Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

CR-Z Official Debut in Detroit Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:12 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: CR-Z Official Debut in Detroit Today

Originally Posted by Tyson
from what i hear, the real driving experience is consistent with the specs.
Do you know people who've driven the JDM version or the North American version?
Old 01-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian g
We can take advantage of the other problem too. Just fill half the radiator opening with intercooler.

BTW as tall as that front end is, a V6 would fit easily and might make an interesting drag car.

brian g

So guys...three pages into this debate, and I don't know at all about the impressions of most, if not ALL of the containing points of view, but I for One, am encouraged by the three post's of the OP! I'm also encouraged and delighted that Brian seems excited about "performance" prospects for this New 2010, Honda Two door. I'm quite certain from the "tone" of Mr. Gillespie's post's that he's got some plans brewing for this little machine, and I'm sure it has Nothing to do with old "B" series power. Brian's likely planning on only K and J series goodness for this little chasis. Want fuel efficiency, go for a Fit, want performance, pick up this little gem and let Brian perform his magic!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:47 PM
No Big Whoop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lucelukeEH2
So guys...three pages into this debate, and I don't know at all about the impressions of most, if not ALL of the containing points of view, but I for One, am encouraged by the three post's of the OP! I'm also encouraged and delighted that Brian seems excited about "performance" prospects for this New 2010, Honda Two door. I'm quite certain from the "tone" of Mr. Gillespie's post's that he's got some plans brewing for this little machine, and I'm sure it has Nothing to do with old "B" series power. Brian's likely planning on only K and J series goodness for this little chasis. Want fuel efficiency, go for a Fit, want performance, pick up this little gem and let Brian perform his magic!
But realistically speaking, who is going to spend around $20K for the car, then mounts, engine and extras to end up with something you could have done for a lot less with another honda?
Any CRZ engine swaps for the average engine-swapping-Honda-owner is a few years down the road.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Streets closed Pizzagate boy

LoLz
Old 01-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Maxbore.com
But realistically speaking, who is going to spend around $20K for the car, then mounts, engine and extras to end up with something you could have done for a lot less with another honda?
Any CRZ engine swaps for the average engine-swapping-Honda-owner is a few years down the road.

My thoughts EXACTLY.....this is why I'm Not writing the development of this car off.

Could've been A LOT worse.....they could've come out with Yet ANOTHER dual purpose/dual/Identical product such as a Third MDX/ZDX/Crosstour, Element/CR-V, thing!

I'm just relieved Honda came out with another two door/three door chasis. I'm willin to work with what Honda's puttin out, especially with Brian doin his CNC magic.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

again, this might work if it wasn't a torsion beam rear.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George Knighton
I just don't understand.

I'm older than all of you, and I seem to be able to more readily grasp the concept that it is 2010, not 1989.
Honda tuners see the crx as a sportie small car that can be made very fast. What they forget is even the si model off the showroom floor had to be floored to pass a mailbox. This new car is pretty much aimed at the same people that bought the old crx off the dealer lots....single women. The crx was always a single womens car....so is the crz. You want a car that is aimed at the people that like to tune the crx? Look at the mini coupe....It is under 2500 lbs and only has 2 seats, has a 1.6 turbo motor with 175 hp and it will rundown much hoter cars than it.

born in 1962..............
Old 01-18-2010, 11:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Old 01-24-2010, 12:03 PM
New User

I took a good long look at the car when it debuted, dug around in the back, under the hood, sat in the seat, made vroom vroom noises as I shifted the transmission, and I gotta say, it's another Honda whiff, a pretty big one.

We all know the numbers are disappointing, but there are other problems.

The ergo on the interior is weird, like the Camaro, you feel like you're sitting in a bathtub, the navi-screen is too far away, the front end visibility is very vague. since you're giving up two seats there better be a lot of storage, it's kinda not. The liftover height is way up there and the shape of the storage is weird. I have high expectations for Honda, and this car didn't even come close to fulfilling them.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tyson
the specs and 0-60 times were published in the japanese brochure.
i dont think theres any question on it.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=866814

from what i hear, the real driving experience is consistent with the specs.

Japanese specs and US specs are always identical.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:49 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by IT GUY
Japanese specs and US specs are always identical.
I wasn't going to say that. :-)

Now people are going to be asking you if they'd have reason to believe that they'd like the USDM specs a little better.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by George Knighton
I wasn't going to say that. :-)

Now people are going to be asking you if they'd have reason to believe that they'd like the USDM specs a little better.

It's entirely possible... but maybe only for a short period of time.
The US had a k20 powered 8th gen civic before japan did. The best they had at the time was an EX model with the R18. Now later they did release a type R that of course embarrassed our US Si. Who knows how this will go though.

It's just always interesting to see how the release of a new model or even updated model plays out.