Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

"Skunk2 Fit R" on Street Tuner Challenge!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (disabled)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by disabled &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks good, how much hp/tq?</TD></TR></TABLE>
can't answer till after they air

LOOKS GOOD!!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So, the production parts for sale will come out after the finale of the show? I can't wait. I don't even have a Fit yet but more and more I see/read about this car, the more I wish there isn't a 3-4 month wait for one so I can just go buy one.

By the way, if you can't tell us some of the details before the airing, why did you post up the pictures? That looks like the finished product so I can already tell what some of the future episodes will be on. I mean, I love the pictures but they also give away some of the story, right? Hehe.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Re: (F23Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F23Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, the production parts for sale will come out after the finale of the show? </TD></TR></TABLE>

The lowering springs are already out, you can see those on our website. We should have a 60mm exhaust on the market by October followed by a 50mm. Several other parts are in the development stages but I have no ETA on those.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F23Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By the way, if you can't tell us some of the details before the airing, why did you post up the pictures? That looks like the finished product so I can already tell what some of the future episodes will be on. I mean, I love the pictures but they also give away some of the story, right? Hehe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't post results ie dyno numbers, race times, etc. =p

Old 09-06-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: "Skunk2 Fit R" on Street Tuner Challenge! Build Pics (skunk2.com)

Will you be selling the rear disc conversion too?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: "Skunk2 Fit R" on Street Tuner Challenge! Build Pics (T3T4H22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T3T4H22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will you be selling the rear disc conversion too?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's possible. Our Prod. Development guys are working like madmen to bring you guys all the fun toys. I'll post up as soon as I have a definitive answer.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, I can't wait to see what this thing does. A GTI and a Mustang will be tough competition for a Fit tho.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:34 PM

fits are old lady cars....but damn u made it look raw
Old 09-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Skunk2 Fit R" on Street Tuner Challenge! Build Pics (eric22p)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eric22p &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fits are old lady cars....but damn u made it look raw </TD></TR></TABLE>

I disagree, its a great platform to start out with.

Good job skunk.

Do you think those springs will match well with some Koni Yellows?
(I know, not out yet...)
Old 09-09-2006, 05:19 PM
B*A*N*N*E*D

great work guys.

we'll have a pretty insane k-series FIT project here at PeakBoost next week. same kind of situation, competition in super street mag to show what the endless possiblities are for these fits.

sorry, not a thread jack back to Skunk2

tell dave and jimmy that ken says hi and see ya at sema.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 PM

I love all the work done, except for the "out of place" stereo.

Real race cars don't have stereos, you hum to yourself on the track.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AudioCra-Z)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioCra-Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love all the work done, except for the "out of place" stereo.

Real race cars don't have stereos, you hum to yourself on the track.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you watched the show...you would see that it is made so it can be removed very easily when it comes to track time.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioCra-Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love all the work done, except for the "out of place" stereo.

Real race cars don't have stereos, you hum to yourself on the track.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll pass that along to our Racing Development team.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i wish i had the SPEED channel, im missing out on so much cool stuff...great looking car, glad to see you didnt go the flat black route, the blue really looks good on the fit, and the flat black would've ruined its..uhh....err....cute-ness?(flamesuit on )...i personally would've went with that pink in comes in in japan
Old 09-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good show, been watching it. i dont think it'll compete with the other cars but we'll see.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

seen some of the show ... the chick narreating is annoying as hell. She sounds like she's reading the cue cards for the first time and just reading words without knowing what the sentance says. . They could have found someone with more knowledge to "host". At least if you're going to have a stupid sounding chick have her look good and show her often, not just some background read-over bimbo. Dr Meth is pretty annoying too, but I already knew that. I saw some of the last season where the Cobalt schooled the crap out of the 800hp Skyline and the Jetta. All-in-all the show is probably good to those who it's geard towards, I just wish Speed would show more racing and less NASCAR and car "lifestyle" crap shows.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: (skunk2.com)

isnt the fit slow as hell.i heard it takes about 10 secs to hit 60mph and does like 18-19 secs in the 1/4 mile.

isnt tuning a fit pretty much trying to make it go as fast as a stock ep3.

idk ... like i want one because of good gas milage but its not really a sporty car at all.

How good are these things really?I find them useless in every way.only for nice gas mileage seems to be the reason for this car.

like i said i dont really know,are they any good?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LazJDM)

Have you read one goddamn post in this entire forum??? How about the gigantic "Do you really like the Fit" thread???

It's an economy car--not a Murcielago. It's designed to haul stuff and get good gas mileage--not run 10's all day and M4d tYt3 DrIfTz00rz y0!!!

Honda could care less about the crowd who says it's not fast enough--they're missing the point.

It handles exceptionally well for a car in this class. That's its big benefit stock.

This particular thread is about the buildup on a show. A wideboded, turboed version of the Fit will be fast and rip around the track. If you plan on putting $20k of work into one, then bravo.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: "Skunk2 Fit R" on Street Tuner Challenge! Build Pics (nonsense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonsense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seen some of the show ... the chick narreating is annoying as hell. She sounds like she's reading the cue cards for the first time and just reading words without knowing what the sentance says. . They could have found someone with more knowledge to "host". At least if you're going to have a stupid sounding chick have her look good and show her often, not just some background read-over bimbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have to agree, she's pretty retarded at narrarating. i hope she looks better then she talks.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Skunk2 Fit R" on Street Tuner Challenge! (JJDrivesAJazz)

damn i like this FIT
Old 09-15-2006, 11:19 AM
wrenchin'

the show is about building an "all around" car. remember the name of the show "street tuner" challenge

last season chevy built a full race cobalt, completely ignoring the rules of the show. it was fast as f uck though.

oh, and the cars is competing against are a supercharged V6 mustang and a GTI with an upgraded turbo. i think the fit has a good chance, though the motor is almost 1/3 the size of the motor in the stang
Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Have an STD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Have an STD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh, and the cars is competing against are a supercharged V6 mustang and a GTI with an upgraded turbo. i think the fit has a good chance, though the motor is almost 1/3 the size of the motor in the stang</TD></TR></TABLE>

and the fit isnt honda's flagship sports car like the stang is to ford
Old 09-17-2006, 10:35 AM
wrenchin'

Default Re: (pos_cd5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pos_cd5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and the fit isnt honda's flagship sports car like the stang is to ford </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know if u noticed the fact that it says V6 in my post, not to meantion the mustang has about a 1000 pounds on the fit
Old 09-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Have an STD)

Old 09-17-2006, 12:48 PM

For those who think it is retarded to make a econo car go fast, stfu. Remember the CRX? When they first came out, they were fuel-conservative, econo cars. I remember the commercials of "spend less at the pump" on the tv. Few years later, and people loved taking that car, and modifying it into a serious racer. I see the same here with the Fit. For morons and lazy bastards, go and buy you a fast car. I like taking a slow car, and surprising the crap out of people.

For those who who think the fit can be nothing but a fuel econo box, because that is the way they are off the showroom, go away. You obviously don't know anything about cars.

Now, for the skunk2 guys, when are you going to tell us compression and boost psi numbers? I am curious as to what all you had to do.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Skunk2 Fit R" on Street Tuner Challenge! (JJDrivesAJazz)

woah..
damn
nice

Quick Reply: "Skunk2 Fit R" on Street Tuner Challenge!