Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Have you ever dropped your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever dropped your bike?

While reading another thread from a newer member, someone suggested getting an older bike to start on so if you do drop it, you wont be pissed off you spent thousands and thousands of dollars and now have repair costs hanging over your head... wow run-on sentence. anyway, just answer yes or no, even if its just in the garage or at a parking lot, or even riding. thanks!

also: how long youve been riding maybe??

ill start: 6 months
Old 01-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (RedStarGsr)

Dropped the bitch
Old 01-06-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (RebornGSR)

first time i got on the bike, underestimated the sensitivity of the throttle and it threw me off. thankfully, only suffered minor cosmetic damage.

about 1 year
Old 01-06-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (DeLiRiOu5)

Never dropped it riding. I dropped it at a redlight. I was coming from work and put my foot down and the bike and I leaned over. It was inches from the ground and did not hit! the cuff on my pants caught on the peg and I lost balanced. I was in the middle of rush hour at a busy light! Man was I embarassed.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (knuttsachel)

Dropped mine once making a U-Turn on an empty street.... maybe two days after I got my license.

A 500 pound VFR is a lot harder to make a u turn on than the Buell Blast I rode the MSF Course on.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by knuttsachel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never dropped it riding. I dropped it at a redlight. I was coming from work and put my foot down and the bike and I leaned over. It was inches from the ground and did not hit! the cuff on my pants caught on the peg and I lost balanced. I was in the middle of rush hour at a busy light! Man was I embarassed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have done this so many times. It just depends on what pants I'm wearing though. One time I couldn't get my pants out from the peg and I just slammed my foot down ripping my jeans.lol I was freaking out thinking it was gonna drop but luckly I never dropped it any of those times though I have flipped it from a bad wheelie, that hurt worse going to the hospital than the actual wreck.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Son

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (dan_w_82)

I have never been down. Thats a bad thing though. I know its coming, might be at Laguna
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never dumped on the street but have eaten it multiple times on quads or dirtbikes.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dropped my old bike (F3) once.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (Son)

Yeah I said my time was coming to but I thought it would just be the bike sliding under me but I got the worst of it. Be careful
Old 01-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (Son)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Son &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have never been down. Thats a bad thing though. I know its coming, might be at Laguna </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hopefully after they make the improvements even though it's pretty safe right now
Old 01-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (RebornGSR)

who gives a **** if u drop ur pretty new bike

OOOHHH a knick or scratch

wtf who cares, ur bike still works dont it? ride that **** until it wont go no more

tell em, henry
Old 01-06-2005, 10:28 PM
AIRBORNE

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by knuttsachel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never dropped it riding. I dropped it at a redlight. I was coming from work and put my foot down and the bike and I leaned over. It was inches from the ground and did not hit! the cuff on my pants caught on the peg and I lost balanced. I was in the middle of rush hour at a busy light! Man was I embarassed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

same here ... wasn't payin attention stopped at a light.. i leaned over a bit and there was a little oil under my foot, and down it went .. haha .... pretty embaressing
Old 01-06-2005, 10:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (Odiedogcx)

took me 3 years but i finally did it. trying to bump start my bike one day, no gear on at all, not even a lid anyway the bike was tuning over but not firing as it was rolling down this grade a ways so i gave her a little throttle. well she decided to fire right as i was turning her around and about to pull the clutch in. it was half power wheelie, half lowside and she just tossed me

this old guy that saw it thought i was trying to "do a spinout" lol

well actually wasnt my first, five days before this i had dumped a rental scooter at about 35 mph on the beach at ocean shores, but thats a whole other story
Old 01-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Banned

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (smokee)

6,000 miles on my first bike (f4i) and never dropped or crashed
3,500 miles on my 954rr before i crashed it from ******* around
1,900 miles on my 1000rr before i tipped it over off the stand trying to move it
3,000 miles on my 1000rr before i lowsided from gravel going around 5-8MPH after violently braking to scrub as much speed off..

i have nearly 12,000 miles now and havent had a problem since.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:24 AM

My 250 fell over in the back of the truck right after I bought it. It was like a block away from the dudes house. I've got a big *** scratch down to the abs on the left side from that.

I droped it once just practicing U-turns on an empty street. I wasn't going to make the turn, so I was going to stop, roll it backwards and go on again. I stopped put both feet on the ground and the bike just fell over. Sucked big time.

Just remembered, I threw it over on the side trying to put it on the damn center stand. I hate that bitch.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: (Gotcha)

i dropped my first bike(zx6e) about month after i got it. i came to a stop a failed to see the oil my front tire was going through. went down going about 2mph. didn't hurt anything but my pride. it scratched up my bike a little but thats ok it was just a kawi.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (arjusmc)

Dropped my brand new 600RR the 2nd day i owned it! Stupid newbie mistake...forgot to put down the kick stand as i got to a freind's driveway....no damage as it was only a tip over.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (RedStarGsr)

I was approaching my first year anniversary with the bike and never dropped it. Then I pulled into work, and waved to a friend while turning into my spot, hit some auto trans fluid, down she went. The two of us picked it up... but there were witnesses
Old 01-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (Beyond_Redline)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Beyond_Redline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was approaching my first year anniversary with the bike and never dropped it. Then I pulled into work, and waved to a friend while turning into my spot, hit some auto trans fluid, down she went. The two of us picked it up... but there were witnesses </TD></TR></TABLE>

the worst part....
Old 01-07-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: (arjusmc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arjusmc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">. it scratched up my bike a little but thats ok it was just a kawi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

:middlefinger:
Old 01-07-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: (Gotcha)

If we are counting dirt bikes here, I've probably dropped more bikes than everyone here. I even dropped a dirt bike on the street (yeah, I know why you guys wear leather, that **** hurts man), and several street bikes in the dirt (CT-70 abuse at it's finest).

But, I have never dropped a street bike in the street.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Goullish)

Dropped it when I first learned to ride. I was pretty short at the time and it was even on a ex250, but I was backing down a steep driveway and when the rear hit the street I reached for the ground with my feet and felt nothing, started going down and coudlnt get it back up. So i layed it down softly, no scratches or anything just my pride was pretty hurt. Good thing no one saw hahaha.
When people are referring to dropping it they mean crashing, even if its rather low speed.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Have you ever dropped your bike? (hybridreams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who gives a **** if u drop ur pretty new bike

OOOHHH a knick or scratch

wtf who cares, ur bike still works dont it? ride that **** until it wont go no more

tell em, henry </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha you can tell this fool has dropped his bike mad times by his reply!

ME? never..been very close but have always been able to muscle it back up.
but my friend decided to drop it for me this summer though
Old 01-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I miss Andrea.

I have dropped my 500R twice, both times I was trying to turn onto a main road and in slow motion it fell to the ground..

Edit worst English Ever

Modified by Newkleus at 8:32 PM 1/7/2005

Quick Reply: Have you ever dropped your bike?