Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Anyone have Alpinestars SP-1's???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Alpinestars SP-1's???

I'm looking at them to buy and I really like the way they look but are they as comfy as they look?? I really like and want the GP Plus' but I don't have $140. Wish I did so I could buy immortal's pair cuz he's a rockin dude y0. Anyways, anyone got any help for me?? Thanks guys.

Modified by Muffler Bearing at 10:01 AM 1/6/2005
Old 01-06-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Anyone have Alpinestars SP-1's??? (Muffler Bearing)

What about the sp-2's? They're pretty comfy and reasonably priced (almost half of the gp pro's I think?). I like em!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm looking at them to buy and I really like the way they look but are they as comfy as they look?? I really like and want the GP Pro's but I don't have $140. Wish I did so I could buy immortal's pair cuz he's a rockin dude y0. Anyways, anyone got any help for me?? Thanks guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea I just got a pair of the '05 sp-1's. You can tell it has more protection then the '04. It's pretty comfortable and I haven't even broken it in yet.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Anyone have Alpinestars SP-1's??? (bustdesenuts)

I like the look of the SP-1's better than the SP-2's and they just seem to have a little more protection and what not. However, living in Washington I'm gonna be riding in cold weather so should I just stick it out for the GP Plus'???
Old 01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
rastropovitch

I have tried the Sp1's they are good booty's... any Good boot is going to take time to break in, think of it as an investment in riding
Schu
Old 01-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm looking at them to buy and I really like the way they look but are they as comfy as they look?? I really like and want the GP Plus' but I don't have $140. Wish I did so I could buy immortal's pair cuz he's a rockin dude y0. Anyways, anyone got any help for me?? Thanks guys.

Modified by Muffler Bearing at 10:01 AM 1/6/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the SP-S... which are the short version of the SP-1. I love 'em. They're really comfortable. They break in really quick too. I've gotta recommend that get snug fitting ones so they're not too loose when they break in.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Anyone have Alpinestars SP-1's??? (MSchu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSchu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have tried the Sp1's they are good booty's... any Good boot is going to take time to break in, think of it as an investment in riding
Schu</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ummm...I do believe you misread my friend. A* SP-1's are gloves.

And Scarey, do they give good wind protection?? Are they pretty warm cause my hands get cold really easily and I need something that will keep me warm without making me sweat buckets.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:29 AM
rastropovitch

Your right the 1 was throwing me off a bit... SP's were an old design... Sorry, When you get old, things happen like that :-P
Schu
Old 01-06-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Anyone have Alpinestars SP-1's??? (MSchu)

Haha it's all good man, how old are you again?? I forgot, I think I remember it being mentioned somewhere.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:20 AM
rastropovitch

Put it this way... I am the grandpa of the group (though I actually have no children) :-p
Old 01-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And Scarey, do they give good wind protection?? Are they pretty warm cause my hands get cold really easily and I need something that will keep me warm without making me sweat buckets.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They're not vented if thats what you mean. Besides that, they're just leather gloves with no special weather lining so they can get kinda cold if temp drops.

Best part about them is they don't have any odd intrusions by protectors that dig into any parts of the hand or fingers. My GP Pro's have a hard plastic/rubber knuckle that, if not in the right place, can dig in a bit. Where as for the SP-S, the carbon knuckles are under soft padding and you never notice it. Also, there's no armor on the fingers so they're nice and soft. On my GP Pro's they're like these hard plastic protectors on the fingers that feel hard from the inside because inadequate padding.

You won't regret the SP-1's. They're awesome gloves for mild to moderate riding situations. I personally use my SP-S 80% of the time. I used to use my Joe Rockets https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1104689 the other 20%. And the JR's are extremely comfortable too.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 PM

Would it be better for to just wait and buy the GP Plus'???
Old 01-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Default Re: (Muffler Bearing)

Are you gonna use it for track/canyon? If your risks of a get off is gonna be high, I'd suggest the Plus' or the Pro's. If its gonna be a everyday glove, get the SP-1's.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:18 AM

Well its gonna be an everyday glove but it gets pretty cold in Washington so I don't know, anybody else have an opinion on these gloves, either the SP-1's or the GP Plus'???