Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Choices Choices Choices!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nevermind

edit: excuse me for trying to get some opinions.

Modified by Jordo@KAP at 5:19 PM 9/12/2005
Old 09-12-2005, 01:44 PM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (Jordo@KAP)

well thats three/four of maybe 30 current models avalible, not to mention used models of which there maybe hundreds... sheepish
Old 09-12-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (MSchu)

From experience, don't buy ANY krapasaki....

and sence gixxer wasn't in there, go yamaha, im having loads of fun on mine!!

im not going to get into not buying a brand new bike for your first bike, its been covered WAAYYY too many times..
Old 09-12-2005, 01:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

let me guess its not a good idea to get a brand new bike?? due to "im gonan lay it down?"

my problem is, im only doing this once...

edit: the only thing i didnt like about the gsxr was, it was very wide. Im pretty small, i almost want to get the littlest bike possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only gonna do this once?? buy a bike?? we'll see about that once you get one

Lay it down, drop it in a parking lot, something stupid and newbie-esque

I understand completely about the gixxer, thats why i have both

Gixxer feels alot more stable in high speed corners but then i only have about 6 hours logged on the r6 so far. Im preatty small myself so i can defnetly understand the want to have a narrow bike and the gixxer is defently not that. So forth R6 or 600rr is the way to go and sence i have an R6 im gonna vote R6

Old 09-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">let me guess its not a good idea to get a brand new bike?? due to "im gonan lay it down?"

my problem is, im only doing this once...

edit: the only thing i didnt like about the gsxr was, it was very wide. Im pretty small, i almost want to get the lightest bike possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean, you're only doing it once?

If that's the case then I don't think you should be looking at 600-cc bikes. You should look at something like the Ducati 749 or 999, or if you want to go a little cheaper, get the GSX-R 1000 or the Yamaha R1. That's the only way you're "only going to do this once," because bikers are addicted to speed and are always thinking of that next step up.

Otherwise, if you want to take a more realistic approach, I'd go with a CBR F4/F4i or SV that's a couple years old. It won't take a big bite out of your budget (figure $10K or more for a new 600 + insurance + gear), and you can step up to something bigger when you're ready.

BTW, out of the choices you listed, I don't think you listed the best option. The ZX-6RR is a racebike, plain and simple, and the 636 is a better street machine. The new R6 looks to be even further toward the racebike end of the spectrum, so I think you'd be better off going with a YZF-R6S (last year's R6 sold as a less extreme '06). That is, if you really insist on going with a new machine.

But do yourself a favor, and search in this forum for the words "happened" or "happened to me." Lots of us have gone down lately, some people got pretty fucked up and are out a lot of money and time. You want something that you can destroy without killing yourself economically, and that won't cost an arm and a leg. Not to mention something that you can learn on.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think im almost at the point where im not going to listen to anyone</TD></TR></TABLE>

Makes me wonder how much our opinion/advice matters....
Old 09-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (Apocalypse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocalypse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Makes me wonder how much our opinion/advice matters....</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok maybe im just asking in the wrong place.. maybe thats it..
Old 09-12-2005, 02:16 PM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok maybe im just asking in the wrong place.. maybe thats it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahahaha...
Old 09-12-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (MSchu)

You might be better off finding a forum where everyone has a crash cage and a 12 bar on the back of their bike, I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you to buy a 1000cc super sport as your first bike, as well as buying it brand new off the showroom floor.

YOU WILL DROP IT, YOU WILL LAY IT DOWN. End of story. If you want people to just agree with everything you say, talk to some dolls or stuffed animals maybe, they might have the opinions you seek.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (jlacoy82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jlacoy82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You might be better off finding a forum where everyone has a crash cage and a 12 bar on the back of their bike, I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you to buy a 1000cc super sport as your first bike, as well as buying it brand new off the showroom floor.

YOU WILL DROP IT, YOU WILL LAY IT DOWN. End of story. If you want people to just agree with everything you say, talk to some dolls or stuffed animals maybe, they might have the opinions you seek.</TD></TR></TABLE>

quite frankly, i know all the dangers in motorcycles. Ive personally had a friend die, and one friend lose a limp.

on a side note. i was looking into getting a 03-05 bike.. maybe a black cbr600rr if i could find one for a good price.

anyone know where i can find some good prices on used bikes?

Modified by Jordo@KAP at 5:51 PM 9/12/2005
Old 09-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone know where i can find some good prices on used bikes?</TD></TR></TABLE>

A member on here has a mint 600RR on sale for cheap. IM "mag00n".

Craigslist is a good place to find bikes, but I'm not sure if that's true in your area.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">edit: excuse me for trying to get some opinions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't be such a jerk. If you come in here swinging your dick, don't expect everyone to kiss it. Motorcyclists are even less forgiving than the ITR forum of people that think they know it all and don't seem to show a healthy respect for the risks.

I'm not trying to be an ***, just giving a fellow ITR owner a heads-up. Phrases like "I know what I'm doing" or "I'm a fast learner" will make people tune you out, because the road is littered with people who said those things.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (Ross R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A member on here has a mint 600RR on sale for cheap. IM "mag00n".

Craigslist is a good place to find bikes, but I'm not sure if that's true in your area.

Don't be such a jerk. If you come in here swinging your dick, don't expect everyone to kiss it. Motorcyclists are even less forgiving than the ITR forum of people that think they know it all, and don't show a healthy respect for the risks.

I'm not trying to be an ***, just giving a fellow ITR owner a heads-up. Phrases like "I know what I'm doing" or "I'm a fast learner" will make people tune you out, because the road is littered with people who said those things.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i never said anything like that..
i was planing on taking the harley davidson motorcycle course also..
Old 09-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Bud
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> ... and one friend lose a limp.

Modified by Jordo@KAP at 5:51 PM 9/12/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, the healing power of motorcycles. Quite therapeutic.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (Bud)

i never said anything like that..
i was planing on taking the harley davidson motorcycle course also..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take a state sponsored Motorcycle Safety Foundation course.

Hardleys are for show, not riding, what would they know?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:10 PM
AIRBORNE

i know all the dangers in motorcycles ... and [i had] one friend lose a limp.

Modified by Jordo@KAP at 5:51 PM 9/12/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

i get a boner everytime i see one
Old 09-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nevermind (Jordo@KAP)

excuse you for not searching oh and go buy a hayabusa i heard they are great starter bikes
Old 09-12-2005, 08:54 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (Gixxerfiend)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gixxerfiend &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">From experience, don't buy ANY krapasaki....

and sence gixxer wasn't in there, go yamaha, im having loads of fun on mine!!

im not going to get into not buying a brand new bike for your first bike, its been covered WAAYYY too many times.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You Have no experince in this case.....

eric
Old 09-12-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Choices Choices Choices!! (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You Have no experince in this case.....

eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeh i sappose having a P.O.S ZX-7 didn't help my influence, oh and neither did adam's (friend of mine) 2005 ZX-6R loosing second gear in first 5,000 miles....or another guy that bought an 04 ZX-10 and had it in for an engine rebuild (lost full compression in 3rd cylinder) in the first 1,000 miles...ive never heard as many horror stories about any other bike on the road....but who knows...there is probably alot of horror stories about all companies so.....