Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

*Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread*

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread*

I'm sick as hell, it's snowing out and I'm sitting in my room wearing my leather jacket and conditioning/cleaning all my motorcycle stuff. I've watched my new copy of Faster twice today.

My brother and I went to the dealership today to go sit on an 05' ZX6R(the ******* windscreen is so low they cut a dent in the tank for you chin) and ended up ordering a $ 1400 Vanson 1 piece to try on later this week even though riding is another 3 months away. The owners son just got back from the tire tests at daytona so we heard about that and how Jordan's team is doing(he works for them).

After that we thought it would be a great idea to go start our bikes which are sitting in the basement of the restaurant we own. Of course everyone eating lunch got all pissy because the floor was shaking and it smelt ******* horrible. The whole basement was full of smoke. Note to self: open a window next time.

And I think I took too much nyquil.

Anyone else get like this when they can't ride?
Old 01-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (RebornGSR)

OMG

Last night, I wore my Dainese Jacket, tried on all my gloves, tried on the back protector, walked around the house on the phone with my gear on, all while in my pajama pants! Going nuts. Cleared up today. Too bad I had to work. Its gonna rain again tomorrow.

Warmed up my bike here at work (its stored here) and revved the **** out of it.
My Snap-On guy bought a Gixxer 6 and was checkin out my ride. We're all going nuts.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:55 PM
rastropovitch

Well... I live in so cal, so it is hard to relate. However I have a good idea for you... Next time right before winter starts setting its dirty little mits into your riding calendar... go to a local bike shop and have them fit a cheap bias ply tire to teh rear of your bike. Then in the dead of winter when your about to take closest .45 caliber auto to work, you pull all your cars out of the garage and fire up the crotchy and squeeze a handfull of front brake and start doing dounts in the middle of your garage floor. I have heard that this does wonders for your sanity
Schu
Old 01-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Z
Old User.

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (MSchu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSchu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well... I live in so cal, so it is hard to relate. However I have a good idea for you... Next time right before winter starts setting its dirty little mits into your riding calendar... go to a local bike shop and have them fit a cheap bias ply tire to teh rear of your bike. Then in the dead of winter when your about to take closest .45 caliber auto to work, you pull all your cars out of the garage and fire up the crotchy and squeeze a handfull of front brake and start doing dounts in the middle of your garage floor. I have heard that this does wonders for your sanity
Schu</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or, he could just get a dirtbike and ride in the winter.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:07 PM

I think im doing well im not goin as insane as i was last year but now i have a nice car and it satifies my speed cravings nicely
Old 01-06-2005, 04:12 PM

Supposed to be in the 60s all next week here in Nova.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ I heard that, now I just gotta get my bike insured
Old 01-06-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: (gots_a_sol)

haha damn man just go out ther and ride! Get some cold weather gear... long underwear, balaclava, thick gloves, etc.. and RIDE!
This winter I've been doing tons of riding since it has been a pretty mild winter thus far
Old 01-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: (Reckless636)

Hehe, There's been about 5 days of "cold" weather here all season. By cold, I mean, you'd goosebump in a textile jacket if it wasn't zipped up.

My insanity comes from the empty space reserved for the bike I don't have right now.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: (Goullish)

well, come winter, and ive been out west for a week or so visiting my gf in washington. Been skiing a whole lot, and actually haven't thought much about riding as you see i haven't posted in about a month.

Come the winter time i have to say i love my skies... and i WOULD go crazy if there was no snow in the mountains.

However i am enjoying my time away from school and on the slopes... (learned how to snowboard in one day... NOT THAT HARD... learned 540's and some rails on the skiies and have skiied at 3 very very nice mountains out here)

so no, im not going crazy
Old 01-06-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: (ProjectF4)

Put grip heaters on my bike the other night....

I can ride well into the 20*'s with 7 layers and my new winter gloves. As long as it doesn't snow this should be a good winter.

I might be getting my Comp Licsense as soon as it warms up, too!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

definately feel you on this one-- i put on all my gear the other night just to make sure it fits, and i go out in the garage once a day at least just to check up on her, cleaning, and remedying anything i can find. I CANT WAIT for good weather!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:14 PM

I feel ya man, makes me sad in the pants
Old 01-06-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (globlctzn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by globlctzn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I feel ya man, makes me sad in the pants </TD></TR></TABLE>

...making your girlfriend insane as well. Sucks to be in your house right now.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (Goullish)

I live in Big Bear (so cal) which sucks for winter riding because of the snow. on the bright side it doesn't get that cold 40s on a warm day high 20s on a real cold day. lately (this winter) we have been getting a lot of snow. and at this rate i prob wont get to ride for another month. about 4 days after it started snowing i decided to take apart my clutch to inspect for burns. To my surprise i found that 3 of the bolts were WAYYYY over torqued one of them even broke off when i tried to remove it. So I've decided to replace the clutch with a Kevlar one + harder springs, new plugs, new K&N Air Filter, Brake pads, Re Jetting it with a wide band A/F meter and maby some Crash Bars as well. at least that what i want to do. but anyway i feel your pain i normally ride 7 days a week 50+ miles a day average just to ride.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Son

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (hks85)

hks85: Is Mountain High next to Big Bear? I was there Sunday, it was snowing hard. We might also get snow here down in the lower Valley this weekend.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (hks85)

**** I haven't rode my bike since the end of July when I flipped it. It's tough trying to find the F/R wheel for a 98-99 zx-9r. I have taken the local Honda dealer lender Buell out for a ride and my friends 900rr 2 weeks ago cause he blew his motor up 2 weeks b4 I wrecked. But now it's icy so no riding for anyone. I have been going crazy since I wrecked I rode all the time non stop. As for last year when I got my bike finished in Feb. it was 20 degrees out and I was riding all over cruising around with longjohns and fully geared up everyone thought I was crazy but hey I was riding and I would be now if I had wheels lol.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (dan_w_82)

heh heh....i got cold so i decided to head south to florida for a weekend of trackdays at jennings...leaving in 5 hours!

enjoy the cold weather suckas!!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (hybridreams)

I'd like to say a big **** YOU! to everyone who relpied to this thread then went riding
Old 01-07-2005, 12:48 AM

I feel your pain seeming I'm in NY ... I got a whole **** load of sub-zero weather gear so as soon as all this snow and everything clears I will be taking my bike out of the shed and having some fun. They say normally at 55 mph on a 65 degree day the wind chill at that speed drops the temp to 33 degrees so .... if it is atleast 20 degrees out I think I can take it Let's hope for a mild winter !
Old 01-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (Z)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Or, he could just get a dirtbike and ride in the winter. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i've done that. it doesn't work out as well as you would think.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:27 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (usdmPC3)

HAY GUYS
Old 01-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (falcongsr)

Damm that weather looks perfect......
Old 01-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread* (JDMGSRCRX)

Hahaha reminds me of when I first got my suit. I wore it to break it in and fell asleep in it. Was waiting for a new set of tires at the time so I couldnt ride.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rode around for about 10 mins today, never went above 30 mph and still froze my ***** off, need to get actual pants instead of jeans

p.s. it was around 40 or so

Modified by gots_a_sol at 7:48 PM 1/7/2005

Quick Reply: *Offical it's winter and I've gone insane thread*