Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Why is this plastic piece only on one side WTF!!??? LOOOK!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why is this plastic piece only on one side WTF!!??? LOOOK!!!!!!

ok i just noticed that under the hood of my fiance's hood on her fit there is a plastic shield/ garnish only on the drivers side.??? i look over at the passenger side and notice there is not one there WTF??? so i go look on the honda parts catalog and for some reason it only shows one, which is for the drivers side and not passenger side. This is kinda dumb why wouldnt they do it for both sides.

here take a look

THERE IT IS ......

AND NOTHING OVER HERE.....

Only for the left side.... idk weird #12

DONT MIND THE HID BALLAST IT WAS FALLING OFF SO I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING IT WHEN I NOTICED THIS....

Old 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why is this plastic piece only on one side WTF!!??? LOOOK!!!!!! (DeDonDeRosa)

As you take a close look at the intake opening, it goes to the outside of the engine bay and into the wheel well to suck in cool air. So the purpose of that piece of plastic is to block as much, if not all, of the generated heat from the engine into the wheel well as possible. Hince, the intake opening is in the wheel well. There is a huge gap of opening without it.

That's the only thing I can think of why...!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Why is this plastic piece only on one side WTF!!??? LOOOK!!!!!! (Fitifornia Blue)

yea that could be... but idk im just sayin they could have put it on both sides its looks better with it, then without it
Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also noticed this.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:03 PM
nerd

Default Re: (eL)

HONDA PwN3D!! US!!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahaha... That's pretty funny. I'll have to check that out when I go pick up my Fit.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also noticed this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

me too....i thought i got gyped....i guess not now
Old 08-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (07 GD3)

omg seriously all u guys are having a fit (LITERALLY). Who cares if one side has it and doesn't have it. PPL complain about the tiniest things that honestly just pisses me off. I mean just look at how upset the creator of this thread is about not having a plastic piece. If it bothers u that much, just go get a plstic mold created and make one urself. Honestly im glad that honda didnt' put that thing there because we paid $50 less if that piece was there. You now know what that thing does on the drivers side, so just stop talking about it that the pass. side doesn't have it. Geez.

EL sorry if i ranted on about this but its soo annoying that people complain about the tiniest things. If u ask any local people that know me personally, i do not have an attitude nor do not complain about anything and try 2 help as best as possible, but these kinda things just bother me.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solbrothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

calm down bro. this the intrawebz </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I agree with him seems like alot of the Fit owners are whining over the dumbest littlest crap.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:04 AM
New User

Default Re: (RickyGoshDarn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RickyGoshDarn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, I agree with him seems like alot of the Fit owners are whining over the dumbest littlest crap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? Like what? I have no complaints. I think it's a great value.

If you look around, what can you buy for $15-$16k? Scion? Scions suck. Saturn? Even worse than Scion. Corolla? Will only get you a base corolla w/o the options the Fit has standard. Even Hyundai's are around $20k now. I guess there's Kia...but who wants a Kia?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SwiftTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Really? Like what? I have no complaints. I think it's a great value.

If you look around, what can you buy for $15-$16k? Scion? Scions suck. Saturn? Even worse than Scion. Corolla? Will only get you a base corolla w/o the options the Fit has standard. Even Hyundai's are around $20k now. I guess there's Kia...but who wants a Kia? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, little stuff like rattles, peeling paint, wiper noise etc... People have some reasons cause it's a new car and such.

I have no complaints either I love my Fit, Fit &gt; all.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RickyGoshDarn)

I totally aggree with you RickyGoshDarn i absolutely love my fit and don't care about the tiny little things like the paint peeling (even tho i have it on 3 sides, whatever it's not gonna kill me) or the rattling (omg just turn on the radio and u won't hear it anymore) or that windshield wiper noise (take em off if u dont want em 2 make noise) I have owned my fit for a year and 4 months and have lived with all these "problems" as some people call it. Again, look at the quality of the car that u are getting for the price, remember it's still a Honda and a great quality Honda indeed.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (koolkevin1107)

If it bugs you that much...take the driver's side plastic off and then it will "look" even. But personally, it doesn't bother me.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why is this plastic piece only on one side WTF!!??? LOOOK!!!!!! (DeDonDeRosa)

i have both sides on...j/k
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dj_BUDDAH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dj_BUDDAH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HONDA PwN3D!! US!!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL. When it comes to slang or whatever it's called, I'm a total noob. What does that mean?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 PM

Mine is for sale if you want to even it out
Old 08-16-2007, 04:52 PM

see if you can buy one from the right side driver Fits... hehehe.. they should have it on the other side, then you've got a pair... lol
Old 08-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

honda "owned" us </TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha! Thank you. Yes, indeed. HONDA PwN3D!! US!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: (Fitifornia Blue)

LoL that's pretty funny how Honda would intentionally make it non symmetrical
Old 09-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (koolkevin1107)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by koolkevin1107 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
...don't care about the tiny little things like the paint peeling (even tho i have it on 3 sides, whatever it's not gonna kill me) ... I have owned my fit for a year and 4 months ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

WOW, I'm just as chill as the next guy, but if I had a 16-month old car and it had peeling paint on three sides, I'd be PISSED no matter what the class of the car. Why should you have to put up with peeling paint after only a year? I don't happen to own a Fit, and I'm not speaking for the quality of the rest of the car. But really? Peeling paint in a year and you're okay with it? Wow, you are far more Zen then I am, props!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:28 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Rainmaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rainmaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WOW, I'm just as chill as the next guy, but if I had a 16-month old car and it had peeling paint on three sides, I'd be PISSED no matter what the class of the car. Why should you have to put up with peeling paint after only a year? I don't happen to own a Fit, and I'm not speaking for the quality of the rest of the car. But really? Peeling paint in a year and you're okay with it? Wow, you are far more Zen then I am, props!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just fixed my front bumper with touch up paint that I was given at the dealer. I doubt it'll come back but if it does, I'll be the first one at the dealer that morning.