Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

2006 Honda CBR 600RR Break-In....?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (s2kkk)

i think i just might roll the dyno afterall after reading all of this it seems that accel and decel at various RPMs is the way to go...
Old 04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i always wondered if its possible that they just wanted you to take so long to break it in so you can get used to the bike. Especially since so many riders are so new, and usually cant keep up with the proper maitnance.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lance C)

Even after reading all that (all the while being skeptical), I'm still unsure about the hard break-ins.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (Nihonjin)

man...somepople says this and that.

so there is no 100% sure answer??
Old 04-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nope.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Lance C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lance C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i always wondered if its possible that they just wanted you to take so long to break it in so you can get used to the bike. Especially since so many riders are so new, and usually cant keep up with the proper maitnance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the reason for the long break in period is so you are nice to the other components of the bike/car...like the brakes, tires, etc...
Old 04-24-2006, 11:07 AM

Default Re: (Nishant)

I've broken in 2 brand new cars this way and no problems whatsoever. Ask anyone who builds engines and they'll tell you the same thing. Of course, it's got to be a bit methodical: you're not just going to bounce of the revlimiter from stoplight to stoplight in every gear.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:54 PM

Default Re: (Rah Rah)

I broke my cbr in the way the manual says and it now has 23,000 on it usually what honda says in the manual is what you should do dont let some group of idiots shorten the life of your bike
Old 04-24-2006, 08:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by s2kkk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How did I know that was coming. Your a jerk off dude. I mean if you must know I pay for my own ****. Dont be a jealous hater. Its called a good job. Do you have one of those? Probably not seeing that you say the **** you do.

Oh... and it was $41,691. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actully I do have a good job, and I have a mortgage as well as all my other bills..Living at home doesn't count man, i could have bought a porsche when i lived with my parents...enough of the ***** measuring, your cool, your 21 and you roll in a baller mobile...congratulations man, all highschool boys envy you
Old 04-25-2006, 04:00 PM
* B A N N E D *

Originally Posted by DusterDC5
I would certainly NOT break a car engine in this way, to me that is stupid...a bike, hell yes ...a car that your planning on keeping for an extended period of time should be b
ummm the engines are made the same way d00d...

Originally Posted by .water
there was thread about. break in. it says, you need to ride hard. differnt from car.
as you stated, modern technology is EXTREMELY sophisticated compaired to what it used to be, they say your rings are set 95% in your first 30 miles...
1: what increased manufacturing sophistication are you talking about, and what do you mean "used to be".
2: who are "they", other people on the internet? should i cite you as "they" in my next informational post to soemone asking a serious question.
lol, only reason to pull an engine apart is cause you wrecked something or your rebuilding it. I highly doubt you have ever done it either
but you can read internet forums and they are about as reliable as talking to the dyno shop down my street..

Kudos to you on breaking your G35 in by driving the crap out of it. Must be nice to have rich parents to buy you a brand new $40,000 car??
1: there are more reasons to pull an engine apart and you should know that
2: good call on people on the internet giving possibly bad advice, like you...
3: how do you know that guy with teh g35 isn't 40 years old.
Originally Posted by Rah Rah
Ask anyone who builds engines and they'll tell you the same thing.
No, they are not, millions of people build engines and i bet they would say hundreds of different thigns.
Originally Posted by Nishant
the reason for the long break in period is so you are nice to the other components of the bike/car...like the brakes, tires, etc...
Sources?
Originally Posted by pootsiracer
I broke my cbr in the way the manual says and it now has 23,000 on it usually what honda says in the manual is what you should do dont let some group of idiots shorten the life of your bike
I think you are on the right track but i dont know because sometimes you might just type what you are thinking and then just hit enter and not read it so im not sure about the manual says something blah no end of the sentence tons of thoughts all together but i might be on the right track.

I hope this is the last time i waste my time on HT reading a thread that is someone asking for good info, and tons of people jumping in and saying "i heard this forom "them"".

Provide links, give advice and a source, or a reason (if its your own made up reason say it is your own made up reason).

Personally, I would believe the people who build and race and unbuild and rebuild the engine that I am looking at racing. Not some guy on the internet with pictures, not some salesman at the dealership, not some tech in the dealership, and not some guy that wrote the engine manual.

AND DEFINITELY NOT PEOPLE ON INTERNET FORUMS

So go to a motorcycle race, find someone in a pit crew, ask them for a minute of their time, see what they have to say.

REPEAT

Don't be lazy and ask ******' 16-year-olds on honda-tech for god's sake.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Re: (EGmikeH22)

I will answer the questions directed at me...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGmikeH22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ummm the engines are made the same way d00d....</TD></TR></TABLE>

1 The engines are made the same way, but i ride the absolute **** out of my bikes and I HIGHLY doubt they would make it to 30,000 miles not to mind you 120,000-150,000... Therefore I would break the engine in easier because for some reason my mind tells me if you work it hard, eventually it will break, so why start.

2.Yes I am aware there are more reason to pull an engine apart, I was just being a smartass..

3 and 4. If you want to call it bad advice, good for you, i don't think ive ever seen your name on the forum before so STFU oh and the guy with the G35's profile says he is 21, thats how i know hes not 40...learn to use the internet before you post..."Dood"...

No i didn't awnser all your questions, but Im curious as to why you even posted? You didn't say anything intelligent at all...or even give an opinion...wait...have you ever even rode a motorcycle?

Modified by DusterDC5 at 3:11 AM 4/26/2006
Old 04-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGmikeH22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sources?</TD></TR></TABLE>

pick a car manufacturer, its stated in the owner's manuals
Old 04-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nishant)

i know guys that break bikes in by the manual and others by redlining and beating on it the day they bought it. in the end all the bikes are all fine. personally if i had the money to get a brand new bike, id baby it and go by the manual just because i couldnt justify beating on it.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGmikeH22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Personally, I would believe the people who build and race and unbuild and rebuild the engine that I am looking at racing. Not some guy on the internet with pictures, not some salesman at the dealership, not some tech in the dealership, and not some guy that wrote the engine manual.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know you were on a rampage there for a moment, but the above in bold doesn't make sense to me.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (Nihonjin)

I followed my manual about break in - but at the same time it also gave me some time to get used to my new motorcycle too.

Whatever, personal perference if you ask me. Apples and Oranges.

liam
Old 04-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (liam821)

hey guys....i appreciate all of your opinions and statements....thanks.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGmikeH22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No, they are not, millions of people build engines and i bet they would say hundreds of different thigns.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Some people know how to build engines and some just put it together using a book or "How to" posts from the internet. Many good friends and aquiantances of mine have experience "building" engines--Hondas, Ford, Chevy, etc. Some are mechanics, mechanical engineers, average joes with lots of experience......

Easy break in or hard break in....it will most certainly break in the engine.

For the guy who originally posted this thread, if you follow Honda's recommendation, your bike will be fine. If you break your bike in using the "hard" method you might benefit. Like a mentioned before, I've used this method on two new cars. I also used the OEM recommended schedule on another vehicle I had and in the end all the vehicles were fine. My brother used the hard break-in method on his new car and it runs flawlessly. Anyway, good luck with your new bike
Old 04-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rah Rah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Some people know how to build engines and some just put it together using a book or "How to" posts from the internet. Many good friends and aquiantances of mine have experience "building" engines--Hondas, Ford, Chevy, etc. Some are mechanics, mechanical engineers, average joes with lots of experience......

Easy break in or hard break in....it will most certainly break in the engine.

For the guy who originally posted this thread, if you follow Honda's recommendation, your bike will be fine. If you break your bike in using the "hard" method you might benefit. Like a mentioned before, I've used this method on two new cars. I also used the OEM recommended schedule on another vehicle I had and in the end all the vehicles were fine. My brother used the hard break-in method on his new car and it runs flawlessly. Anyway, good luck with your new bike </TD></TR></TABLE>thanks man...
Old 04-29-2006, 12:06 PM

did you buy the warrenty, if so F*** the break in. thats why you bought it. I hope you also got the GAP insurance