Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

H-T Motorcycle Lawyers (6.26.07 accident/not at fault)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:53 PM
crazy mad murdock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-T Motorcycle Lawyers (6.26.07 accident/not at fault)

*I understand that any information in this section is not a legal binding contract nor should be taken into any part of advisement. I will not hold anyone responsible other then stupidity and 04+ morons that post in this thread. I fully understand that legal advise is not binding and laws very in multiple states and possibly you don't know ****.

With that out of the way.

Coming home today I was involved a wreck. Less then 1 mile from my house.
I was at a red light, the light turned green to go left, i looked both ways and gave the light a moment. I proceeded to go forward with my turn. Mid way a car, driven by a minority group that has over 800 billion in population ran the light. She looked down the street never at me, rolled through the light. I BLASTED MY HORN till I ended up on the ground.
She had turned in such a way I could not avoid either dumping or going over the car. I went with the slide. Scraped up the asphalt for 15 ft where my bike rested on the ground. All I could do was stare at her and the fear of god in her eyes. I layed there for a moment, had people rushing around me looking down at me. My bike was still running luckly my exhaust is on the right side or I would have been cooking.
I kicked off the switch w/ my foot and continued to lay there doing the windows human self check...toes..good...fingers...good...*****...nubb y...
I was helped up by a motorist. Ironically enough it happened right in front of a firestation. The call took about 10 seconds. She wanted to move her car, I basically said if you move that car I'm saying it was a hit and run.

I was checked out fine, my ankle is swollen, my arm has road rash, and my neck is stiff. I didn't go to the emergency room because I was walking around with what I thought was a limp. Slight headache now too.
My helmet saved my life because I fell right on the back of my head. Closed shield helmet, not a retarded brain bucket.

I've made a claim to my insurance (liability), she was cited at fault.
What should I do now?

This is my first accident EVER! I'm 28 and I've been lucky so far. On top of that its my first MOTORCycle accident EVER!

whats my next step?
I'm calling a lawyer tomorrow, but I really have never done this.

Geico Motorcycle insurance Liability only
2003 Suzuki volusia 800cc
ankle:

arm:
Old 06-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H-T Motorcycle Lawyers (csingham)

depending on the state I see no reason why you'd need a lawyer. All that's gonna happen is her insurance will pay for the estimated damage to your bike and your medical bills (least should but depends on the state) related to the foot. It should never see a court room assuming the driver or insurance company doesn't try to screw you
Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by csingham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mid way a car, driven by a minority group that has over 800 billion in population ran the light.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm...

Given that the driver actually stopped and didn't run, she couldn't be mexican. Since you mentioned female and crash, I'd have to assume asian? AMIRITE?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: H-T Motorcycle Lawyers (Chris y0!)

You should go get your injuries checked out just in case. Im going though a claim like this now i didnt have full coverage insurance companies can be a ******* get checked out and give the insurance about a week if not compansated for damage get a laywer. My case sounds about the same but the ladys insurance is being a *** nationwide ******** its been 1 month and still investigating trying to find anything to reject claim. Granted i have about 60k in medical bills so get checked out and talk to a laywer because if claim is rejected you have nothing to fix damage with but your money.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I heard that if you break bone, or bleed, it's automatic 15000 dollar to win.. but i don't know.. call the lawyer and sue her..
Old 06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the question is, what are you suing for?

if it's the money, it's never really worth the aggravation unless we're talking about alot. in my mind, 15K is not alot.

if it's some sense of revenge, remember that litigation is aggravating.

if it's to make everything alright, her insurance company should take care of that for you, and if they don't, call a lawyer.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: (bad-monkey)

Yeah im not saying sue right off top. Get checked by doctor and give insurance some time with claim if no action consult a laywer.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:34 AM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bad-monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if it's to make everything alright, her insurance company should take care of that for you, and if they don't, call a lawyer. </TD></TR></TABLE>

There's the huge risk of the driver lying to the insurance company, their lawyers, changing stories, trying to blow off the at-fault report of the police, and so on... I've seen it happen before - no matter how against the grain of common sense it goes, it happens. Most people will lie all the way to protect their own interests.

You need to get to a doctor and document the injuries, and get a hold of a lawyer. It wont cost you anything to talk to one the first time, so when you find one you like, just keep his business card handy and let their insurance company know you have a lawyer itching to file suit, because you just might need it.

Dont even get me started on asian women drivers
Old 06-27-2007, 05:46 AM

[Disclaimer: I worked in insurance for a few years.]

Let's back up for a minute here. You have insurance, reported it to them and now you're thinking about calling a lawyer? Why? Do you like spending unnecessary wads of cash? Do you only have liability? I guess my answer depends on that.

The reason you pay your insurance company is to protect your interests. You filed a claim and their responsibility is to pay your bills and then go after her and her insurance company. If a lawyer is necessary, the insurance company will take care of that. Chances are you won't even have to get involved, but if you do, your insurance company will tell you.

If you only have liability, well... now you know why you should have more.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:53 AM
.RJ

Default Re: (Apocalypse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocalypse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Do you like spending unnecessary wads of cash?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wont cost anything to talk to a lawyer, and from what I understand from most sleezeball traffic lawyers (I could be wrong) that you arent paying anything if the case isnt settled in your favor.

But, you're right in that the insurance company should handle this for you. Doesnt always work out that way though.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:05 AM
crazy mad murdock

I've never stated I'm out for the money, but now i think i might have a broken toe...booo hooo. I'm going to swing by the med center.

Here is one thing I forgot to mention. I never got any of the drivers information. The police did, but I didn't. I got a Case #, and that was it.

I just thought you got a lawyer every time you got in an accident, maybe thats my impression from TV.

I'm still going to use a lawyer not as a vendetta but to actually not get screwed over. I'm not seeing a house payment out of something I got ont he school yard playing tag.

I'm still going to head to work this morning. I don't know how, but I have an hour to figure that one out.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (csingham)

What you should have done is gotten the drivers info and what insurance company she has. Then you call her insurance company and tell them your situation. They would cover all your medical bills and you would have to get the damage appraised and they would pay for the damages then.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:27 AM
crazy mad murdock

Default Re: (...rohit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ...rohit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What you should have done is gotten the drivers info and what insurance company she has. Then you call her insurance company and tell them your situation. They would cover all your medical bills and you would have to get the damage appraised and they would pay for the damages then. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wouldn't that be on the police report? I never talked to the other driver except for when she said" I'm going to move my car". The police let her go

cell phone won't work after the crash, so off ot a payphone
Old 06-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by csingham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wouldn't that be on the police report? I never talked to the other driver except for when she said" I'm going to move my car". The police let her go</TD></TR></TABLE>Her insurance information wouldn't be, atleast the last time I had a police report filed. Do you know the womans name? You could call her and ask for her info.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Schumacher '10 WDC

Glad your okay.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:42 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awards are three times the medical claims... you should have gone the get checked out
Old 06-27-2007, 07:19 AM
crazy mad murdock

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ...rohit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Her insurance information wouldn't be, atleast the last time I had a police report filed. Do you know the womans name? You could call her and ask for her info.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't get ANYTHING. Other then 3 pecies of paper
1: Report
2: Towing Yard card
3: Ambulance card

So how the hell do people get this information after they go to the hospital?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:11 AM
My Name is Nobody

police report... hello. ANYTIME, and I mean ANYTIME there is an injury involved... you need a report
Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MSchu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSchu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">police report... hello. ANYTIME, and I mean ANYTIME there is an injury involved... you need a report</TD></TR></TABLE> I must have been wrong.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:23 AM

Get a copy of police report it has everything you need on there.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 AM
My Name is Nobody

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ...rohit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I must have been wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well its up to the participants to call... no call, no report. it's merely he said shes said
Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (oodie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oodie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a copy of police report it has everything you need on there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, it'll be available to you in a short time. call the police dept.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:01 AM
crazy mad murdock

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bad-monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yup, it'll be available to you in a short time. call the police dept. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I made two calls
1. Police department, won't be available till tomorrow.
2. Lawyer that took care of some crap *** tickets (got off, because I'm a good driver and the tickets had no merit). Meeting with the guy tonight at Starbucks near my house.

I might get money I might not. Either way I'm not looking for a house, just ignorant to how the system works.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:41 PM
crazy mad murdock

This seriously is going faster then i thought, I didn't even finish my small coffee before we were done.
Going to see a doc tomorrow.
Starting to really feel it. No word on the damage to the bike
Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: With my POS D15B2, Whereever whenever, United States

hey, you're lucky nothing really happened to you.
have a good recovery

Quick Reply: H-T Motorcycle Lawyers (6.26.07 accident/not at fault)