Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Depleted Honda Fit battery -- how long to recharge, how to re-enable radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depleted Honda Fit battery -- how long to recharge, how to re-enable radio?

I left the interior map lights (driver & passenger side lights) on for about 30 hours, depleting the batter in my Honda Fit. I could barely see the lights on. Fortunately, at least one towing service had a service vehicle that could get into the underground where it was parked. After getting boosted, I drove it around with high RPMs, mostly on the highway, for about an hour, interspersed with normal city RPMs for errands (though I tried to keep the RPMs high even then).

(1) How long does it take for a typical OEM sub-compact battery to be charged? There is a color indicator that shows when the batter is in good shape, when it needs fluid, and when it needs charging. After the total of about 1 hour of high RPMs, the color indicator still says the battery needs charging. A Stack Exchange post http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/q...arge-a-battery mentions 2 to 5 hours, wondering if this ballpark range can be narrowed for a Honda Fit.

(2) The combined audio/clock system got reset, as evidenced by the nonsensical time on the clock. When I turned on the radio, it asked to enter a code. A quick browse through the audio and battery changing sections of the manual reveals nothing about a code. What is this code?
Old 03-17-2019, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Depleted Honda Fit battery -- how long to recharge, how to re-enable radio?

The battery status indicator finally shows that it is charged, after 3 weeks. So it can take weeks of typical daily work commutes to recharge a depleted battery on the Fit.

As for the radio code, that is on a piece of paper that forms part of the documentation package when the car was purchased. However, the other responds' answers show solutions if you no longer have that piece of paper.