out tomorrow whether I'm getting it. I'll post pics, if I do.